The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions and Updates (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f131/)
-   -   Bonjour from Paris, France (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f131/bonjour-from-paris-france-29886.html)

Madame de Jarrin 01-17-2011 09:25 AM

Bonjour from Paris, France
 
Hello All,
It is very nice to be included in such a lovely online discussion group. I look forward to being involved in stimulating and enlightening conversations regarding the history of the Royal Houses of Europe, especially that of my beloved France. Current affairs are fun to keep up with as well, but mostly, I adore the inspirational stories of grand personages who may serve as role models for us in the present. Sadly, some modern Royals, with the intense media that dogs their every step, have trouble fulfilling such lofty expectations as one is inclined to project onto Royalty. Though, those who still manage to rise above are, to me, quite fabulous and worthy of adoration.

May this find each and every one of you happy and well... and I'll see you out on the boards!

With warm regard,
Mme de Jarrin

Lenora 01-17-2011 10:11 AM

Bienvenue!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame de Jarrin (Post 1193112)
Hello All,
It is very nice to be included in such a lovely online discussion group. I look forward to being involved in stimulating and enlightening conversations regarding the history of the Royal Houses of Europe, especially that of my beloved France. Current affairs are fun to keep up with as well, but mostly, I adore the inspirational stories of grand personages who may serve as role models for us in the present. Sadly, some modern Royals, with the intense media that dogs their every step, have trouble fulfilling such lofty expectations as one is inclined to project onto Royalty. Though, those who still manage to rise above are, to me, quite fabulous and worthy of adoration.

May this find each and every one of you happy and well... and I'll see you out on the boards!

With warm regard,
Mme de Jarrin

You are Welcome to enjoy this Forum!
It's interesting for more to know more on France aristocracy and views on monarchy restoration,it will be delightful to share more knowledge on it!
Regards,Lenora

ThePrincessRoyal 01-17-2011 10:11 AM

Bonjour Madame de Jarrin, welcome!
:wave:

Madame de Jarrin 01-17-2011 10:54 AM

Merci beaucoup for the warm welcome, Lenora and Princess Royal!

Rascal 01-17-2011 10:59 AM

Thank you for such a happy and wonderful introduction and may you find great enjoyment here!

roseroyal 01-17-2011 11:04 PM

Hello Madame,
Ah Paris... home of the Phantom of the Opera!! My parents took me to Paris, when I graduated from high school, we went to London too. Paris is very different to where I live, but I liked it!
The Phantom reference is because I am a huge movie/ theater fan. My favorite type od movie is British historical drama. Right now I seem to be on a P of the O kick, and the theater in which that story takes place is really goregous. I need a new friend to chat to, so I hope to chat to you soon! BTW I do not speak or understand any French!

KPWillie 01-17-2011 11:23 PM

Welcome Madame! I hope you enjoy the forum and I'm looking forward to reading your input.

Madame de Jarrin 01-17-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rascal (Post 1193140)
Thank you for such a happy and wonderful introduction and may you find great enjoyment here!

Ah, friend Rascal, I see you too hail from a place named by the French... Lafayette! Viva la France! Well, I am certainly enchanted to meet you!

roseroyal 01-17-2011 11:58 PM

Madame, did you see my message?

Madame de Jarrin 01-17-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1193532)
Hello Madame,
Ah Paris... home of the Phantom of the Opera!! My parents took me to Paris, when I graduated from high school, we went to London too. Paris is very different to where I live, but I liked it!
The Phantom reference is because I am a huge movie/ theater fan. My favorite type od movie is British historical drama. Right now I seem to be on a P of the O kick, and the theater in which that story takes place is really gorgeous. I need a new friend to chat to, so I hope to chat to you soon! BTW I do not speak or understand any French!

Greetings Roseroyal! Oh yes, I too very much enjoyed the Phantom of the Opera... I'm thinking back... as I recall, the story takes place at Opera Garnier, correct? If so, I live only minutes away from this famous landmark. It most definitely is a gorgeous piece of architecture... some of the grandest in all of Paris... and that is saying something once one considers all the wondrous structures which abound here! Oo la la, as they say!:lol:

And yes, I can speak French, or should I say "oui, je peux parler le français".... et vous? It is a beautiful language, and I am so pleased that it was the official language of diplomacy during the height of Royal Europe!

Be well!
Mde J

Madame de Jarrin 01-18-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1193550)
Madame, did you see my message?

Oh yes! And thank you ever so much for the nice welcome!

roseroyal 01-18-2011 12:12 AM

You are welcome! What is French for Yes? because you are right the P of The O took place at Opera Garnier! How cool that you live right there!

roseroyal 01-18-2011 12:14 AM

And boy am I glad you know French! I do not!

Madame de Jarrin 01-18-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPWillie (Post 1193535)
Welcome Madame! I hope you enjoy the forum and I'm looking forward to reading your input.

Thank you KP! I know the forums will be wonderful!

Tah!
MdeJ

Madame de Jarrin 01-18-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1193556)
You are welcome! What is French for Yes? because you are right the P of The O took place at Opera Garnier! How cool that you live right there!

For "yes" you say, "wee" and it is spelled "oui", and I agree... living near the Opera house is wonderful! I was just there last Saturday walking to a movie theater nearby! They are renovating at the moment so much of the stonework is covered by scaffolding, but it will be so nice once it is finished that it is worth some ugly scaffolding!

MdeJ

QUEENECE29 01-18-2011 12:14 PM

Welcome to TRF, Bonjour Madame de Jarrin,
Paris is very beautiful and impressive city. I have visited many times and I'll go again.

De Lantenac 01-18-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame de Jarrin
Hello All,
It is very nice to be included in such a lovely online discussion group. I look forward to being involved in stimulating and enlightening conversations regarding the history of the Royal Houses of Europe, especially that of my beloved France. Current affairs are fun to keep up with as well, but mostly, I adore the inspirational stories of grand personages who may serve as role models for us in the present. Sadly, some modern Royals, with the intense media that dogs their every step, have trouble fulfilling such lofty expectations as one is inclined to project onto Royalty. Though, those who still manage to rise above are, to me, quite fabulous and worthy of adoration.

May this find each and every one of you happy and well... and I'll see you out on the boards!

With warm regard,
Mme de Jarrin

Bonjour je suis français

Madame de Jarrin 01-18-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 (Post 1193816)
Welcome to TRF, Bonjour Madame de Jarrin,
Paris is very beautiful and impressive city. I have visited many times and I'll go again.

The city misses you, I am sure! Hurry back!

Abientot,
MdeJ

Madame de Jarrin 01-18-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by De Lantenac (Post 1194077)
Bonjour je suis français

Bonjour! Je suis américaine, et mon mari est français. J'aime votre pays et je suis très heureux de vous rencontrer ici, à l'internet! Vous habitez où… à Paris? Nous habitons à la banlieue 92.

Enchanté,
MdeJ

Dierna23 01-19-2011 04:49 PM

Bonjour, chére Madame de Jarrin! :smile: Welcome to TRF, I hope you will enjoy your time here!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises