The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f267/)
-   -   Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f267/catherine-middletons-wedding-tiara-30864.html)

wbenson 04-28-2011 08:58 PM

Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara
 
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...ne-Pre-250.png

Welcome to the thread to discuss Catherine Middleton's wedding tiara.

This thread will be opened once Catherine emerges from the Goring Hotel. Until then, please see the Catherine Middleton Wedding Tiara suggestions and musings thread.

Thank you!

Warren, Wbenson, & Zonk
British Forums Moderators



PrincessKaimi 04-29-2011 05:54 AM

So which one is it???

petiteroyale 04-29-2011 05:55 AM

it's not a huge tiara. it seems thin! IM DYING WITH EXCITEMENT to find out what it is!!!

Ascella 04-29-2011 05:56 AM

I am listening to the French TV, I think they mentioned The Scroll Tiara, not sure that I heard correct though.

Duchessmary 04-29-2011 05:57 AM

I can't tell yet! :cool:

PrincePatrick 04-29-2011 05:57 AM

New tiara??

petiteroyale 04-29-2011 05:58 AM

it peaks in the middle!

Ascella 04-29-2011 05:58 AM

Maybe the were justing loose chatting about different tiaras... (regarding my previous post)

jen121419 04-29-2011 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascella (Post 1242794)
I am listening to the French TV, I think they mentioned The Scroll Tiara, not sure that I heard correct though.

That is what I heard - The Queen Mum's Scroll Tiara.

MRSJ 04-29-2011 05:59 AM

It's being said it's the lovers knot-

Ascella 04-29-2011 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen121419 (Post 1242826)
That is what I heard - The Queen Mum's Scroll Tiara.

It sounds consistent with the fact that it peaks in the middle, just some minutes to go to get a clear picture.

nielgq 04-29-2011 06:01 AM

It does look like the cambridge lover's knot tiara

==============

edit: looking at a closeup, it is the queen mum's scroll tiara

wbenson 04-29-2011 06:01 AM

The Wedding Dress, Bridesmaids' Dresses and Page' Uniforms

The veil is held in place by a Cartier ‘halo’ tiara, lent to Miss Middleton by The Queen. The ‘halo’ tiara was made by Cartier in 1936 and was purchased by The Duke of York (later King George VI) for his Duchess (later Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother) three weeks before he succeeded his brother as King. The tiara was presented to Princess Elizabeth (now The Queen) by her mother on the occasion of her 18th birthday.

Duchessmary 04-29-2011 06:02 AM

The scroll!! GORGEOUS!!

PrincessofEurope 04-29-2011 06:02 AM

Halo by Cartier with simple diamond earrings

petiteroyale 04-29-2011 06:03 AM

it IS the scroll tiara!!!!!!
http://i53.tinypic.com/33wmrsm.png

MRSJ 04-29-2011 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson
The Wedding Dress, Bridesmaids' Dresses and Page' Uniforms

The veil is held in place by a Cartier ‘halo’ tiara, lent to Miss Middleton by The Queen. The ‘halo’ tiara was made by Cartier in 1936 and was purchased by The Duke of York (later King George VI) for his Duchess (later Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother) three weeks before he succeeded his brother as King. The tiara was presented to Princess Elizabeth (now The Queen) by her mother on the occasion of her 18th birthday.

No one mentioned this that I remember as a choice wow

texankitcat 04-29-2011 06:13 AM

Yep! I recognised it as soon as they had a close up!

Conorius 04-29-2011 06:14 AM

Some news channels are saying its the halo tiara and others are saying its the scroll tiara!!!

I think its the scroll though! Need to see it without the veil over it. She looks stunning!

MRSJ 04-29-2011 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conorius
Some news channels are saying its the halo tiara and others are saying its the scroll tiara!!!

I think its the scroll though! Need to see it without the veil over it. She looks stunning!

Officials saidHalo, I believe


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises