The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Weddings (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/)
-   -   Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Sultan al-Saud & Lucy Cuthbert: 28 March 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/prince-khalid-bin-bandar-bin-sultan-al-saud-and-lucy-cuthbert-28-march-2011-a-30505.html)

Ideology 03-29-2011 07:40 PM

Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Sultan al-Saud & Lucy Cuthbert: 28 March 2011
 
I think theres some sort of mistake. Bandar Bin Khaled Al Faisal is already married to Al Anood Bint Muhammad Bin Abdallah. I think this is Khaled Bin Bandar Bin Sultan, the son of the former Saudi ambassador to the US.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

By Tim Hobden


IT could have been a wedding to remember.

A member of the Saudi Royal family marrying an English rose, the niece of the Duke of Northumberland.
Together their families are worth multi-millions, but bizarrely, as reported yesterday, they tied the knot at Oxford Register Office, in Tidmarsh Lane, at a cost of £167.
Prince Bandar Bin Khalid Bin Faisal al-Saud, a member of the super-rich Saudi Royal Family, wed Lucy Cuthbert at a ceremony attended by a handful of guests.
Lucy, who shone in a thigh-length white dress with a cream jacket, is the niece of the Duke of Northumberland, whose fortune is estimated at £300m.
Her Middle-Eastern husband went for a classy European look, wearing a grey, three-piece suit with pale shirt and striped tie.
The couple arrived in a gleaming, chauffeur-driven Land Rover Discovery, but saved on the cost of a luxury limousine or romantic horse-drawn carriage, opting instead to leave the ceremony in a bus with their friends.
Lucy’s uncle, Ralph George Algernon Percy, was 229th in the 2010 Sunday Times Rich List. He owns Alnwick Castle, in Northumberland – the setting for Harry Potter’s Hogwarts – and her father Aidan owns Beaufront Castle 40 miles up the road.
Khalid, 33, is destined to inherit a huge fortune. He is grandson to the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia and heir to a share of £40bn oil wealth.
Khalid is used to a more classier mode of transport than the hired £395 coach he travelled in to the wedding reception.
He uses the family Airbus jet painted in the silver and blue colours of the Dallas Cowboys, his favourite American Football team.
He even has landing rights at RAF Brize Norton, close to his 2,000-acre Glympton Park estate, near Woodstock.
The occasion was a deliberately low-key affair, but still had a number of minders and drivers keeping watch for any sign of trouble on the pavements outside, one for an hour before the event.
Lucy and her husband-to-be arrived together, heading straight inside for the half-hour ceremony in the Dexter Room at the register office in Oxford.
The number of guests for the room is limited to 25 on weekdays.
As they emerged into the sunlight the couple beamed with joy as family and friends threw confetti over them.
Then they were straight into the “executive” coach, with personalised number plates and headed west out of the city, with the Land Rover and two Range Rovers swinging into the traffic behind it.

Al_bina 03-29-2011 07:44 PM

Has this union been approved by the families? Has the couple eloped? If Prince Bandar already married Sheikha Al Anood, would it be impossible for him to marry another person in a strictly official setting? The situation is quite intriguing. At least Ms. Cuthbert belongs to a noble family. Anyway I hope this union will work for the couple.

SASSY 03-29-2011 08:41 PM

Wow that's very low-key considering what they could have had. I wonder what the gossip ( if any ) is in Saudi Arabia? I have a feeling it's low key for a reason other than they wanted it that way. They seem happy, so good luck to them. :flowers:

COUNTESS 03-29-2011 09:07 PM

I don't know much about him, but if this is the case, what is wrong with her. What a nightmare marriage, if that it what it is. She should have run!!!

Esmerelda 03-30-2011 02:25 AM

Nightmare marriage because of the simplicity of the ceremony or the person she's marrying? Maybe they had a civil ceremony because of their different religions.

Princess Robijn 03-30-2011 04:47 AM

According to the following article, the groom is actually Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Sultan al-Saud. That makes a lot more sense, because both articles list the groom as a grandson of the Crown Prince. The "Bin Faisal" in the name of Prince Bandar Bin Khalid Bin Faisal al-Saud indicates that he is a grandson in male line of Prince Faisal. (Of course it could be that he is a grandson of the Crown Prince in female line.)

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw...-ceremony.html

Lucy is the middle daughter of Lady Victoria and John Cuthbert, and granddaughter of the 10th Duke of Northumberland.

dazzling 03-30-2011 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Robijn (Post 1222506)
According to the following article, the groom is actually Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Sultan al-Saud. That makes a lot more sense, because both articles list the groom as a grandson of the Crown Prince. The "Bin Faisal" in the name of Prince Bandar Bin Khalid Bin Faisal al-Saud indicates that he is a grandson in male line of Prince Faisal. (Of course it could be that he is a grandson of the Crown Prince in female line.)

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw...-ceremony.html

Lucy is the middle daughter of Lady Victoria and John Cuthbert, and granddaughter of the 10th Duke of Northumberland.

If he was in line to the "bin Faisal" that would make him the grandson of the late King Faisal of Saudi. He looks more like the Crown Prince's son than Prince Khaled al Faisals son.

Princess Robijn 03-30-2011 05:16 AM

Indeed, or King Faisal, thanks Dazz..

Al_bina 03-30-2011 11:52 AM

Thanks for the additional information and explanations!:flowers:
So Prince Khalid appears to be single. Given an inherent pessimism over such unions, I hope that Prince Khalid and Ms. Cuthbert will make their marriage work. I wonder whether or not Ms. Cuthbert will take her husband's title.

Kataryn 03-30-2011 12:40 PM

Quite extreme women in this family: first the mechanic and gun-maker Lady Katie marries and now her cousin Lucy - who from her choice of grooms seems to be the exact opposite to Lady Katie.

Rossina 03-30-2011 12:54 PM

Another pic
Khalid bin Bandar bin Sultan Al Saud .. Any information about his parents?

MarleneKoenig 03-30-2011 11:14 PM

The groom is the son of Prince Bandar, former ambassador to the USA, whose kids were raised in the USA -- one clue is the reference to Glympton park, which his father owns.

Esmerelda 03-31-2011 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina
Thanks for the additional information and explanations!:flowers:
So Prince Khalid appears to be single. Given an inherent pessimism over such unions, I hope that Prince Khalid and Ms. Cuthbert will make their marriage work. I wonder whether or not Ms. Cuthbert will take her husband's title.

Doesn't she automatically take his title or does it have to be granted to her? I wonder where the couple will live.

Al_bina 03-31-2011 11:16 AM

In truth, I am totally unaware about the title granting in the Saudi royal family. Usually Princes marry Sheikhas, who have titles of their own. In this case, Ms. Cuthbert has not got a title.

Ideology 04-02-2011 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1222412)
Has this union been approved by the families? Has the couple eloped? If Prince Bandar already married Sheikha Al Anood, would it be impossible for him to marry another person in a strictly official setting? The situation is quite intriguing. At least Ms. Cuthbert belongs to a noble family. Anyway I hope this union will work for the couple.

Its hard to say that its impossible but the way things went, I seriously doubt it. He also looks like his father Bandar Bin Sultan. So im pretty sure they got the wrong name.

Ideology 04-02-2011 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1223112)
In truth, I am totally unaware about the title granting in the Saudi royal family. Usually Princes marry Sheikhas, who have titles of their own. In this case, Ms. Cuthbert has not got a title.

Sheikhs do not have official titles in Saudi. Shiekhs are like nobilty since nobles in Saudi - although known and very well recognized- do not hold any official titles. Thousands hold the title "prince".

In other gulf states that have monarchies but arent called kingdoms (such as Qatar, UAE, and Kuwait), "sheikh" is the title royals use, not prince. The head of state would be called "the prince" (Emir). This is because in Arabic, the word "Emir" (prince), literally means leader.

Now, even if of unknown or questionable origins, rich businessmen sometimes give themselves the title "sheikh". Its really a title of respect and even used when addressing an old man or a religious scholar. However, locals are able to tell the difference (which has consequences related to marriage traditions and social laws) and know who is really a noble and whos using the title for other reasons.

LightOfTheKingdom 04-11-2011 06:58 PM

Actually Bandar Bin Khalids wifes name is Nouf not Anoud

zaina 04-12-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esmerelda (Post 1222937)
Doesn't she automatically take his title or does it have to be granted to her? I wonder where the couple will live.


As he is muslim the islamic way is that the wives does not take the husbands name, and from what i can gather the title will not be given to her either as she was not born into royalty.

mbrien1 04-13-2011 09:23 AM

Does anybody know how they met?

Musk 04-25-2011 06:41 PM

I am not sure if he is a Muslim, though, usually Muslims at least respect all aspects of the religion if not practice them.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises