The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   General Royal Discussion (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Monarchist and Republican organisations (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f12/monarchist-and-republican-organisations-29470.html)

mattep74 12-09-2010 04:08 PM

Monarchist and Republican organisations

Sweden have a fairly strong and PR-minded republican organisation that have opinion polls upon opinion polls and i was woundering the following:
Does other monarchies in this board also have such movement and how does the popularity of the monarchy poll in other countries?

If i posted this wrong, i apologize

Esmerelda 12-12-2010 09:57 AM

The UK has a republican organisation called Republic UK.

Smart 12-21-2010 10:42 AM

Courtesy of:
Code:

http://www.constitution.org/cs_repub.htm
Note - while Burma and Iran are not declared Monarchies, they do function like Absolute Monarchs.
Note2- the bolded ones are the organizations with the most support/power.
Note3 - as to their power - It has been reported 20% of people in Norway support Norwegian Republicanism. And there are a couple polls for the rest.

oneofthem 12-27-2010 12:41 AM

Despite the many failings of monarchies and such, I have never known anywhere in history where a republic has been run any better, despite all the hype and nonsense you hear about it. Also, despite everything mentioned to the contrary, they're are rife with class systems of all sorts of manner and form. It's the same old idioms over and over again....the more things change, the more they stay the same....and....in a "classless" society everyone is "equal", but there will always be some who are more "equal" than others. They are no better, and in many cases even worse, than most monarchies. There is a good case for the existence of an institution that is beyond politics but can intervene when that political system becomes moribund, corrupt and/or overreaches itself. An institution that represents all of the people and their interests and not just the interests of a particular organisation or party. I'm afraid the modern institution of government is not that organisation. Even less are the political parties which underpin it.

Iluvbertie 12-27-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneofthem (Post 1181216)
There is a good case for the existence of an institution that is beyond politics but can intervene when that political system becomes moribund, corrupt and/or overreaches itself. An institution that represents all of the people and their interests and not just the interests of a particular organisation or party. I'm afraid the modern institution of government is not that organisation. Even less are the political parties which underpin it.

However the type of monarchy we have in Australia is a do nothing because we can do anything ever monarchy.

The monarchs are just figureheads with no power or authority so regardless of what they think of the government and its laws the monarch can't do anything about a political systme that is moribund, corrupt and/or overreaches itself.

pgm1952 06-06-2011 10:51 PM

The institution of monarchy is so large and complex that to replace it with a republic would mean a change in the entire fabric of government and way of life for hundreds of thousands of people. It has to be said with all due respect to politicians, that none of them in the respective monarchical systems of the world seem to have the courage or brass or whatever you want to call it to despose of a system that has always been there and always seems to be popular (even marginally so) and always finds a way to give value for money. A republic sounds more sleek and less weighed down with the trappings of state but a monarchy gives a special kind of shine to a country that a purely elected government can go only so far to give it's people. It's as if a monarchy should act as a combined PR/political referee elevated branch of the elected government in the respective countries.

NotHRH 06-12-2011 10:16 PM

To change the form of government in almost any country these days, the costs would be insurmountable.
Because of the inaccessibly of royals, it simply adds to a person's fascination with royalty in general. I myself wonder the purpose of having, and therefore the upkeep of, a royal family in any country. A good tabloid 'read,' itself an oxymoron, is purpose not of a royal family. Emotions definitely come into play concerning royals and their 'subjects.'

Sit 07-24-2011 12:50 AM

I do not understand the modern world ! Why Republic is not monarchical system?
Republic = King public figure !!!
Parliamentary genius who has invented this ? - two thousand years illiteracy is a problem of the modern world ?

Duke-of-Earl 12-29-2012 07:52 PM

The Monarchist League of Canada / La Ligue monarchiste du Canada
Quote:

The Monarchist League of Canada is a group of your friends and neighbours from across the country, united in their interest in and loyalty towards Canada’s constitutional monarchy. As an inclusive and outward-looking organization, the League is strengthened by the diverse backgrounds and experiences of its members, and is able to project its message nationally in a contemporary manner owing to its credibility and high visibility in the Canadian media.

Blog Real 07-05-2014 09:45 PM

I don't understand why people comment on Republican here. But ready.

I think the main institution which supports the monarchy in Portugal is the Royal cause.

https://www.facebook.com/CAUSAREAL?ref=ts&fref=ts
Causa Real | Monarquia Portugal