The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/duchess-of-cambridge-jewellery-1-april-december-2011-a-30850.html)

Warren 04-28-2011 08:37 AM

Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011

:royalstandard:

Now that she has entered the Royal world as a royal Duchess and a Royal Highness, we will be expecting big things on the jewellery front from the former Ms Middleton.

It may take a while before we see the results, but let's hope that HM allows her a few minutes to rummage through those fabled and mysterious vaults.

The previous Catherine Middleton Jewellery thread can be found here.

:orb:

PrincessofEurope 04-29-2011 06:35 AM

The diamond wedding earrings are a gift from her parents - they look lovely and delicate

la_noblesse 04-29-2011 07:17 AM

I wanted to know about these stunning earrings, too. They match the tiara impeccably, what a wonderful choice!

LadyK 04-29-2011 07:42 AM

Visit the Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara thread for all the information about the new princess's gorgeous wedding tiara!

ayvee 04-29-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope (Post 1243119)
The diamond wedding earrings are a gift from her parents - they look lovely and delicate

From this link: Royal Wedding 2011: Kate Middleton marries Prince William in dress designed by McQueen¿s Sarah Burton | Mail Online

The natural look was offset by pear-shaped diamond earrings designed by Robinson Pelham and inspired by the Middleton's new coat of arms.

From this link: Kate Middleton dress | Sarah Burton | Alexander McQueen | Gossip Cop

The bride’s earrings, made by Robinson Pelham, are diamond-set stylized oak leaves with a pear-shaped diamond set drop and a pavé set diamond acorn suspended in the center.
The idea for the earrings came from the Middleton family’s new coat of arms, which includes acorns and oak leaves.
The earrings were a gift to the bride from her parents for the Royal Wedding.

Robinson Pelham: Robinson Pelham

ayvee 04-29-2011 12:06 PM

Catherine's wedding earrings:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...20_306x423.jpg

cdm 04-29-2011 12:35 PM

Her wedding and engagement ring together
http://www.gettyimages.be/detail/113272338

Princejohnny25 04-29-2011 12:45 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge's Jewels !~ How Lovely. The tiara was made for Kate, it never looked too good on the Queen Mum and Margaret and Anne wore it ok, but it fit just right on the Duchess. Her earrings are lovely too, nice gift from the parents. Can't wait to watch this thread grow

EmpressRouge 04-29-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayvee (Post 1244203)

I see, they're acorns like on her coat of arms.

muriel 04-29-2011 01:15 PM

The earrings were lovely, and I am sure Catherine will use them a fair amount, at least in the early years.

QUEENECE29 04-29-2011 01:16 PM

Amazing earrings. Catherine's very convenient and very graceful style of the royal wedding crown.

countess felicitas 04-30-2011 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a nice picture of Catherine with tiara and earrings

I agree - I would assume to see the scroll more often on her now, as the earrings have been made to fit. I am delighted, as the scroll tiara is such a nice arte deco piece.

.... and BTW - will be interesting to see his wedding gift to her. Although I do not expect to see anything soon - she seems not to be the jewelry type of a girl.....

v wedding pic and inset courtesy of Benita Lee at RJOTWMB
image cropped from a larger photograph

bertie5252003 04-30-2011 02:29 PM

Just beautiful the whole presentation was just stunning anf all the jewelry was totally stunning

Diarist 04-30-2011 03:58 PM

Interesting to see what Tiara the Queen gives Catherine; [as opposed to which pieces Her Majesty loans out....] Traditionally, the Queen gives a Tiara to her daughters in law [either from the Royal Collection] or she buys one [as she did for Sarah] and altahough Catherine is the daugher in law of her grandson, I am sure Her Maj will want to do something similar for her...

This will sound very mercenary [it's not meant to] but Arab crowned heads have a tradition of being very, very generous with gifts of beautiful jewellery - some strikingly modern but very tasteful and I am sure that there have been some exquisite pieces given to Catherine...

Alex

GillW 04-30-2011 06:52 PM

:previous:
....Daughter-in-law of her SON not grandson (Wife of her Grandson)

sirhon11234 04-30-2011 08:10 PM

She looks amazing in diamonds I hope she has a jewellery collection that match's her taste.

RubyPrincess168 04-30-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diarist (Post 1245909)
This will sound very mercenary [it's not meant to] but Arab crowned heads have a tradition of being very, very generous with gifts of beautiful jewellery - some strikingly modern but very tasteful and I am sure that there have been some exquisite pieces given to Catherine...

Will we ever see or hear what gifts were given, aside from money to their charities?

bunnymegz 04-30-2011 11:14 PM

I do love the earings she was given by her mother and father on the wedding day.

Princejohnny25 04-30-2011 11:33 PM

Does anyone know if they will publicly announce the wedding gifts, mainly jewels?

rubies 05-01-2011 07:15 AM

Really special wedding earrings, I love that her parents did that for her, they are perfect. I too hope she got some lovely wedding gifts of jewelry, or that the Duke gives her some more of Diana's pieces!