The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Least Favorite Royal Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/least-favorite-royal-family-31187.html)

IloveCP 05-27-2011 01:52 AM

Least Favorite Royal Family

Ive been wondering what the members least favorite royal family and why.

The only one I have is the British,there are just too many reasons why.

PS,This thread is not to be taken seriously and not to cause fights or anthing else related to that.;)

ravenprincess 05-28-2011 10:37 PM

I would have to say my least favorite is the Japanese Royal Family. It could very well be my wester views that taint my appreciation for them. The rigidity within the Imperial Household is something I've never seen before. I often wonder what Empress Michiko and Princess Masako have given up to join the family. I think it's a prime example of everything that glitters isn't gold

Moonmaiden23 05-28-2011 11:23 PM

I'd have to say the Savoys of Italy. They seem to take great glee in dragging their magnificent and noble name down to the lowest low they can find.:bang:

Queen Penelope 05-28-2011 11:44 PM

The Greeks. Don't know why, but it bothers me that their former country doesn't recognize them as their royal family, but they are still styled as "of Greece and Denmark"...dudes, drop the Greece!! You'll always have Denmark!! LOL

Oh, and M-C bugs me.

MARG 05-29-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenprincess (Post 1259324)
I would have to say my least favourite is the Japanese Royal Family. It could very well be my wester views that taint my appreciation for them. The rigidity within the Imperial Household is something I've never seen before. I often wonder what Empress Michiko and Princess Masako have given up to join the family. I think it's a prime example of everything that glitters isn't gold

I am with you on that one. Haven't both Empress Michiko and Princess Masako suffered "nervous" breakdown's?

Honestly, what a waste of a wonderfully well educated diplomat in Masako. Ugh! While the rest of Japan hurtles into the third Millennium, the IHA hurtle back to the first.

Moonmaiden23 05-29-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Penelope (Post 1259337)
The Greeks. Don't know why, but it bothers me that their former country doesn't recognize them as their royal family, but they are still styled as "of Greece and Denmark"...dudes, drop the Greece!! You'll always have Denmark!! LOL

Oh, and M-C bugs me.

What I find rather revealing about the GRF is the manner in which they seem to go about proving that they are still Royal and relevant.

Take Pavlos and MC's rather over-the-top 1995 nuptials...where you had the fact that it had the BIGGEST ROYAL TURNOUT since the Queen's coronation brought up over and over again, ad nauseum.:bang:

In all fairness, that might not have been so much the GRF's idea as it was a case of overcompensation by the nouveau riche Millers.;)

Each of the couple's five children has a plethora of ROYAL godparents mostly, as well.

What's the point of all this Royal overkill with them??

kelly1994 05-29-2011 01:04 AM

Could just be the American in me but I do not like the British Royal family. I guess I would have more respect for them if they didn't party so much and if the media didn't act like they were the only royal family EVER! That really annoys me.

Moonmaiden23 05-29-2011 01:24 AM

kelly1994 it bugs me as well that the American media act as if the Brits are the only royalty in the world...but I can't really blame the BRF for that.

kelly1994 05-29-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1259356)
kelly1994 it bugs me as well that the American media act as if the Brits are the only royalty in the world...but I can't really blame the BRF for that.

I guess it isn't their fault but they don't help it any. If I have to see ONE MORE internet ad about that stupid Kate Middleton doll or whatever I'm going to scream. Kate Middleton hasn't done anything to me but I'm getting sick of hearing about her already. She hasn't done anything important!!!!!!!!!

Moonmaiden23 05-29-2011 01:46 AM

Oh, I completely agree. How many commemorative Kate bridal dolls and Pippa "style" websites is enough??!:bang:

The wedding was great, the bride was gorgeous...now let's move on PLEASE!

Iluvbertie 05-29-2011 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1994 (Post 1259359)
I guess it isn't their fault but they don't help it any. If I have to see ONE MORE internet ad about that stupid Kate Middleton doll or whatever I'm going to scream. Kate Middleton hasn't done anything to me but I'm getting sick of hearing about her already. She hasn't done anything important!!!!!!!!!

I would say that she has done something important - she has married the second in line to the British throne. Her DNA will be passed down through future generations of the British Royal Family.

American Dane 05-29-2011 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1259348)
What I find rather revealing about the GRF is the manner in which they seem to go about proving that they are still Royal and relevant.

Take Pavlos and MC's rather over-the-top 1995 nuptials...where you had the fact that it had the BIGGEST ROYAL TURNOUT since the Queen's coronation brought up over and over again, ad nauseum.:bang:

In all fairness, that might not have been so much the GRF's idea as it was a case of overcompensation by the nouveau riche Millers.;)

Each of the couple's five children has a plethora of ROYAL godparents mostly, as well.

What's the point of all this Royal overkill with them??

Yes! :previous: this

XeniaCasaraghi 05-29-2011 04:31 AM

As an American I also hate how this country acts like England is the only country that still has royalty, especially when there are much classier and sophisticated royals on the continent. I do like Kate Middleton and I did watch her wedding, but this country needs to pay more attention to Norway, Denmark and Co.

kelly1994 05-29-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1259367)
I would say that she has done something important - she has married the second in line to the British throne. Her DNA will be passed down through future generations of the British Royal Family.

I know but has she done anything else important? For example Lalla Salma of Morroco does a lot of work with cancer prevention in her country and HIV/AIDS prevention in all of Africa. Princess Alia Tabba of Jordan is President of the Cerebal Palsy Foundation and President of the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation. Kate Middleton hasn't done anything of that, all she did was marry lucky and people spend all their time talking about her fashion????? I'm not not saying she won't do any of that in the futute but she hasn't yet and people go on and on talking about her like she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now when time passes and does do work for HIV/AIDS prevention or autism or something then everybody can talk about her to his/her hearts delight but until then she hasn't done anything to deserve the amount of publicity she gets IMO.

Iva 05-29-2011 09:42 AM

I've three and can't choose which one is the least favorite. So it's a tie between Britain, Monaco & Savoy. British it's mostly their sense of entitllment and self importance which rubs me the wrong way. Monaco is just one big circus, no wonder they like clowns and artist so much. Savoy, well they are just making fools of themselfs, both sites of the family which are fighting about non-existent monarchy.

Lumutqueen 05-29-2011 09:49 AM

You cannot really blame the BRF for the way the American media portrays the royal family. If they choose to ignore other European families, then that has nothing to do with the BRF.

Fürstin Taxis 05-29-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iva (Post 1259520)
I've three and can't choose which one is the least favorite. So it's a tie between Britain, Monaco & Savoy. British it's mostly their sense of entitllment and self importance which rubs me the wrong way. Monaco is just one big circus, no wonder they like clowns and artist so much. Savoy, well they are just making fools of themselfs, both sites of the family which are fighting about non-existent monarchy.

ITA! I really dislike how the BRF treat other Royals.
Monaco is not really my cup of tea. I bet in Graces and Rainiers days it was great. But now?
Ah, the Savoys. Tacky.
I donīt like the Saudi Royal family. How they squeeze out the country as if itīs a groceteria. I can just warm up with some princesses.

Iva I guess this is not your Royal Watcher year with the two weddings in London and Monte-Carlo :biggrin:

Iva 05-29-2011 01:37 PM

:previous: No it isn't, but it could have been worse. I'm actually looking forward to the circus in Monaco, it should be fun. :biggrin:

nascarlucy 05-29-2011 01:52 PM

I don't really dislike any royal family in particular. Some I don't have much interest in.

Lenora 05-29-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iva (Post 1259520)

I could not say I totally dislike any specific royal family but I agree with some of your statements.For example ,Monaco's princely sometimes did the actions that resembled to a cheap circus.An unique example of dignity was represented in the person of Grace Kelly,Princess of Monaco ,but I admit the others also tried to do their best by supporting charitable and other organizations and specific activities.I hope Charlene will carry well her role,as well as the members of younger generation.
At the contrary,British royals are my favourites,but sometimes it seems snobby.As example there was a lot of articles of future Duchess of Cambrige 's commoner origin before the marriage,it really got on nerves