The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Royal Family of Romania (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f260/)
-   -   King Michael's Younger Daughters: Elena, Irina, Sofia & Maria (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f260/king-michaels-younger-daughters-elena-irina-sofia-and-maria-30774.html)

Cory 04-24-2011 12:12 PM

King Michael's Younger Daughters: Elena, Irina, Sofia & Maria

Wonderful photos made by the fourth daughter of the King:

Sophie's Photography: The Walled City Of Concarneau or Konk Kerne

Cory 04-24-2011 12:14 PM

Nice photo of Princess Elena and her husband:

HRH Princess Helena of Romania: Birthday Anniversary (via Diana Mandache’s Weblog) - Ziarul toateBlogurile.ro

Princess Irina of Romania

The fifth daughter of the King is the only one who lost her rights of succession to the British Trone because she married (now she is divorced) a catholic.She is the less known member of the Romanian Royal Family.

Warren 04-25-2011 08:25 AM

All posts relating to an alleged and unsubstantiated "secret" daughter of Princess Maria have been and will continue to be removed.

Warren
TRF Administrator

Kasumi 04-25-2011 08:48 AM

HRH the Princess Maria of Romania weds Casimir Mystkowski in NYC in 1995 - photo from Hola!

HRH the Princess Elena of Romania - credits Caras

HRH the Princess Irina of Romania weds John Kreuger in 1983 - photo from Evri.com

Cory 04-25-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasumi (Post 1238319)

Unfortunately the marriage ended in divorce.

Cory 04-25-2011 08:57 AM

Princess Elena seems to be very happy in her second marriage.

Her marriage was not seen with good eyes by the Royal Family but the marriage ended in divorce and the daughter of Princess Sofia is in the line of succession to the Throne.

Cory 04-25-2011 08:59 AM

Even this royal marriage ended in divorce.Now Princess Irina is a grandmother and lives with her second husband.
The marriage of Angelica (Princess Irina's daughter) with Richard Knight was a very american marriage. She is the mother of little Courtney Bianca.

Kasumi 04-25-2011 09:02 AM

HRH the Princess Sofia of Romania: A Princess and an artist - Artistwebsites.com

Cory 05-05-2011 05:34 PM

Photos made by Princess Sofia at the beginning of this month:

Sophie's Photography: Au Château de Tronjoly

Cory 05-08-2011 09:33 AM

HRH The Princess Sophie of Romania and her Deep Love for Photography « Diana Mandache's Weblog

Warren 05-10-2011 07:42 AM

Members may be interested to know the origin of the photographs of the hitherto-unknown and secret "Princess Jenna of Romania" posted by a very determined member. The photos of the "princess" are in fact promo shots of actress Imogen Bailey from the long-running Australian soapie 'Neighbours'. The Network 10 logo which appeared on some of the pictures had been partly coloured over.

The real mystery is why anyone would bother creating a ficticious princess using photos of a soapie actress and arguing vehemently that she was real.

Warren

TRF Administrator

CSENYC 05-27-2011 11:03 PM

I see that her second marriage was at the Heart of Reno Wedding Chapel in Reno, Nevada?

"Irina married secondly to John Wesley Walker (b. December 30, 1945 at Douglas, Missouri) on November 10, 2007 at the Heart of Reno Chapel, Reno, Nevada."

http://www.fm3d.com/heartofreno/pics/limo.jpg

This seems like a non-typical place for bluebloods. What happened to cause this?

Cory 05-28-2011 05:14 PM

Princess Ireni can choose I suppose where to marry herself.

principessa 06-27-2011 01:21 PM

Are there any current pictures of the five sisters together? Perhaps with family?

Cory 06-28-2011 04:03 AM

I suppose there is such a photo made some years ago in Bucharest.But in the last 13 years I don't suppose the five Princesses met all in the same circumstance.

Benjamin 09-22-2011 04:12 PM

Article about Princess Sophie and an exhibition she participated in over the summer - Exposition : une princesse roumaine au château de Tronjoly , Gourin 07/06/2011 - ouest-france.fr

Cory 09-22-2011 05:05 PM

HRH Princess Sofia (Sophie) is a real artist.She had a difficult private life but now she lives happier with her 12 years old daughter in France.

Lenora 09-22-2011 05:14 PM

As I've understood all of king's daughters live in different places,don't they?
Do all of them speak Romanian?

Cory 09-22-2011 05:19 PM

HRH Crown Princess Margareta lives in Romania, HRH Princess Elena (Helen) lives in England but comes quite often to Romania ( her son, Prince Nicholas, is very present in Romania in the last two years) , HRH Princess Irina (Irene) lives in the USA and visits rarely Romania, HRH Princess Sofia (Sophie) lives in France and in the last years was not very present in Romania, HRH Princess Maria (Mary) lives in the USA and visits very rarely Romania.All the Princesses speak Romanian but Crown Princess Margareta speaks Romanian very well while the other four Princess speak a little bit of Romanian.

CSENYC 09-22-2011 07:37 PM

Do you know where in the USA Princess Irina and Princess Maria live?

Cory 09-23-2011 08:43 AM

HRH Princess Irina lives in a farm I suppose in Nevada or Arizona.HRH Princess Maria lived in New York.They want their privacy to be respected because they do not have public roles.

Cory 10-25-2011 07:37 AM

HRh Princess Elena with her husband and children, HRH Princess Irina with her second husband, HRh Princess Maria are all in Bucharest for the Jubilee of HM King Mihai I.

Cory 10-29-2011 06:05 PM

Happy Birtday to HRh Princess Sofia:

Ziua de nastere a ASR Principesa Sofia a Romaniei | Diana Mandache: Jurnal de Istoric

ASR Principesa Sofia a Romaniei si marea sa dragoste pentru Fotografie | Diana Mandache: Jurnal de Istoric

Fürstin Taxis 10-30-2011 09:59 AM

Happy Birthday!

http://i.imgur.com/7UG50.jpg
Is that Elena?

Cory 10-30-2011 01:05 PM

That is Princess Marie.

Fürstin Taxis 10-30-2011 08:40 PM

^ Thank you!
I begin to be very interested in the RRF.

MarleneKoenig 11-02-2011 01:01 PM

Actually, Irina does not live in Nevada or Arizona, and Marie does not live in NY.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory (Post 1319349)
HRH Princess Irina lives in a farm I suppose in Nevada or Arizona.HRH Princess Maria lived in New York.They want their privacy to be respected because they do not have public roles.

Cory 11-08-2011 06:26 PM

Example of the beautiful art of Princess Sofia:

Evening Grasses Photograph by Sophie De Roumanie - Evening Grasses Fine Art Prints and Posters for Sale

Cory 12-09-2011 06:30 PM

Princess Maria will go from Santa Fè (USA) to Savarsin Castle (Romania) to celebrate Christmas with the rest of the Royal Family.

principessa 02-03-2012 04:53 AM

Princess Irina of Romania will become grandmother in March 2012. Her son, Michael Kreuger and his wife (who got married in February 2011) are expecting their first child in March 2012.

Source:
For the pregnancy: Nobiliana BAG 2012 by Seth
For the marriage: Nobiliana MAG 2012 by Seth

Cory 02-03-2012 06:10 AM

When did he marry?

MAfan 02-03-2012 06:07 PM

He got married to Tara M. Littlefield on 26 February 2011.

Cory 02-07-2012 01:42 AM

Any photos of the event?The Royal Family did not say a word about it.

Cory 02-08-2012 07:14 PM

Photos of Michael Kreuger de Roumanie, Princess Irina's son:

To Michael; From Tara: Pre-Wedding Engagement Photography; Five Pines Lodge Sisters, OR | Wedding Photographers Based in Bend Oregon - Byron Roe Photography Blog

DINASTÍAS | Los Foros de la Realeza • Ver Tema - BODA DE MICHAEL KREUGER NIETO DEL REY DE RUMANÍA

Biri 03-31-2012 08:37 AM

Beautifou photos!
Was their baby already born?

Cory 06-01-2012 09:55 AM

I understood Michael Kreuger de Roumanie and his wife Tara had a boy born at the Kadlec Regional Medical Center, Richland, Washington, USA on March 22nd, 2012. Who knows the name of this child?

izabela84 06-01-2012 04:24 PM

his name is Kohen

Source:Nobiliana BAG2012

Cory 06-01-2012 06:25 PM

It is not known if Kohen Kreuger de Roumanie will be in the line of Succession to The Romanian Throne after his own father.

Cory 06-20-2012 04:29 AM

The paintings of HRH Princess Sofia (Sophie) could be admired at the Castle of Tronjoly (France) between the 1st of July until the 29th of August:

Noblesse & Royautés » Exposition de Sophie de Roumanie

Benjamin 07-06-2012 08:00 PM

Royal visitor for sixth form college
28 June 2012

A college received a royal visitor yesterday ahead of a charity visit to Eastern Europe.

Princess Helen of Romania, who now lives with her English husband near Durham, visited Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College, in Darlington, after hearing about plans by students to travel to her homeland to build community housing.

The group of 18 students and two teachers will travel to Brasov, in the Transylvania region of Romania, next month to build housing for some of the country’s poorest people.

Full article: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new..._form_college/

susan walton 09-30-2012 03:25 PM

Queen of my family...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory (Post 1237651)

I have met Princess Irina and her daughter, very nice ladies.

Cory 05-19-2013 05:47 AM

It is rather interesting HRH Princess Elena, even if second in the Line of Succession, is less present at public events in Romania than her son and her daughter.

Lenora 08-16-2013 05:58 AM

Romanian princess, Oregon husband arrested in bust of suspected two-state cockfighting ring | OregonLive.com

Lady Daly 08-16-2013 03:26 PM

Unfortunately, bad news for Princess Irina. I live just outside Portland, Oregon and had no idea there were any Royals amongst us. Apparently Princess Irina and her husband own a ranch in Irrigon, OR which is about 175 miles east of Portland on the Columbia River. Who woulda thought??

Romanian princess among 18 rounded up in alleged Oregon cockfighting ring - U.S. News

John Wesley Walker and Irina Walker, the third daughter of Romania's King Michael I, staged at least 10 cockfighting derbies at their ranch near Irrigon between April 1, 2012, and last May 19, government prosecutors allege.

The accused cockfight hosts, with a supporting cast of 16 other suspects in Oregon and at least 10 in Washington, were charged in a conspiracy to violate the federal Animal Welfare Act.

Warren 08-16-2013 06:58 PM

Princess Irina beyond the pale...

1 Attachment(s)
and more, courtsey of Janet H

Romanian princess, Oregon husband arrested in bust of suspected two-state cockfighting ring | OregonLive.com

Romanian princess, Oregon husband arrested in bust of suspected two-state cockfighting ring

excerpt
The indictment alleges that the derbies featured dozens of cockfights in a ring, much like a fight card in a night of boxing. But the combatants were roosters, each with knives, gaffs or other cutting instruments attached to their legs, fighting to their deaths in a blood sport now outlawed in all 50 states.

The "fairly large-scale cockfighting venture" also supported illegal gambling.
A referee supervised the fights as concessionaires sold beer and food, and those managing the action took a 10 percent "house" cut, prosecutors allege.

John and Irina Walker -- along with Irrigon neighbors and Hermiston friends -- were charged with operating an illegal gambling business and unlawful animal fighting ventures at the Walkers' Morrow County ranch.Each of the charges carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Romanian Princess Ran a Cockfighting Ring in Oregon - Allie Jones - The Atlantic Wire

Romanian Princess Ran a Cockfighting Ring in Oregon

excerpt
Irina Walker, Princess of Romania, is allegedly a fan and facilitator of cockfighting. Walker and her husband have been living on a farm in Oregon, where they were indicted Thursday after an illegal cockfighting ring was discovered at their home. The Oregonian reports that the Walkers hosted at least ten derbies where trained roosters fought to the death with knives, gaffs, and other instruments attached to their legs.

v Princess Irina mugshot
courtesy of Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.

Dman 08-16-2013 07:00 PM

Saw the news on CNN earlier this morning.

Alexey 1904 08-16-2013 07:04 PM

Alexey 1904

I am surprised Prince Radu hasn't commented on this and King Michael has.:whistling::whistling:

Warren 08-16-2013 07:16 PM

What's there to say?
Disgraceful, appalling, despicable, vile...

Lady Daly 08-16-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 1589305)
What's there to say?

Well put, Warren.

CSENYC 08-16-2013 07:49 PM

I think that this answers the common question:

Q: When does a member of a non-reigning house cease being royalty?
A: When the person gets arrested for cockfighting.

Is Irina estranged from the rest of the Royal Family? Did something happen to make her run off and live this kind of life?

She's a Hohenzollern and about as blue-blood as they come, but she moved to a different continent, married someone who doesn't come across too well (at least in news reports) in a wedding chapel in Las Vegas and runs cockfights? Seriously?

nascarlucy 08-16-2013 09:07 PM

When I first read this article, I was surprised and read it again to make sure that what I read was correct. Very sad to say the least. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in the court system. Even though she is a Princess, I don't think people are going to have much sympathy for her as this involved harming animals.

CSENYC 08-16-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nascarlucy (Post 1589348)
Even though she is a Princess, I don't think people are going to have much sympathy for her as this involved harming animals.

Agreed. King Michael's statement made it sound as if he'll be fine with whatever justice is served, too.

Separately, what was Irina's first husband like?

Being a blue blood, I'm just surprised that she married someone blue collar. King Michael sure didn't- the Queen is from a noble background.

nascarlucy 08-16-2013 10:14 PM

This is an account from the Business Insider:

Two years ago, Irina Walker, daughter of the last king of Romania, celebrated her father's 90th birthday with other European royalty.
Now, she faces charges for allegedly hosting cockfighting derbies at her Oregon ranch, Steven Dubois of the Associated Press reports.

Federal agents arrested Walker, aka Kreuger, and 17 others, including her husband John, a former sheriff's deputy, on Thursday.

The unsealed indictments show the duo charged with hosting cockfighting derbies and illegal gambling at their Irrigon, Oregon ranch, according to the AP.

The indictment also said blades were attached to rooster s's legs, and the events, bringing in almost $2,000 a day, often sold food and drink.

"She kind of turned hippie," Angelica Kreuger, Irina's daughter, told the AP. "From when we were growing up to when she moved to Hermiston, she just kind of did the whole free-spirit thing. She just wanted to wake up in the morning and tend to her goats and mess with her horses."

Angelica said her mother became estranged from the family, and the two haven't spoken recently. She also warned her mother about John Walker — whom she called "bad news."

Regardless of changes to Irina's personal life, her father expressed concern.

“His [Royal] Majesty [Michael I] and the entire royal family hope that the American justice system and the courts of the state of Oregon will solve this case in the fairest and quickest way possible," the statement from the king’s press bureau read, according to NBC.

The statement didn't mention John, according to the AP.

Read more: Romanian Princess Irina Walker "Krueger" Arrested for Cockfighting - Business Insider

There's isn't really any information about her first husband.

Surprising that someone from a noble background would marry someone who economically and socially were much lower than themselves. This would be giving up a lot and would be a major adjustment in their life as their partner or spouse wouldn't have the means financially to keep up the lifestyle that they were used to or could be using them to better their financial situation. Of course there might be a very few royals who don't care about this but I would think that they would be few and far between.

NGalitzine 08-16-2013 11:04 PM

^^^^
Well when Michaels children were growing up they were not exactly well off. Michael had to work at various jobs to support his family. Their school fees were reportedly paid by wealthy Rumanian expats as Michael would not have been able to pay the fees himself.

CSENYC 08-16-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGalitzine (Post 1589376)
^^^^
Well when Michaels children were growing up they were not exactly well off. Michael had to work at various jobs to support his family. Their school fees were reportedly paid by wealthy Rumanian expats as Michael would not have been able to pay the fees himself.

Having class and having money are different things.

King Michael has class, even if he wasn't always wealthy.

Irina, on the other hand, now seems to have neither money nor class.

Plus she could have had a good choice of husbands and could have used her royal status to really do wonderful things for Romania, but she didn't.

NGalitzine 08-16-2013 11:26 PM

^^^^
Well none of his daughters made especially upper class marriages, and with the exception of his eldest, they were not terribly successful in their marriages. Other than Margaretha they do not seem to be especially involved with Roumania or with their family in Roumania.

CSENYC 08-16-2013 11:31 PM

You're right.

I wonder what the family dynamics are; perhaps there are some family issues that have split the family apart? Maybe King Carol II's genes skipped King Michael but got passed to his daughters?

Unfortunate.

amaryllus 08-16-2013 11:54 PM

Just Take the cl out of class and you get a right royal one in this person.

Cory 08-17-2013 04:47 AM

The Royal Family was in exile but tried to represent all the time the Romanian people.Do not forget HRH Princess Helen and especially her son, HRH Prince Nicolae are quite involved in the life of the country.

reginalix 08-17-2013 07:16 AM

Princess Irina of Romania arrested in alleged cockfighting ring. Source : The Guardian.

maria-olivia 08-17-2013 08:14 AM

Have they to pay a caution for freedom ?

Benjamin 08-17-2013 12:19 PM

Having read the comments of Miss Kreuger, who was frank about the state of her relationship with her mother, it seems that it was Mr Walker who was the one who was actually party to all of the activities taking place at his ranch. Per her daughter, it sounds as if the princess suffers from a certain deep naïveté and, in addition, is not married to the most savory of individuals. Hopefully, justice *will* be served in this case and it will be meted out fairly and in such a way so that the punitive measures handed to each person charged are an actual reflection of their level of guilt. This case has been dramatically over sensationalized solely due to the royal background of one of the accused, and I personally look forward to its swift conclusion.

Lady Daly 08-17-2013 02:42 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no..._oregon_h.html

Magistrate Judge John V. Acosta decided to allow John and Irina Walker to be freed, ordering that they wear GPS bracelets and remain in Morrow and Umatilla counties while awaiting a two-week jury trial, which has been set for Oct. 15. The couple must also turn over their U.S. passports.

maria-olivia 08-17-2013 02:56 PM

Is something happens about the King or the Queen of Roumania , Irini is banned .

Noble Consort Ming 08-17-2013 04:26 PM

Is Irina an American citizen? If she only has residency status(green card) and is found guilty she can have her status revoked and be deported after she serves her sentence. If she's a citizen then she had to give up any titles to become a citizen(I've been through the process).

Maud 08-17-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 1589305)
What's there to say?

Is sad to read such news about the romanian royal family, but sometimes we really hurry too fast in order to judge the others.
We should not forget that this royal family had been through tremendous sorrows and back in time when King Michael of Roumania married Anna de Bourbon they didn't received any help at all! That they succeed to survive all those blurry times which had been after the WW II is really amazing! Shows their strength as family, as royals ! We should not forget that at the Diamond Jubilee he sat right besides Queen Elisabeth because he was the only monarch alive who had been present to her wedding back in time.
All the princesses spent their holidays in Firenze , Italy to Queen Elena , mother of King Michael of Roumania. That life sometimes works in other ways than we want...is nothing new...happends in all the families!
I really hope that all the writing about Princess Irina will slow down and wait for the situation to calm down.
HRH Princess Margareta is of a rare and seldom finess....she must have it from Queen Anna de Bourbon and King Michael! In her only interview she gave during her life, Queen Anna story in her native language about her life and their struggle as a young couple ....but above all, one name came over and over again on her majesty lips: "MICHEL" !

An Ard Ri 08-18-2013 08:24 AM

From the BBC

BBC News - Ex-Romanian princess Irina on Oregon cockfighting charges

Warren 08-18-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maud (Post 1589603)
Is sad to read such news about the romanian royal family, but sometimes we really hurry too fast in order to judge the others.!

My statement had and has no reflection whatsoever on the position of the Romanian Royal Family or the high esteem in which King Michael, Queen Anne and Crown Princess Margarita are generally held.

It refers solely to the barbaric practice of 'cock fighting' and those who facilitate it. No more and no less.

USCtrojan 08-18-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 1589877)
My statement had and has no reflection whatsoever on the position of the Romanian Royal Family or the high esteem in which King Michael, Queen Anne and Crown Princess Margarita are generally held.

It refers solely to the barbaric practice of 'cock fighting' and those who facilitate it. No more and no less.

Thank you,Warren! Well said!

I find it hard to believe that The choices of Elena and her husband will have much negativity on HM, the Queen and CP Margarita.

Elena has not been in Romania for years, and to assume that she is going to ruin everything is wrong! I don't see her ever returning to Romania, anyway. From the sounds if the article, her own children are somewhat estranged from her...

Geez, those poor animals!

maria-olivia 08-18-2013 07:57 PM

I think you care mixing King Michael youngest daughters.
It goes here about Princess Irina.
Princess Elena is the mother of Prince Nicolas the future Heir.

CSENYC 08-18-2013 08:55 PM

This may be an unwanted question, but are there problems between Royal Family members?

It just seems odd to me to have King Michael's children (other than one) living so far from him--and not for great reasons.

For example, I see that Princess Sophie went to college at the University of North Carolina-Asheville. Why in the world would a European royal go there?

Princess Irina moved to Oregon and married a blue collar guy. Why in the world?

Princess Sophie lives in Brittany with her daughter. Again, why in the world?

If the family had scattered around the world for amazing careers, amazing spouses or to promote amazing causes, it would be reasonable to live in multiple countries on multiple continents, but it sounds like they're not particularly fond of each other.

Argie 08-18-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory (Post 1589411)
The Royal Family was in exile but tried to represent all the time the Romanian people.Do not forget HRH Princess Helen and especially her son, HRH Prince Nicolae are quite involved in the life of the country.

Involved in what, ribbon cutting? Nicolae does not even speak Romanian!!!
Margarita and Elena did get involved in various humanitarian/arts projects though.

Argie 08-18-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSENYC (Post 1589931)
This may be an unwanted question, but are there problems between Royal Family members?...

Yes, I agree, the family did not do very well. What's worse, they do not come across as serious, solid, reliable, in-love-with-Romania monarchs. I believe that once communism set in Romania, they have never expected to return. It is not surprising that Romanians think so poorly about a potential restoration of the monarchy. I would be amazed if it ever happens, at least not with this house.

maria-olivia 08-19-2013 08:28 AM

No word about this on Prince Radu's board ?

Cory 08-19-2013 01:32 PM

I don't see the reason.

MarleneKoenig 08-19-2013 02:19 PM

Here in the USA, a person is presumed INNOCENT until proven guilty by a jury of one's peers. It is up to the prosecution to try and prove the charges with evidence, witnesses, etc. King Michael lives part of the year in Switzerland, and part of the year in Romania at the Elisabetha Palace and Savarin. The latter is their private home, which was returned to them, as was Sinaia and several other properties. Elisabetha Palace still belongs to the state, but Michael and his family have the right to live there, and it is a comfy family home, and used for official purposes for official visits, etc. Margarita and Radu have a prominent role within the country, as Nicholas is beginning to take on more duties within the family.

Irina's first husband was a very wealthy Swede. Her second husband is a former police officer and deputy sheriff. Her children are American. Millions of people come to the US each year for opportunity. Do you know how many royals attend American universities? Did you consider that Princess Sophie chose the school because of a program of study? I am the one who broke the news to two of Irina's sisters before the media got to them. I have been friends with Irina and other members of the family for many years. It is very upsetting, and I know I am distressed about this .. I cannot even imagine what it must be like for Irina's family. We only know the charges: we do not know the facts. Even if she is convicted, I will still be her friend. I will not comment further on this story, but remember, Irina and John are innocent until proven guilty

USCtrojan 08-19-2013 08:51 PM

:previous:
Thank you, Marlene!

CSENYC 08-19-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarleneKoenig (Post 1590158)
Do you know how many royals attend American universities? Did you consider that Princess Sophie chose the school because of a program of study?

Yes, and when I was in grad school, members of the Danish and Kuwaiti royal families were also students at the same university. I am also very familiar with UNC-Asheville.

It just seems to me as if some members of King Michael's family haven't really achieved a lot, which is unfortunate since (1) they could have, with their royal status, and (2) Romania needs them and could really benefit from their star power.

Cory 08-20-2013 10:33 AM

HM the King used to teach the Lord's Prayer in Romanian to the 5 Princesses.

Princess Sofia is a well respected artist but she spends more of her life in France with her daughter.

I suppose Princess Irina did not have an easy life but she is a grandmother now and maybe she can't change too many things afterwards.

princess gertrude 08-20-2013 02:32 PM

I can tell you why one of this daughters attended UNC-Asheville......It's gorgeous up there. One of my favorite places to visit. There is a reason George W. Vanderbilt put this https://www.biltmore.com/visit/house...ns/default.asp, right in the middle of the Pisgah Forest. Such a great town with a unique atmosphere and no one up there would be the wiser to who she is.

Lady Daly 08-20-2013 04:53 PM

http://www.yafosphotography.com/abou...de_roumanie.ws

"After several years of working and exhibiting her art on both sides of the Atlantic, Princess Sophie's life changed radically in 1989 with the fall of communism in Romania. As vice president of The Princess Margarita of Romania Foundation, an elite non-profit organisation contributing to the development of civil society in Romania, she committed herself to assisting the people of her country, especially the children, in their struggle to emerge from decades of tyranny.

Her first book, a collection of stories for children was published in Romania in 1995." (excerpt)

Noble Consort Ming 08-20-2013 09:10 PM

Isn't this thread supposed to be about the king's daughters?

I agree very much with Argie but I think this argument is in the wrong place.

Lady Daly 08-20-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming (Post 1590770)
Isn't this thread supposed to be about the king's daughters?

I believe this thread took a side road after it was announced Princess Irina got in a bit of trouble recently in Oregon.

maria-olivia 08-20-2013 10:16 PM

I agree , Prince Nicholas has his own thread. Perhaps de moderators will delate

maria-olivia 08-22-2013 08:27 AM

Marlène Koening is very closed to the Romanian and Serbian RF. She was personally their guest and she must be very upset about what happened with Princess irini.
She is certainly waiting for further informations about this sad affair and will inform right informations in Royal Musings.
Best regards Marlène and congratulations and thanks for cheering pictures of your private collection.

MarleneKoenig 08-22-2013 10:16 AM

Maria, I love how fancy you made my name with the accent :) Thank you for your kind remarks.

I stated on Royal Musings that I will not be writing about this case until a verdict, which is a news event. I have made it clear to all concerned that I will be a friend regardless of the outcome. I am upset, but my feelings do not compare at all to what Irina's family is going through at this time. They are all in my prayers and thoughts.

just want to add thank you for all the kind remarks.

Warren 08-22-2013 01:36 PM

Posts discussing the position of Prince Nicolae have been moved to the Prince Nicolae thread.

Katrianna 08-22-2013 08:00 PM

Well, we have been presented with some basic statements by the press and that's all for now. The law enforcement authorities have not released any further statements or information in regards to the situation so it doesn't do to make quick speculations or judgements.

Lady Daly 08-22-2013 08:14 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...ss_served.html

CSENYC 08-22-2013 10:30 PM

The article states that Princess Irina lives in a mobile home, and the list of alleged crimes is very disturbing.

What would make royalty end up like that? Something is very, very, very, very wrong. King Michael could be heartbroken, although I'm sensing that there have been problems for years.

If this is the Royal Family, I wouldn't want it.

Argie 08-22-2013 10:35 PM

What a pity! I am waiting for the verdict to be issued before I start ranting, but even the association with such crimes is undignified for anyone, let alone a princess.

CSENYC 08-22-2013 10:53 PM

I'm just astounded that royalty would choose to live in a mobile home. Something is just way, way, way wrong.

Lady Daly 08-22-2013 11:12 PM

l live ~ 12 miles outside of Portland, Oregon and have easy access to the Oregonian newspaper including their online news, http://www.oregonlive.com/. The ongoing investigation continues to be reported locally with more details being revealed. The current article indicates Irina essentially was selling tacos and beer during the cockfights, which isn't exactly a federal crime (that I know of) - yet it is so unfortunate she has ended up in this environment. The trial date is set for Oct 15 and is expected to last ~ 2 weeks. My heart does go out to King Michael and family.

Katrianna 08-22-2013 11:23 PM

The article you've provided doesn't sound encouraging. No, it's not a Federal crime to provide food, but being aware of what was going on could be damning. The only thing is to wait until further official info is released or the court trial.

Cory 08-23-2013 06:09 AM

Princess Irina loves animals so I do not suppose she would have wanted those "fights".

Benjamin 08-24-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSENYC (Post 1591462)
I'm just astounded that royalty would choose to live in a mobile home. Something is just way, way, way wrong.

What an extremely shallow comment. Perhaps the financial situation of the couple compels them to live in such a home? Regardless, that, in particular, is really nobody's business.

CSENYC 08-24-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin (Post 1591867)
What an extremely shallow comment. Perhaps the financial situation of the couple compels them to live in such a home? Regardless, that, in particular, is really nobody's business.

It's not shallow; my point is that Princess Irina has made life choices that are surprising for a princess, that put herself in a very bad position and that certainly did not have to happen.

She is royalty and her parents now have plenty of money. She could have married well (as there are plenty of eligible men who would marry a princess) and lived a good life, and surely King Michael would at least help her buy a house if she needed it. Couldn't she live at one of his many houses if she needed a home?

However, she didn't. Rather than living a royal life, she's now living a "redneck" and, if the allegations are true, criminal life. All of the allegations, if true, indicate that something is seriously, seriously wrong, regardless of her financial situation.

nascarlucy 08-24-2013 10:50 AM

When someone is born into royalty, they have many opportunities to go places and do things that others for various reasons (mostly economic) don't have. Most use these opportunities in a positive way or a way that helps others.

There are many domestic animals in the world (horses, dogs, cats just to name a few) that are abused, neglected and abandoned. It's too bad that Princess Irina didn't use her resources or help raise money to help these animals or to shelter some of them on her property. If she and her husband had done this, we wouldn't be talking about both of them being arrested.

CSENYC 08-24-2013 11:52 AM

I agree with nascarlucy. Plus, the extensive press coverage of these troubles indicates at least that Princess Irina and the Royal Family have global star power. Think of the good things that could have been done with that kind of influence.

Argie 08-24-2013 12:23 PM

CSENYC and nascarlucy, I agree with both your comments. There is a certain decorum one expects from a member of a royal house, reigning or not.

At the same time, attacks directed at forum commentators who happen to criticize the Romanian royals reveal lack of manners and an intolerant mentality. Please keep in mind that this is a discussion forum, not a fan page, Benjamin. It is in the best interest of the topic to support your opinions with arguments, not with insults. CSENYC was very kind when overlooking your impolite comment.