The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Harry and Prince William (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Prince Harry 'Walking With the Wounded' Expedition to the North Pole Mar-Apr 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/prince-harry-walking-with-the-wounded-expedition-to-the-north-pole-mar-apr-2011-a-30657.html)

Rosapru 03-26-2011 08:12 AM

Prince Harry 'Walking With the Wounded' Expedition to the North Pole Mar-Apr 2011

From the Prince of Wales website.

Prince Harry to join Walking with the Wounded Expedition to the North Pole, 29th March - 5th April

25th March 2011
Prince Harry will join a team of wounded military servicemen at the start of their expedition to trek unaided to the Geographic North Pole. The Prince - Patron of the charity Walking with the Wounded - will join the group at their base camp in Longyearbyen, north Norway on 29th March, where he will undertake three days of training with the team. The Prince will then trek with the team for five days as they commence their expedition high above the Arctic Circle. Prince Harry will depart the ice on 5th April, to return to the United Kingdom for continued military training.
The Walking with the Wounded team includes four wounded soldiers, who have suffered life-changing injuries during active service, including two amputees. They will be accompanied by two expedition leaders and a Norwegian polar guide. Their four week expedition will see the team covering up to 200 miles of the frozen Arctic Ocean by foot, pulling their own equipment in sleds weighing in excess of 100kg and in temperatures that can drop to minus 60.
The Walking with the Wounded Expedition supports other charities that help injured soldiers rebuild their lives. The money raised from this expedition will be used for educational courses and training programmes to aid rehabilitation back into ordinary life.

jemagre 03-27-2011 04:18 PM

The Press Association: Harry star of trek magazine cover

This should be a link to Prince Harry's GQ cover. I really like the picture of him. It is also nice that some of the proceeds from the sales of the magazine will go to charity. Can't wait to see more pictures of the event.

Al_bina 03-28-2011 01:07 PM

Prince Harry Talks About His North Pole Trek In British GQ (PHOTOS)

christinacg 03-28-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1221874)

You know what I really like about the second photo; he's not the star of it, he's just one of the guys. I know thats how he thinks of himself. And the first picture, well, he's just ridiculously handsome isn't he?

Tina 03-28-2011 03:02 PM

Prince Harry is Walking With the Wounded - British GQ cover - GQ.COM (UK)

Russophile 03-28-2011 03:49 PM

Very cool. Good for him. If he can't fight with them, he certainly can walk with them.

Marika86 03-29-2011 07:58 AM

Prince Harry Joins Walking With The Wounded Expedition. March 29, 2011

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato

Prince Harry joins trek to North Pole - hellomagazine.com

Rebafan81 03-29-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christinacg (Post 1221906)
You know what I really like about the second photo; he's not the star of it, he's just one of the guys. I know thats how he thinks of himself. And the first picture, well, he's just ridiculously handsome isn't he?

I so agree, he is ridiculously handsome, to me the best looking of the Windsor set!!

Empress Merel 03-29-2011 03:12 PM

Prince Harry laughs off -40C temperatures warning during North Pole trek | Mail Online

He's hot again. Needs to lay off the beer more, no need for the blowness in the face.

jemagre 03-29-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 1222324)
Prince Harry laughs off -40C temperatures warning during North Pole trek | Mail Online

He's hot again. Needs to lay off the beer more, no need for the blowness in the face.

I don't understand the comment? The "blowness" in the face? If you are referring to the redness, Harry has naturally fair skin and with the cold environment that is contributing to his look. I don't think beer has anything to do with this particular look.

Thanks for the article though. I wonder if there is a video out there.

jemagre 03-29-2011 08:25 PM

Prince Harry Is Headed to the North Pole - ABC News

A video of Harry in Norway preparing to set off with the team.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...e-2256107.html

One more for everyone.

Opal 03-29-2011 09:39 PM

I think it's wonderful (and brave) that Harry is doing this trek. I hope they reach their goal in fundraising for charity.

Empress Merel 03-30-2011 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemagre (Post 1222397)
I don't understand the comment? The "blowness" in the face? If you are referring to the redness, Harry has naturally fair skin and with the cold environment that is contributing to his look. I don't think beer has anything to do with this particular look.

Thanks for the article though. I wonder if there is a video out there.

No, he looked a bit bloated lately. Not referring to the newest pics.

iceflower 03-30-2011 08:38 AM

Prince Harry jumping into icy water as he tries wearing an immersion suit on the
island of Spitsbergen, between the Norwegian mainland and the North Pole,
March 30, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife **

Osipi 03-30-2011 08:47 AM

Now that's gotta be COLD! I can imagine this whole experience is going to be something that he'll never forget.

Marika86 03-30-2011 10:35 AM

Prince Harry begins training for Arctic trek to North Pole - hellomagazine.com

muriel 03-30-2011 10:53 AM

BBC News - Prince Harry takes an Arctic dip while on charity expedition
Prince Harry takes an Arctic dip while on charity expedition

roseroyal 03-30-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1222559)
Prince Harry jumping into icy water as he tries wearing an immersion suit on the
island of Spitsbergen, between the Norwegian mainland and the North Pole,
March 30, 2011.
** Pic 2 **

This makes me laugh! His expression, LOL!:lol:

Lumutqueen 03-30-2011 03:31 PM

There is some wonderful coverage of this trip on the daily news.

MRSJ 03-30-2011 10:40 PM

What the blogger writes is crude but lots of pics here- just don't read it, just look at hot Prince Harry! :)

http://dlisted.com/node/41394