The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince William Current Events 22: January-April 29, 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-william-current-events-22-january-april-29-2011-a-29849.html)

Zonk 01-12-2011 10:09 PM

Prince William Current Events 22: January-April 29, 2011

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...mofWales-1.gif

Arms of HRH Prince William of Wales

Welcome to the Prince William current events thread part 24

commencing 12 January 2011

Part 23 covering the period January 2010 to December January 2011, can be found http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-26543-33.html.

Zonk 01-13-2011 07:15 AM

Prince William's courage comes to the forefront time and time again through his role as an RAF search-and-rescue pilot.

And it has recently come to light that the 28-year-old has lobbied Prime Minister David Cameron over controversial plans to privatise the service.
Prince William's courage comes to the forefront time and time again through his role as an RAF search-and-rescue pilot.

And it has recently come to light that the 28-year-old has lobbied Prime Minister David Cameron over controversial plans to privatise the service.

Prince William lobbied PM to save search-and-rescue | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

LadyFinn 01-16-2011 04:05 AM

Prince William has sent a message to David and Victoria Beckham to congratulate them on the news that they are expecting their fourth child.
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Showbiz :: Prince William sends congrats to David and Victoria Beckham

wbenson 02-10-2011 03:07 PM

Prince William becomes Colonel of the Irish Guards - Telegraph

Prince William has received his first honorary Army appointment - becoming Colonel of the Irish Guards.

roseroyal 02-10-2011 03:10 PM

Well done William!

Princess Robijn 02-10-2011 04:45 PM

Pressrelease from the official website of the Prince of Wales:

Quote:

Prince William appointed Colonel of the Irish Guards

10th February 2011
Her Majesty The Queen has been pleased to give her formal approval to the appointment of Prince William as Colonel of the Irish Guards.

Prince William will take over the appointment from Major General Sir Sebastian Roberts, KCVO OBE.

The regiment was formed in 1900 by order of Queen Victoria. Based in Victoria Barracks, Windsor, but currently deployed to Afghanistan, the Battalion is made up of five companies and a variety of supporting elements.

This is Prince Williamís first honorary appointment in the Army, and he will be the Irish Guardsí first Royal Colonel. The Queen is Colonel-in-Chief.

The Prince is also a fully operational Search and Rescue Pilot in the RAF, having graduated on 17th September 2010.

Further information:
Find out more about Prince Williamís military career

The Prince of Wales - Prince William appointed Colonel of the Irish Guards

KittyAtlanta 02-10-2011 04:56 PM

Now, he can wear that scarlet jacket at his wedding.

Skippy 02-10-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta (Post 1203566)

Just like Captain Mark Phillips did when he married Princess Anne. That scarlet jacket makes that I think he was the least attractive groom out of all of them.
I just don't find scarlet fitting for a groom on his wedding day, it doesn't fit with my mindset. Purely my opinion of course.

I'd much rather have William wear his RAF attire.

Tiggersk8 02-10-2011 06:42 PM

I'm surprised this is his first Colonel appt, as I thought that had happened already. Too, I could be confusing his being created Commodore of Scotland w/this as well.

Regardless, I can't wait for the first pictures of the new Colonel in his newest uniform. :)

edited to add...Already fixed the new rank, so please don't nail me for that one. I really hope he'll be in his Blues and Greys Uniform for the Wedding, but know it's pretty much a for sure thing he'll be in his RAF one.

ada 02-10-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta (Post 1203566)

Good one KittyAtlanta We'll have to 'wait and see' if you're right

Royal Fan 02-10-2011 07:15 PM

im sure he will at some point

Sherlock221B 02-10-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fan (Post 1203623)
im sure he will at some point

:previous:Look for him to be in his Irish Guards colonel full dress tunic as well as on horseback and not in a carriage, during Trooping of the Colour this coming June...

ghost_night554 02-22-2011 09:20 PM

is this alright being posted here?
Sarah Brown diaries: Saved by Prince William when she buckled under the strain. | Mail Online

MRSJ 02-22-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554

Oh this is somewhat neat- do all HRH travel with medical kits?

Sereta 02-26-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554 (Post 1208529)

Well that's interesting. Thx for posting it g_n.

wbenson 03-08-2011 06:06 PM

The Prince of Wales - Prince William to visit Australia and New Zealand - Thursday 17th to Monday 21st March 2011

Prince William is to pay a visit to New Zealand and to Australia on behalf of The Queen following the natural disasters in both countries. Prince William will visit following invitations extended by the Prime Minister of New Zealand and the Prime Minister of Australia.

Roslyn 03-08-2011 06:14 PM

:previous: Good to see. I think it will be very interesting to see the response from the people in the affected areas.

ghost_night554 03-08-2011 07:55 PM

Very good on William's part. He was pretty well received last time so I think/hope he will again this time and the people will appreciate him coming down and showing his support. I think he prob would have come down sooner but I imagine it may take some time to organize these things with his work and upcoming wedding to work around.

Madame Royale 03-08-2011 08:04 PM

Wonderful news. I imagine William will be the new pawn used for visits, especially to Australia. And I for one am glad of it.

Princejohnny25 03-08-2011 10:15 PM

I was chuffed to bits when I heard William wld be coming down to Christchurch and am even more pleased to see him going to Oz as well. I wld have liked to see Kate along but I feel that wld have been a distraction from these sombre events.