The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Sarah, Duchess of York current events 16 - 1 June 2011- 31 December 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/sarah-duchess-of-york-current-events-16-1-june-2011-31-december-2013-a-31225.html)

Zonk 06-01-2011 12:44 PM

Sarah, Duchess of York current events 16 - 1 June 2011- 31 December 2013

Sarah, Duchess of York current events 16

Coat of Arms for Sarah, Duchess of York
commencing June 2011

Part 15, covering January 2011 until May 2011, can be found here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1-a-29718.html
* Posts rehashing old events and posts indulging in gratuitous Sarah-bashing will be removed .

Irish Eyes 06-01-2011 06:28 PM

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, launching memoir at Princeton Barnes & Noble June 27 at 7pm

Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York, will sign her much-anticipated memoir, Finding Sarah, on Monday, June 27 at 7pm at Barnes & Noble, 3535 US Route 1 South in the MarketFair Mall, Princeton, NJ.

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, launching memoir at Princeton Barnes & Noble June 27 at 7pm | PRLog

If anyone is in the area Sarah has a book signing in Princeton on June 27th.

Diarist 06-01-2011 07:11 PM

This sounds interesting and I wonder how well the book will do, as in my very humble opinion, it sounds a bit like 'the same old story'. Also I do wish the PRs could get ir right; Sarah is not 'Sarah THE Duchess of York'; she lost the right to be THE duchess on her divorce; she is simpley Sarah, Duchess of York.

charlottestreasures 06-01-2011 09:09 PM

She certainly has alot to say.

Tiggersk8 06-01-2011 10:56 PM

I feel much the same as Alex. Plus, it's obvious a tie in for the series about to be launched on OWN, so how much is this book Sarah "finding herself" yet again or how much of it is getting her image out there again in the public eye?

I like Sarah, but she needs *real* help to deal w/her problems. It's time to deal w/all the issues and grow up.

TLLK 06-02-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 (Post 1261217)
I feel much the same as Alex. Plus, it's obvious a tie in for the series about to be launched on OWN, so how much is this book Sarah "finding herself" yet again or how much of it is getting her image out there again in the public eye?

I like Sarah, but she needs *real* help to deal w/her problems. It's time to deal w/all the issues and grow up.

True, but if she "grows up" then she's less newsworthy.;)

wbenson 06-02-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diarist (Post 1261169)
This sounds interesting and I wonder how well the book will do, as in my very humble opinion, it sounds a bit like 'the same old story'. Also I do wish the PRs could get ir right; Sarah is not 'Sarah THE Duchess of York'; she lost the right to be THE duchess on her divorce; she is simpley Sarah, Duchess of York.

Her Twitter account is also "SarahTheDuchess." I suspect it's a lost cause.

FergieFan 06-04-2011 10:10 AM

Interesting interview with Sarah in the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/fa...ewanted=1&_r=1

MRSJ 06-04-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FergieFan

She is still whiny- oh I work 24/7 to pay for my staff, seems like she's blaming her having to work on her staff. And she's staying at the penthouse sweet.....Sorry but i was a Sarah fan and now not so much .....

HRH Princess Sonya 06-04-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSJ (Post 1262287)
She is still whiny- oh I work 24/7 to pay for my staff, seems like she's blaming her having to work on her staff. And she's staying at the penthouse sweet.....Sorry but i was a Sarah fan and now not so much .....

The line the article where she says "Andrew knows I could never sell him out. That's why he is still with me" turns my stomach. IAO she sold him out the moment she cheated on him while they were still married & over the years the hits just kept on coming.

I never wanted to think that Andrew really was for the lack of a better words that dumb & blind.

I also think Sarah is hanging on to the life she ruined.

Kataryn 06-04-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya (Post 1262354)
The line the article where she says "Andrew knows I could never sell him out. That's why he is still with me" turns my stomach. IAO she sold him out the moment she cheated on him while they were still married & over the years the hits just kept on coming.

I never wanted to think that Andrew really was for the lack of a better words that dumb & blind.

I also think Sarah is hanging on to the life she ruined.

That article was Ouch! She will never change.

kakieanne 06-04-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kataryn (Post 1262366)
That article was Ouch! She will never change.

Sadly, I believe you are correct. Why should she change? As long as Sarah keeps messing up Andrew and their daughters will keep coming to her aid...she remains the center of their attention and gets lots of ink in the press. It would be nice to think that she would now behave herself and live quietly in the background. But that will NEVER happen. Sarah reminds me of a child who will misbehave just to get attention. :bang:

charlottestreasures 06-04-2011 09:50 PM

I always thought Sarah got a rough deal in the marriage to Andrew.
She was not allowed to be a navy wife and follow him and was
left alone to immediately carry on appointments, etc. And then the poor
divorce settlement.

Both her and Andrew are to blame for how things turned out.

BUT WHY OH WHY CAN SHE NOT JUST STOP GIVING INTERVIEWS AND
JUST GET ON WITH A LIFE OF HER OWN.

She has worn us out and used up all our sympathy.

Duchessmary 06-05-2011 12:23 AM

You must remember that when Sarah made a fool of herself with John Bryan, she was a "separated" woman. I will agree that she made a mistake being photographed. It's one thing to be separated from your husband, quite another to have ridiculous pictures splashed everywhere. If you must carry on an affair, do so quietly and with discretion. You have to remember Diana did the same, only she kept it under wraps. :whistling:

Princess of Durham 06-05-2011 12:53 AM

The thing is, Sarah wants to be a part of a group/society to which she really does not belong. She somehow manages to keep appearing at various events as though she is some sort of "special person" and she is not. She is merely the ex-wife of the Duke of York and the Mother of Beatrice and Eugenie and that does NOT qualify her as a special person in society. She loves the press attention, I suspect she truly feels she is nothing without it. Her girls are adults and yet she still manages to hold their hands in public as if they were children and in this case she is the child. I don't see her letting go of them easily because if she did she wouldn't get the press that goes along with them. I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean that she consciously does this but there is no doubt that when she is with them she manages to get attention. The longer this goes on the more pathetic she appears. I'm sure she has enough money to live quite well IF she didn't feel entitled to a very, very extravagrant lifestyle. She is really appearing very desparate.

kakieanne 06-05-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess of Durham (Post 1262551)
The thing is, Sarah wants to be a part of a group/society to which she really does not belong. She somehow manages to keep appearing at various events as though she is some sort of "special person" and she is not. She is merely the ex-wife of the Duke of York and the Mother of Beatrice and Eugenie and that does NOT qualify her as a special person in society. She loves the press attention, I suspect she truly feels she is nothing without it. Her girls are adults and yet she still manages to hold their hands in public as if they were children and in this case she is the child. I don't see her letting go of them easily because if she did she wouldn't get the press that goes along with them. I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean that she consciously does this but there is no doubt that when she is with them she manages to get attention. The longer this goes on the more pathetic she appears. I'm sure she has enough money to live quite well IF she didn't feel entitled to a very, very extravagrant lifestyle. She is really appearing very desparate.

Well said.

Tsaritsa 06-05-2011 06:42 AM

Try reading up histrionic personality disorder. Whilst I'm not saying it definately fits, I am saying it possibly could.

RubyPrincess168 06-05-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FergieFan (Post 1262238)

None of this helps her. It only exagerates her problems/issues. I almost wish she would retire to a convent like royals used to do.

Kataryn 06-05-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 (Post 1262664)
None of this helps her. It only exagerates her problems/issues. I almost wish she would retire to a convent like royals used to do.

Sarah is obviously not able to realise that it has been herself who has destroyed her chances at living a fulfilling and dignifiedlife. She probably thinks today on being down that life as a Royal wife was so much more better and wishes to be back there - musing about the Royal Wedding that once she was the celebrated bride but not understanding it was doing why she is not longer Royal and not longer respected.

Sarah was not cut for Royal life back then and she isn't now. Not at all. She believes in some sort of childhood dream of a princess who can do whatever she wants without any responsibility and without having to pay a price for her doings. Wrong, Sarah!!

Princess of Durham 06-05-2011 03:06 PM

And isn't this another one with another "twist"?

Sarah Ferguson: 'No wonder no-one loves me. I am disgusting' - Telegraph