The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f241/)
-   -   Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f241/press-reports-about-princess-madeleine-and-chris-oneill-january-2011-october-2012-a-29939.html)

Catharina 01-13-2011 11:51 PM

Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012

Expressen promises to publish some pictures of Princess Madeleine in the morning. The article claims that "everyone" is talking about the photos and that they are supposedly about her new love interest in NY. We'll see... :ermm:

Expressen ensam om Madde-bilderna - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

Google Translate

doric44 01-14-2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catharina (Post 1191197)
Expressen promises to publish some pictures of Princess Madeleine in the morning. The article claims that "everyone" is talking about the photos and that they are supposedly about her new love interest in NY. We'll see... :ermm:

Expressen ensam om Madde-bilderna - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

Google Translate

interesting video and little article it looks like she is meeting some guy at the bar there. but i think its naive to think she hasn't been dating in NYC its a big city with alot of eligible guys good for her

Bine221 01-14-2011 04:40 AM

Hmmmm, she really deserves a new love after this "annus horribilis" for her. But I have had a look at the video: what exactly is the special something on this video? She stroke his arm..... ok. This is not yet the proof for endless love, it could be a good friend, too.....
So she´having a good time! But new love? I am not yet convinced, I need more "proofs" here.
BYe bine

Iva 01-14-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bine221 (Post 1191252)
Hmmmm, she really deserves a new love after this "annus horribilis" for her. But I have had a look at the video: what exactly is the special something on this video? She stroke his arm..... ok. This is not yet the proof for endless love, it could be a good friend, too.....
So she´having a good time! But new love? I am not yet convinced, I need more "proofs" here.
BYe bine

Well that were exactly my thoughs after seeing the video. It looks more like a good friend then a new boyfriend. But you never know where a friendship can lead...

mattep74 01-15-2011 10:11 AM

In todays Aftonbladet they say something about Madde dating a stock-broker called Chris.

Also, they gave the name of the restaurant today, Boathouse in Central park NY and had their US correspondent sit in the same chair as Madeleine.

Have anyone been there? I checked it out online, but the menu didnt have prizes

marine2109 01-15-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Magdalena of Sweden, is excited again?
Magdalena de Suecia, ¿ilusionada de nuevo?

Google Google Translate

Torresita 01-15-2011 07:43 PM

Magdalena? There is a new princess in Sweden?
This shouldn't happen I think.. Publishing on internet, they can take a look at least on Google or Wiki before posting that or what..
PS in the translation by Google is Madeleine of Sweden.. At least Google knows..

I hope she has nothing to do with Stavros. She deserves someone else.. He seems to me like a playboy..

Iva 01-15-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torresita (Post 1192421)
This shouldn't happen I think.. Publishing on internet, they can take a look at least on Google or Wiki before posting that or what..
PS in the translation by Google is Madeleine of Sweden.. At least Google knows..

Magdalena is spanish form of Madeleine, they've just translated her name to spanish, therefore google translate gives the right form of the name. Hola is doing it regulary...

CrownPrincess5 01-16-2011 12:18 AM

Can somebody post the video again?
I can't seem to view it.

doric44 01-16-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torresita (Post 1192421)

I hope she has nothing to do with Stavros. She deserves someone else.. He seems to me like a playboy..

frankly i dont think it is he has been dating an Australian model jess hart ...this guy is most likely some stock broker from long island . who has no idea he has been going on dates with a princess ...

well that would be funny if thats how it is. maybe all he knows is that she is Madeleine from Sweden in NY working for the world childhood foundation

LadyFinn 01-16-2011 04:36 AM

A photo of the man in Madeleine´s life:
According to Expressen´s sources, the man is Christopher O´Neill, 36-year old vice president of a finance company. They have been dating for a while, but according to Madeleine´s friends, she is still single, at least officially.
"Madeleine är fortfarande singel" - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

And Aftonbladet tells the same.
Maddes nye kille - Chris | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Torresita 01-16-2011 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iva (Post 1192459)
Magdalena is spanish form of Madeleine, they've just translated her name to spanish, therefore google translate gives the right form of the name. Hola is doing it regulary...

Really? Sorry, my mistake.
I'm just very happy that our beloved Slovak newspapers haven't found it out yet. They translate lots of names and sometimes you don't know who are they talking about..

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1192606)
A photo of the man in Madeleine´s life:
According to Expressen´s sources, the man is Christopher O´Neill, 36-year old vice president of a finance company. They have been dating for a while, but according to Madeleine´s friends, she is still single, at least officially.
"Madeleine är fortfarande singel" - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

And Aftonbladet tells the same.
Maddes nye kille - Chris | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Does he even know that he is dating a princess? :D
Seems to be nice guy..

Lumutqueen 01-16-2011 06:46 AM

I can't see him not knowing who she is, and if she hasn't told him who she is then that's kinda manipulative.
I'm glad she's dating again, just wish she would come home and do her job.

mattep74 01-16-2011 08:32 AM

Mabye Madeleine hasnt told him that she is a princess to see if its her he is intressted in or her title. If there is something going on between them then this is someone that is used to official functions and the life in the spotlight from the story in todays Expressen.

Maybe Madeleine should avoid that place for a while now:)

Britters 01-16-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattep74 (Post 1192115)
Also, they gave the name of the restaurant today, Boathouse in Central park NY and had their US correspondent sit in the same chair as Madeleine.

Have anyone been there? I checked it out online, but the menu didnt have prizes

Most entrees will run you $20-50 USD, I would say. It's a beautiful location, and the food is delicious. Many go for the bar and views of the lake, especially, IMO, during the winter when you can see everything in it's beautiful snow covered glory.

biboquinhas 01-17-2011 07:43 AM

boathouse in central park I have been there during christmas holidays, there were just a few people there outside having a coffee, people that were wlaking there dogs, it is a very cosy house rigth in the meadle of central park...were you can hear the birds and see lots and lots of white snow!!

emmalisa 01-17-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1192632)
I can't see him not knowing who she is, and if she hasn't told him who she is then that's kinda manipulative.

I agree. I think it would be naiive to assume that he didn't know who Madeleine is.
I think he knows exactly who she is. :closedeye

KitKat2006 01-17-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmalisa (Post 1193118)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1192632)

I agree. I think it would be naiive to assume that he didn't know who Madeleine is.
I think he knows exactly who she is. :closedeye

Sorry, but I disagree. Not everyone is so much into royals that he (or she) recognizes them everywhere. So it could be possible that he really doesn't know who she is (the same happened with Mary and Frederik 10 years ago).

And I also don't think it's manipulativ that she maybe hasn't told him who she is. Maybe she just wants to be completely normal and not a big royal and just wants to know if he's really interested in her. Couldn't blame her.

NotAPretender 01-17-2011 10:50 AM

The NY Post has picked up the story:

Downtown money man is Swedish dish's Prince Charming - NYPOST.com

The Boathouse in NYC is actually very nice; if you would like to see it in film, check into "When Harry Met Sally." It is where Meg Ryan has lunch with her friends and tells them that she has broken up with her long-time boyfriend.

dbarn67 01-17-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat2006 (Post 1193134)
Sorry, but I disagree. Not everyone is so much into royals that he (or she) recognizes them everywhere. So it could be possible that he really doesn't know who she is (the same happened with Mary and Frederik 10 years ago).

And I also don't think it's manipulativ that she maybe hasn't told him who she is. Maybe she just wants to be completely normal and not a big royal and just wants to know if he's really interested in her. Couldn't blame her.

I agree, unless one is really into royalty (not just British royalty which is what's mostly reported on in the US) one wouldn't just recognize Princess Madeleine upon meeting her. Now, I don't believe that he'd be totally in the dark about her identity for long.