The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   British Royal Residences (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f230/)
-   -   Fort Belvedere, Windsor (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f230/fort-belvedere-windsor-30599.html)

rebbevb 04-08-2011 02:08 PM

Fort Belvedere, Windsor

Hi i was wondering if anyone had pictures of Fort Belvedere the former home of the prince of wales aka Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor.

Thanks,
Brent R. von Behrens II

Vanya Trubetskoy 04-09-2011 03:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are 2 from the net. I have photos of the interiors from the Duke of Windsor's time when he was the Prince of Wales.
But my scanner is so messed up!

rebbevb 04-12-2011 04:13 PM

Just gorgeous cant u picture William & Kate living there :P Omg that would be soooo awesome.

PS thanks for the pics :)

Brent R. von Behrens II

Vanya Trubetskoy 08-22-2011 12:46 AM

Interior of Fort Belvedere.

1 Attachment(s)
The Octagon Drawing Room on the ground floor.:flowers:

Vanya Trubetskoy 08-22-2011 12:47 AM

Master Bedroom Suite.

1 Attachment(s)
The Master Bedroom suite.

Vanya Trubetskoy 08-22-2011 12:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more of the Master Bedroom.

Vanya Trubetskoy 08-22-2011 12:51 AM

Post Script.

I am not sure if these photos are from the Prince of Wales residency.

Starbkjrus 08-22-2011 05:35 PM

Does anyone know who owns the leasehold on Ft. Belvedere now? Is it still a Crown Estate property?
Found the answer. It's still owned by the Crown Estate and let to a Canadian businessman if Wikipedia is accurate. I'd love to see inside.

No1_Saint 01-06-2012 02:59 AM

Wow...that's a very nice potential country estate for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Diarist 01-06-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1_Saint (Post 1354697)
Wow...that's a very nice potential country estate for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Please can I help a little?

The Crown Estates granted a lease of the property some years ago to Galen Weston. Although Galen Weston is very well known as the multibillionaire owner of Associated British Foods and a number of very well known shops round the world [Holt Renfrew in Canada, Fortnum and Mason in London, Brown Thomas in Dublin etc] he is very well known in royal circles because he was the patron [owner] of the Maple Leafs (sic) Polo team for which Prince Charles played many times.

I am sure that Galen Weston would like to 'stay put'. He has family including a son, Galen Weston junior, who I am sure likes Fort Belvedere.

Would think that William and Catherine might prefer Gloucestershire: Prince William plays polo at the Beaufort Polo Club.

Hope this is of interest,

Alex

gerry 01-06-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diarist (Post 1354986)
Please can I help a little?

The Crown Estates granted a lease of the property some years ago to Galen Weston. Although Galen Weston is very well known as the multibillionaire owner of Associated British Foods and a number of very well known shops round the world [Holt Renfrew in Canada, Fortnum and Mason in London, Brown Thomas in Dublin etc] he is very well known in royal circles because he was the patron [owner] of the Maple Leafs (sic) Polo team for which Prince Charles played many times.

I am sure that Galen Weston would like to 'stay put'. He has family including a son, Galen Weston junior, who I am sure likes Fort Belvedere.

Would think that William and Catherine might prefer Gloucestershire: Prince William plays polo at the Beaufort Polo Club.

Hope this is of interest,

Alex

I second your opinion that the Weston's would like to stay put and that the BRF is probably very happy with their tenants, especially as Galen Weston is spending a lot of his fortune to update the Fort. The most current pictures I have seen are in a book featuring the designs of interior decorator John Stefanides, who was hired by the Westons's at one point in their efforts to bring the Fort's mod cons up to standard! Here is a link to the book at amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Rooms-Design-D.../dp/0297794051

NGalitzine 01-06-2012 07:10 PM

Mrs Weston, the former Lt Gov of Ontario, has also done extensive work on the gardens at Fort Belvedere. They were shown in a tv bio-documentray about her.

padams2359 01-09-2012 09:36 PM

I don't think that will happen. It was a long time ago, but the queen still remembers the things that were said about what went on there. Once William is the Prince of Wales, and Granny is cooling her heels in SGC, maybe.