The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Canada - June 30 to July 8, 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/duke-and-duchess-of-cambridge-visit-to-canada-june-30-to-july-8-2011-a-30159.html)

Zonk 02-16-2011 02:55 PM

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Canada - June 30 to July 8, 2011

Royal Tour Announcement

February 16, 2011
His Royal Highness Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton to Undertake a Royal Tour of Canada

OTTAWA—His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, is pleased to announce that His Royal Highness Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton have accepted the invitation to undertake a Royal Tour of Canada, extended to them on behalf of the Government of Canada.

The Royal Tour by Prince William and Miss Middleton will include Alberta, the Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and the National Capital Region. The tour will take place from June 30 to July 8, 2011.

The Royal Tour will be coordinated by Mr. Kevin MacLeod, C.V.O., C.D., Canadian Secretary to The Queen. A detailed itinerary will be published at a later date by the Department of Canadian Heritage.

-30-

Media information:

Marie-Ève Létourneau
Rideau Hall Press Office
613-998-0287
marie-eve.letourneau@gg.ca

Department of Canadian Heritage
Media Relations
819-994-9101
media@pch.gc.ca

Zonk 02-16-2011 02:55 PM

Please note that this thread will be opened as we get closer to the visit.

timtonruben359 05-30-2011 09:17 PM

The Prime Minister of Canada has released detailed information about the Duke and Duchess's tour of Canada

William and Kate

Princess BellyFlop 05-30-2011 11:05 PM

Amazingly Prime Minister Harper didn't remove the Montreal and Quebec City portions of the trip even after the province didn't vote for him on May 2nd. I was afraid he would do that as he has not yet shown up a minute to visit the Monteregie people who have been flooded for over 6 weeks (but found time to visit an obscur village in Greece where the gradpa of one of his aid lived).

Mia_mae 05-31-2011 02:08 AM

Prince William and Kate Middleton to visit largest rodeo during U.S. tour | Mail Online

Royal tour focuses on the Forces | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

Mia_mae 06-01-2011 12:16 AM

Vanity fair tries to guess places the couple will visit while their Canadian Tour ;)
Oh, Canada—Prince William and Princess Catherine’s Official Itinerary | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

timtonruben359 06-01-2011 01:46 PM

The Queen is taking an active role in preparations for the Duke and Duchess's tour of Canada.

The Queen will keep a close eye on William and Catherine's Canadian tour - Toronto Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Mia_mae 06-10-2011 04:02 PM

Zonk, I'm posting here but feel free to remove the specific thread

William & Kate: The Royal Wedding - Great Big Sea, Sam Roberts, Maria Aragon to perform for Will and Kate on Canada Day

Tiggersk8 06-10-2011 10:15 PM

*whimper*

GBS is my favourite band and I've never seen them live. EVER!!

I am so jealous of William and Catherine right now.

Oh and for those wondering...Maria Aragon is a little girl from Winnipeg who had a video of her singing Lady Gaga's Born This Way on YouTube. It went viral, Lady Gaga saw it and then invited Maria and her parents to her Toronto show and to also join her on stage to sing it w/her.

That lil adorable munckin's having quite the year. :oD

Mia_mae 06-14-2011 12:53 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be on Parliament Hill for the Canada Day celebrations

A Royal Canada Day

muriel 06-15-2011 08:34 AM

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will save money with pared-down entourage for tour of Canada and US - Telegraph

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will save money with pared-down entourage for tour of Canada and US

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will make do without valets or dressers as they take a pared-down entourage on their first foreign tour later this month, royal aides have disclosed.

This really should be in the thread for the trip, but it is still closed. Could the Mods please move this post? Many thanks

timtonruben359 06-15-2011 09:36 AM

The Canadian Government has released the couple's Canada Day itinerary.

Unprecedented crowds expected to greet William and Catherine on Canada Day - Toronto Political Buzz | Examiner.com

MRSJ 06-20-2011 01:41 PM

The man who helped organize Catherine and William's royal tour

http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/06/17/h...ief-organizer/

Mia_mae 06-21-2011 12:03 PM

To be moved the the Canada/LA tour thread

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Duchess Kate and Prince William to 'muck in' on Canadian royal tour

PM unveils details of 2011 Royal Tour

http://www.pm.gc.ca/eng/media.asp?ca...eId=26&id=4168

QueenRachel 06-21-2011 02:42 PM

thanks....i've never seen that picture...

Britters 06-21-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenRachel (Post 1270993)
thanks....i've never seen that picture...

I haven't either, it looks like the same outfits worn when they visited the Darwin Institute or whatever that place was called. The only real obvious difference is in Kate's hair. It's a great shot though. The girl can certainly wear blue!

jdcharlie 06-21-2011 03:26 PM

The Prince of Wales - A statement by Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Private Secretary to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge about the tour of Canada

doric44 06-27-2011 11:55 PM

excited to see them this thursday all i hope is they dont do to many sterotypical canadian activities.. i hope they keep the moose, mounties and mountians to a minimum... were not all french candian fur trappers who drink maple syrup and live igloo's :lol:

Humera 06-27-2011 11:59 PM

OTTAWA — Canada will be the first commonwealth country to issue commemorative wedding day stamps of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, just in time for the couple's visit

Renata4711 06-28-2011 04:36 AM

But doric44, we on the other side of the pond would love to see moose, Mounties and mountains !

The Queen's Irish Tour was a good example. Even without the Guinness tasting...