The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   Royal Engagement Pictures (February 2011 Informal Poll) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/royal-engagement-pictures-february-2011-informal-poll-30284.html)

LadyK 03-01-2011 09:40 AM

Royal Engagement Pictures (February 2011 Informal Poll)

Welcome to the February 2011 Picture of the Month Informal Poll

Featuring Royal Engagement Pictures

The pictures in this poll show the informal side of royalty. It will close on 29 March 2011. During this time, we ask that NO ONE STATE WHOM THEY'VE VOTED FOR so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. After the poll closes, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium
stephanievl - LadyLeana, Marengo

Britain
Zonk

Brunei/Malaysia/Dubai/Morocco
Humera - Warren

Denmark
Princess Robijn - Jessrulz, Madame Royale

Greece
Odette

Japan
Dragonsfire8 - Al_bina, kkgg101

Jordan
Humera - salma

Luxembourg
Jessrulz - grim_lady, kyansaunt20

Monaco
Iceflower - radker18,

Norway
Her_Majesty - Maura724

Spain
Paty - Ladejesus, Mari_*

Sweden
Iceflower - HRH Kerry

The Netherlands
Marika86 - Marengo, Lucien

Romania & Russia
Marsel -

If you have any ideas or suggestions for future polls you can post them there or contact LadyK.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in random order and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun! :flowers:
LadyK & dazzling

LadyK 03-01-2011 09:42 AM

A.) Denmark
Picture Link

Source: kronprinsparret.dk
An official picture of HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and miss Mary Donaldson after their engagement announcement.

B.) Norway
Picture Link

Source: Scanpix
After waiting for nine years Crown Prince Harald was finally given the permission to marry the commoner Sonja Haraldsen. The engagement was announced in March 1968. The photo shows the happy couple and well-wishers in front of the Royal Palace in Oslo.

C.) Monaco

Picture Link
Source: Corbis

Prince Rainier III of Monaco and Grace Kelly, later Princess Grace, posing for an engagement picture in January 1956.

D.) Sweden

Picture Link
Source: Reuters

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling, later Prince Daniel, on the day their engagement was announced, Stockholm, Sweden, February 24, 2009.

E.) Brunei
Picture Link
Source: fotomarktplatz

Crown Prince Al-Muhtadee Billah poses with his fiance Sarah Salleh in 2004.

F.) Jordan

Picture Link
Source: Laha magazine

Prince Hamzah poses with his fiancee Princess Noor in 2003.

G.) Morocco

Picture Link
Source: Corbis

Salma Bennani, fiancee of King Muhammad VI in July 2002.

H.) Egypt

Picture Link
Source: Flickr

Princess Fawiza poses for a picture released to mark her engagement to Crown Prince Reza of Iran in 1939.

I.) Iran

Picture Link
Source: Life

Farah Diba, fiance of the Shah Reza Pahlavi.

J.) Belgium

Picture Link
Source: seegerpress

Engagament of prince Philippe and princess Mathilde: 13/09/2009

cruisemama98 03-09-2011 10:58 AM

My favorite engagement photo of all time is one of Princess Anne and Mark Philips, taken in a corridor of Buckingham Palace. She is wearing an evening gown and he is in uniform.

Lenora 03-09-2011 04:53 PM

Thank You for such an interesting poll,I mean not only the picture of the month ,but on a different topic

iceflower 04-01-2011 04:28 PM

The poll is closed, thanks a lot for voting!

The winners are:

1. Norway
2. Denmark
3. Sweden

:flowers::flowers:

life84 12-19-2011 06:26 PM

I really liked picture A and picture F :D

ElegantAngel 04-22-2013 04:05 PM

I felt the Egypt picture was not fairly represented :). She obviously was well familiarized with grace and etiquette, representing her house with beauty and propriety. I unfortunately missed the poll, but had i not, she would have been my vote.