The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Christenings of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/christenings-of-victoria-carl-philip-and-madeleine-312.html)

Josefine 05-03-2003 03:05 PM

9 Attachment(s)
picture from www.ibl.se

Victorias Christening

this is from ritvas page

here you can find the Christening of Victoria

also from victorias Christening

Josefine 05-03-2003 03:06 PM

10 Attachment(s)
picture from www.ibl.se

Carl Philip Christening

this is from ritvas page

this is from Carl Philips Christening

Josefine 08-05-2003 04:53 AM

6 Attachment(s)
madeleins christening

and madeleines Christening

one more from the event

Josefine 10-21-2004 06:46 AM

video of Victorias christning
http://www.svt.se/silverbrollop/film...filnamn=vicdop

video of carl philip christning
http://www.svt.se/silverbrollop/film2.asp?filnamn=cpdop

video of madeleines christning
http://www.svt.se/silverbrollop/film...filnamn=maddop

robby86 10-21-2004 10:43 AM

I know I said this in another thread, but since this is the thread of the christenings I will say it again.
I noticed that CP Victoria was the only one that didn't cry. The future Queen, although not at that time, keeping herself composed in public. ;)

Josefine 03-24-2005 05:03 AM

i love the little throne victoria is sitting on at her brothers christning

how grand were the Christenings
was Carl Philip much grander becouse he was the Crown Prince at the time
Who are the godparents for each one of them?

who are there god mothers and fathers no again

Madame Butterfly 04-30-2005 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine

Lovely, little girl!

Josefine 08-13-2005 04:39 AM

is there any guest lists

igilmo 08-13-2005 05:53 AM

Really nice photos!!
Any idea of who are the godparents for each of the children??
Thanks a lot

Yennie 08-13-2005 06:51 AM

Victorias godparents:
princess Desiree, King Harald of Norway, Ralf Sommerlath and queen Beatrix of Holland

Carl Philips godparents:
prince Bertil, queen Margrethe of Denmark, princess Birgitta, and prince Leopold of Bavaria

Madeleines godparents:
princess Benedikte of Denmark, prince Andreas of Sachsen Coburg-Gotha, princess Christina and Walther Sommerlath

princess olga 08-16-2005 04:11 AM

wow it's been a while since I've seen pictures of a younger CG and queen Silvia, and one can't help but think of how much for example Madeleine takes after her mother! As does Carl Philip after his father. Victoria on the other hand, shows a strong resemblence with the older lady with the glasses, is that princess Desiree, and is she the sister of cG?

Yennie 08-16-2005 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess olga
wow it's been a while since I've seen pictures of a younger CG and queen Silvia, and one can't help but think of how much for example Madeleine takes after her mother! As does Carl Philip after his father. Victoria on the other hand, shows a strong resemblence with the older lady with the glasses, is that princess Desiree, and is she the sister of cG?

If you meant this lady: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...achmentid=5173
thats Victorias grandmother Alice Sommerlath, Silvias mother

Josefine 03-09-2006 03:02 AM

would you say carl gustaf had gala uniform at all the christning
he did wear orders at all three

haga 07-13-2009 02:49 PM

I have one question. Why would Victoria have been born in a hospital (Karolinska) and Carl Philip & Madeleine born a separte palaces? (Stockholm Royal Castle & Drottningholm). If anyone is willing to answer my question it would be thankful.

Angelica 08-14-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haga (Post 965911)
I have one question. Why would Victoria have been born in a hospital (Karolinska) and Carl Philip & Madeleine born a separte palaces? (Stockholm Royal Castle & Drottningholm). If anyone is willing to answer my question it would be thankful.

I guess that due to Victoria being the first child of King Carl Gustaf and Silvia, it was probably necessary to avoid any complications at her birth. The first pregnancy of a woman is always the most difficult, I guess because it is the first time and neither the doctor nor the mother know how the pregnant's body will react!

Maybe she had a difficult pregnancy too! We don't know that of course. If the doctors judge that the baby has to be born in the hospital, you do exactly what they say!

haga 08-19-2009 11:13 PM

Wow, never even expected a reply. I wouldn't know either, I just didn't think you know that in this day and age, or then in the 1980s women delivered children at home. I was curious. Nothing wrong with having babies at home at all though, to each is own completely. I haven't had children yet so I probably say you might be right. Than you for answering my question though.

Soli Deo Gloria 08-21-2009 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haga (Post 965911)

Both Carl Philip and Madeleine are born "at home".... and when CP was born the royal family was living in the Stockholm royal palace, and when M was born they had moved to Drottningholm, just outside Stocholm... so thats the reason they was born in separate places...

And the I guess as a Queen you can have ALL that you want when it comes to medical care, even if you chose to give birth to your child at home.... (and less reporters from the press :smile:)

haga 08-26-2009 12:26 AM

True, I thought that could be a reason since the first time she wore a wig when going to the hospital. Less of the hassel I guess. Thanks

Odette 08-26-2009 05:06 PM

I believe I had read that the Queen had a difficult time when she delivered Victoria and at the time there were rumours that he may not have been able to have another child.
I suppose with Carl Philip, even after falling on an icy surface at Drottninholm her doctors did not have any reservations about her delivering the baby in the Palace.
Still she always looked so lovely and the photos on this thread are so beautiful..

Angelica 08-26-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 984492)
I believe I had read that the Queen had a difficult time when she delivered Victoria and at the time there were rumours that he may not have been able to have another child.
I suppose with Carl Philip, even after falling on an icy surface at Drottninholm her doctors did not have any reservations about her delivering the baby in the Palace.
Still she always looked so lovely and the photos on this thread are so beautiful..

Oh I didn't know anything about that!

I am glad everything went according to plan for Silvia as well as Victoria and Carl-Philip! Did she really fall while she was pregnant with her son? Does anyone now anything more about that?