The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions and Updates (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f131/)
-   -   New Too - NASA Retiree (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f131/new-too-nasa-retiree-29883.html)

KPWillie 01-16-2011 09:59 PM

New Too - NASA Retiree

Hi, I'm new, too and am totally enjoying The Royals. I recently retired from NASA and am very excited to have more time for things I enjoy (like this site, for example). I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about The Royals.
And my favorite ice cream is ANY FLAVOR as long a it's Blue Bell (made in Texas).

Rascal 01-16-2011 10:15 PM

Hi, KPWillie, and welcome! So working at NASA you dealt with celestial stars...here we have some stars of our own LOL! I hope you enjoy your time here.

ThePrincessRoyal 01-16-2011 10:41 PM

Hello KPWillie! Welcome! NASA, wooow!! That's sooooo cool! :)

KPWillie 01-16-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rascal
Hi, KPWillie, and welcome! So working at NASA you dealt with celestial stars...here we have some stars of our own LOL! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Thanks, Rascal. I'm already enjoying it immensely!

KPWillie 01-16-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePrincessRoyal
Hello KPWillie! Welcome! NASA, wooow!! That's sooooo cool! :)

Thank you, The Princess Royal. I am so grateful for the experiences I had working in the Space Program. Now I am happy to have more time for myself and less stress and I am really enjoying this site.

ThePrincessRoyal 01-16-2011 11:36 PM

It's nice you have time for yourself now! I'm sure you've earned it. :) And I hope you enjoy it!

roseroyal 01-17-2011 11:25 PM

Howdy KPWillie!
That is a cool screen name! How did you come up with it? You worked for NASA hunh? Were you an astronaut?
I noticed you are a James Herriot fan. I know this is a Royal forum( and I do love to chat about Royals) but would you mind chatting about Herriot sometimes too?
My other friends who are Herriot fans on the ACGAS forum I belong to are often too busy to chat. I miss chatting to Herriot fans!

QUEENECE29 01-18-2011 12:17 PM

Hello KPWillie, Welcome TRF. NASA's interesting, unusual and should be different.

KPWillie 01-18-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal
Howdy KPWillie!
That is a cool screen name! How did you come up with it? You worked for NASA hunh? Were you an astronaut?
I noticed you are a James Herriot fan. I know this is a Royal forum( and I do love to chat about Royals) but would you mind chatting about Herriot sometimes too?
My other friends who are Herriot fans on the ACGAS forum I belong to are often too busy to chat. I miss chatting to Herriot fans!

Thanks, roseroyal. KPWillie is just my first 2 initials followed by the first part of my last name. I worked in the space program for many years but I wasn't an astronaut. I did get to work with some of them and I can tell you they are really nice people and a whole lot braver than I am! Yes, definitely, I would love to chat about Herriot sometime! I'm a bit rusty as it's been quite a while since I read the books, but I still have them and will dust them off soon and enjoy them all over again. That will be a joy!

KPWillie 01-18-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUEENECE29
Hello KPWillie, Welcome TRF. NASA's interesting, unusual and should be different.

Thanks, QUEENECE29. I am really enjoying TRF.

roseroyal 01-19-2011 01:29 AM

KP Willie, who is your favorite character in Herriot? Mine is the one and only Siegfried. We can chat more in the Herriot threads.