The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Style File (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Royals in our clothes (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/royals-in-our-clothes-30289.html)

cdm 03-02-2011 03:34 PM

Royals in our clothes
 
Seeing the picture of Mary of Denmark in a Zara blouse gave me the idea of creating a thread where we can collect pictures of the royals in more accessible fashion like Zara, Mango, H&M, Top Shop, etc

2011-010 - Servimg.com - Free image hosting service

Charlotte Casiraghi in a H&M dress
http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log...tte_casi_4.jpg

I remember reading back then that this dress of Caroline of Monaco was from La Redoute
http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log...uli_churc.html

Victoria of Sweden in a H&M coat
http://lotta.svenskdam.se/kronprinse...arslila-temat/

Letizia of Spain in Mango clothes
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b...0/Kolajlar.jpg
http://www.zimbio.com/Princess+Letiz...ia+Mango+Skirt

Aimée of the Netherlands and Letizia of Spain in the same Mango dress
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b...1600/331-1.jpg

Marika86 03-02-2011 05:49 PM

I think it's a good idea. It's nice to see a princess wear clothes accessible for us

Princess Letizia in Mango:

Top: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZc...0077424878.jpg **
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZc...9208721_P9.jpg

Cardigan: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZc...0/55368436.jpg ** http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZc...00/24watxk.jpg

Blouse: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...tlFa248jri&t=1 ** http://noticias.terra.es/genteycultu...a-00$599x0.jpg

Sternchen 03-03-2011 06:39 AM

I received the Mary-Zara-Blouse today, and it is a nice quality :smile: Seams are done nicely, and that for 40€ :smile:

cdm 03-03-2011 02:36 PM

Caroline of Monaco in a Zara coat
the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - Caroline of Monaco

cdm 04-09-2011 07:28 AM

Letizia in another Mango dress
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4rOumPrnUL...s1600/2223.jpg

cdm 05-01-2011 01:29 PM

According to the Daily Mail, Catherine's blue day-after-the-wedding-dress is from Zara
Kate Middleton is the people's princess as she steps out in High Street for first day as a Royal | Mail Online

Diarist 05-01-2011 01:56 PM

I wonder if Catherine is making a very definite acknowledgement to the fact that we are living in a time of austerity. Many of her recent purchases really ARE affordable and accessible to many people. I think this sends out a positive message during these hard times.

Incidentally, we were talking at lunch today about Catherine's legs; the general view of the fashion commentators seems to be that Catherine has wonderful legs which were often covered in boots [even when it wasn't winter] and so have only emerged now as one of her best features. [Her lovely hair had usually been given as her 'best feature']

Alex

dazzling 05-02-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm (Post 1246523)
According to the Daily Mail, Catherine's blue day-after-the-wedding-dress is from Zara
Kate Middleton is the people's princess as she steps out in High Street for first day as a Royal | Mail Online

Kate has always been dressing in reasonable price tag outfits before and after her engagement. I don't see her changing anytime soon.

Marika86 05-02-2011 08:48 AM

The "Zara" pleated dress that Catherine wore the day after her wedding

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...LEATED%2BDRESS

Diansche 05-08-2011 05:46 AM

more from mango and h&M:

Letizia in mango:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4rOumPrnUL...s1600/2223.jpg

victoria in H&M:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-n...1600/22221.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KUhnvZR42c...s1600/2228.jpg

dazzling 05-08-2011 06:31 AM

It only makes sense why Victoria wears H&M sometimes as its Swedish & Letizia wears Mango & Zara as they are Spanish, its good seeing them supporting their home country brands that everyone can afford.

Killasmile 05-08-2011 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diarist (Post 1246548)
I wonder if Catherine is making a very definite acknowledgement to the fact that we are living in a time of austerity. Many of her recent purchases really ARE affordable and accessible to many people. I think this sends out a positive message during these hard times.

Incidentally, we were talking at lunch today about Catherine's legs; the general view of the fashion commentators seems to be that Catherine has wonderful legs which were often covered in boots [even when it wasn't winter] and so have only emerged now as one of her best features. [Her lovely hair had usually been given as her 'best feature']

Alex

Talking at luch about that ? lol

Diarist 05-08-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killasmile (Post 1249967)
Talking at luch about that ? lol


Are, but it was in the best possible taste: I am trying to work out my outfits for FIVE days at Royal Ascot [easy-peasy for our menfok, they just have to wear Morning Dress] and I was moaning about what to wear on my feet - heels are stylish but it is HARD to walk about on turf in heels and I was lightheatedly saying it was a pity I couldn't wear boots a la Catherine Middleton, and this led to brief discussion about how she had often kept her legs encased in her boots, yet had the most fanstastic legs....

Hope I am exonerated now!

Alex


PS- If you have any ideas about my Royal Ascot footwear dilemma.....

cdm 06-08-2011 02:14 PM

Victoria in a H&M dress
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Week in Review: Crown Princess Victoria, 29 May - 4 June

cdm 10-14-2011 03:55 PM

Mary with her Zara blouse: Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Mary i bluse fra Zara

Mary in a H&M skirt: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-G8MNqU5oxh...600/222222.jpg

KittyAtlanta 10-14-2011 04:15 PM

Wearing affordable/attainable is not what I'm after with Royal ladies. I want them to set trends, not follow them. Be aware that I'm not being snarky, but you'd think one of them would have a personal designer/dressmaker/tailor.

cdm 10-16-2011 05:30 AM

I like the combination. Dazzling us with their designer gowns and then once in a while showing up in a skirt you can find at H&M

dazzling 10-19-2011 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta (Post 1326359)
Wearing affordable/attainable is not what I'm after with Royal ladies. I want them to set trends, not follow them. Be aware that I'm not being snarky, but you'd think one of them would have a personal designer/dressmaker/tailor.

I do agree somehow but if royals keep on wearing high end designers then the press will be all over them for spending. Many royals do mix their outfits, they do wear designers, affordable brands and they do have things custom-made for them. I would disagree that for every event they did wear a couture piece which would be really expensive, speaking over $50,000 and outfit.

I do like how royals do wear Zara and H&M pieces but do it wear it doesn't look causal (talking about Mary).

KittyAtlanta 10-19-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm (Post 1326758)
I like the combination. Dazzling us with their designer gowns and then once in a while showing up in a skirt you can find at H&M

I'm not interested so much in daywear, just eveningwear. One can achieve the same daytime look from shopping either a discount store or high-end.

cdm 12-18-2011 06:50 AM

Maxima in a Zara coat: Fan van Máxima » Prinses Máxima bij opening Week van het Geld 2011


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises