The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f267/)
-   -   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Royal Honeymoon Poll (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f267/the-duke-and-duchess-of-cambridge-royal-honeymoon-poll-30728.html)

Zonk 04-20-2011 09:22 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Royal Honeymoon Poll

Following their marriage, William & Catherine are scheduled to spend their wedding night at Buckingham Palace before leaving for their honeymoon.

We have included a poll in this thread, so please vote and let us know what you think! If the couple has a photocall during the Honeymoon, this will be discussed here as well.

Thanks and Happy Posting!

Warren, wbenson & Zonk
British Forums Moderator

andrew 04-21-2011 02:23 PM

In the Romanian Media there is a lot of fuss going on about William and Kate spending their honeymoon in Romania, at Viscri on Prince Charles' estate.
The locals are already well prepared to welcome the newlyweds.
Anyway, it may be only a rumour, but who knows...

Printul William si Kate Middleton, la Viscri - Monden - Observator Antena1

Zonk 04-21-2011 03:31 PM

Based on Catherine's recent purchases, I am thinking that they are going somewhere warm and sunny. So I am going to go with a private island owned by Richard Branson. That way they can have their privacy.

Lenora 04-21-2011 03:48 PM

That's an interesting point!But I hope ,later they will reveal it.I've thought about Corfu as well

Mia_mae 04-21-2011 03:53 PM

Barbados or Belize

Lady Ann 04-21-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenora (Post 1236144)
That's an interesting point!But I hope ,later they will reveal it.I've thought about Corfu as well

Corfu is wonderful as is Crete I was there about two years ago the only place I like better then Greece is Sicily.. but Im not sure if I think they would go there.. Turkey is something to behold too.. whole other way of life. breath taking

MRSJ 04-21-2011 05:17 PM

I thought it was going to be Jordan and they were set to meet the King and Queen, there was an article 'confirming' this on another thread (I use the word confirming lately bc as we know nothing is true until officially confirmed)

Lady Ann 04-21-2011 05:21 PM

I read something about that as well, but Im not sure it was confirmed. I also read that William was not telling Kate where they are going and it is surprise..

CrownPrincess5 04-21-2011 05:33 PM

I think it'll be in the islands. I would be surprised of they spend it in Romania or Jordan.

MRSJ 04-21-2011 05:37 PM

My husband read an article today saying the Middletons are paying for honeymoon

scooter 04-21-2011 06:32 PM

Romania! Seriously?

Rosapru 04-21-2011 11:45 PM

maybe Chili (Patagonia) because they went separatly for their gap year. It will be fun if William thought to return together and meet people they both met 10 years ago and visit about the country. Remember when the president of Chili came to London after the miners rescue, if invited members of the royal family to visit his country. What do you think of my idea?

dazzling 04-22-2011 01:42 AM

Most likely I would say is an island, they would want as less publicity & attraction they can get & it is a way to get away from the press and all the fuss. If they do go to a city it would be hard to blend in & easy for the press to surround your every move, not ideal for a honeymoon.
Secondly, her recently purchases are the choices one would pick up for an island gateway destination.

RoyalistRiley 04-22-2011 03:46 AM

Can I ask where Romania came from? I think Africa/the Carribean are most likely, although I have a feeling the security will be so high that any media coverage will be hushed up and we may never know

dodo88 04-22-2011 05:40 AM

Kate and Jordan

What is the relationship between Kate and Jordan?
she lived in Jordan 2 years when she was little and the royal couple are planning honeymoon in Jordan
that sounds great :flowers:

الأمير ويليام وكيت ميدلتون.. أيام الطفولة والبراءة

Iluvbertie 04-22-2011 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Ann (Post 1236188)
Corfu is wonderful as is Crete I was there about two years ago the only place I like better then Greece is Sicily.. but Im not sure if I think they would go there.. Turkey is something to behold too.. whole other way of life. breath taking

Corfu would be an interesting place for them to visit considering that 90 years ago on June 10th Philip was born there.

Iluvbertie 04-22-2011 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1236363)
Most likely I would say is an island, they would want as less publicity & attraction they can get & it is a way to get away from the press and all the fuss. If they do go to a city it would be hard to blend in & easy for the press to surround your every move, not ideal for a honeymoon.
Secondly, her recently purchases are the choices one would pick up for an island gateway destination.

They look simply like summer dresses to me - surely people in Britain are expecting some weather during the upcoming summer where she could wear these sorts of things. I know that many Aussies laugh when they see things like 'heatwave' at 22 degrees celsius (a lovely winter's day here) but... they do sometimes get hot enough to wear summer dresses.

dazzling 04-22-2011 10:34 AM

Where will Kate Middleton and Prince William spend their honeymoon?
Read it here

Mia_mae 04-22-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1236442)
They look simply like summer dresses to me - surely people in Britain are expecting some weather during the upcoming summer where she could wear these sorts of things. I know that many Aussies laugh when they see things like 'heatwave' at 22 degrees celsius (a lovely winter's day here) but... they do sometimes get hot enough to wear summer dresses.

Same here! 22 C is nothing for us and definitely not our definition of a "warm day"

andrew 04-22-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley (Post 1236397)
Can I ask where Romania came from? I think Africa/the Carribean are most likely, although I have a feeling the security will be so high that any media coverage will be hushed up and we may never know

Prince Charles owns properties in Transilvania (at Viscri and Zalanpatak-the administarators of these estates, Count and Countess Kalnoky are invited to the wedding) so it is a possibility! The properties are situated in remote areas, no airports no highways nearby, so they could enjoy some privacy.

But of course, if they want real privacy, they should go to a privately owned island!