The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Announcements and Admin (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Problems staying logged in (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/problems-staying-logged-in-29633.html)

Polly 10-16-2007 07:24 PM

falling off line
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth (Post 389233)
Dennis, is this something new? Once you ask it to remember you, it shouldn't matter what you're doing, you should stay logged in until you manually log out.

Just to say that this problem which you discussed last year has, for the past couple of weeks, been a most annoying problem for me. For no discernible reason, I suddenly need to log in, time and time again, even after ticking 'remember me'. I often just give up and go away as I'm frequently pressed for time, though I've had a few spares hours over the last two days. The problem was persisting yesterday and today, however.

Elspeth 10-16-2007 10:14 PM

What browser are you using? Can you try with another one and see if it still happens?

Polly 10-17-2007 03:35 AM

I'm using Mozilla Firefox and haven't had any problems with it over the years. I guess that I could try again with the most common browser and risk a death-threat from the family (lack of security, they insist). The firewall, anti-virii, anti-trojan, anti-malware, anti everything else us all up to date and TRF is the only thing which is behaving in a recalcitrant manner. Actually, it's only a major irritation when I'm pressed for time, but still, it shouldn't happen.

Thanks for the reply.

Elspeth 10-17-2007 12:05 PM

I suppose you've done all the obvious things like clearing your browser cache? I'll let Andy know this is still happening, but I'm not sure we ever figured out last year why it was happening to people who were clicking the "Remember Me" button.

Lady Jennifer 10-17-2007 06:59 PM

I've had the same problem. I have to log in everytime I open a browser....but my issue is happening with other forums/sites as well. So I think my problem is my computer.

Dennism 10-19-2007 12:38 PM

It happens now and then still. It must be the browser. I use Opera.

iowabelle 10-19-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polly (Post 680980)
Just to say that this problem which you discussed last year has, for the past couple of weeks, been a most annoying problem for me. For no discernible reason, I suddenly need to log in, time and time again, even after ticking 'remember me'. I often just give up and go away as I'm frequently pressed for time, though I've had a few spares hours over the last two days. The problem was persisting yesterday and today, however.

I have the same issue. :neutral:

Elspeth 10-19-2007 03:15 PM

What browser are you using?

LadyGabrielle 12-15-2007 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer (Post 681377)
I've had the same problem. I have to log in everytime I open a browser....but my issue is happening with other forums/sites as well. So I think my problem is my computer.

Hi all. Well I just joined in November and the site keeps logging me out as well. I use Firefox. It is annoying considering I cant get through a forum or site for very long without having to log back in. Did anyone figure out what it is yet?Its driving me nuts!:bang:

Elspeth 12-15-2007 01:42 AM

If you're hitting Remember Me when you log in and you're still getting logged out, you might want to try clearing your cookies. I don't know if it'll work, but someone on another board was having the same problem and the admins there suggested clearing cookies, and apparently it worked in that case.

LadyGabrielle 12-15-2007 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth (Post 705153)
If you're hitting Remember Me when you log in and you're still getting logged out, you might want to try clearing your cookies. I don't know if it'll work, but someone on another board was having the same problem and the admins there suggested clearing cookies, and apparently it worked.

Thanks for the response. Im still somewhat ignorant when it comes to the computer. How do I do that? Sorry.:ohmy:

Elspeth 12-15-2007 02:38 AM

At the top left of the page you should see the following:

File .. Edit .. History .. Bookmarks .. Tools .. Help

Click on Tools, then in the drop-down menu click Clear Private Data, click on Cookies to tick the box, and then click the Clear Private Data Now button. Doesn't hurt to also clear your cache at the same time.

Be warned that clearing cookies will automatically log you out of websites that you're logged into, because cookies are how websites remember that you're signed in. However, it'll also get rid of a bunch of stuff from advertisers, so it's worth doing once in a while.

hrhcp 12-15-2007 06:20 AM

falling off line
 
I keep falling off line.

That is, on a repeated basis, I have to log in again, and again. It is an irritant, not conducive to enhancing the enjoyment.

I am wondering if it has to do with a software compatibility issue. For your information, I am using Mozilla Firefox.

Avalon 12-15-2007 06:29 AM

Try to check 'remember me' box, when logging in.
But make sure to log out, if you are using public computer. If it's a private one, and you click 'remember me', you will automatically be logged on every time you visit the Board.

hrhcp 12-15-2007 06:45 AM

Thanks. I will try that.

Second irritant: how do I get rid of that pop-up advert window (permanently)?

Warren 12-15-2007 07:31 AM

The pop-up must be targeted at certain territories as I'm not getting it.

Avalon 12-15-2007 07:35 AM

Neither do I, even though I have allowed Popups for this Board.

LadyGabrielle 12-15-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth (Post 705161)
At the top left of the page you should see the following:

File .. Edit .. History .. Bookmarks .. Tools .. Help

Click on Tools, then in the drop-down menu click Clear Private Data, click on Cookies to tick the box, and then click the Clear Private Data Now button. Doesn't hurt to also clear your cache at the same time.

Be warned that clearing cookies will automatically log you out of websites that you're logged into, because cookies are how websites remember that you're signed in. However, it'll also get rid of a bunch of stuff from advertisers, so it's worth doing once in a while.

Thank you Elspeth. I will try it now.:flowers:

Glistening Seas 12-15-2007 07:03 PM

Glistening seas
 
:flowers: you can x the box that says remember me and see if that helps :eek::biggrin:

Elspeth 12-16-2007 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrhcp (Post 705206)
Thanks. I will try that.

Second irritant: how do I get rid of that pop-up advert window (permanently)?

Do you mean an actual popup, or are you talking about these new banner ads which expand to cover half the page if you mouse over them or otherwise get their attention? Far as I know, you shouldn't be getting popups when you're signed in.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises