The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Genealogy (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f96/)
-   -   Descendants of Vlad Tepes (aka Vlad the Impaler) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f96/descendants-of-vlad-tepes-aka-vlad-the-impaler-29441.html)

anastasia ana 12-03-2010 05:52 PM

Descendants of Vlad Tepes (aka Vlad the Impaler)

Twilight star Robert Pattinson is Vlad Tepes' relative

"British star Robert Pattinson, best known for his vampire part in the highly successful franchise "Twilight", is a distant relative of Vlad the Impaler, also known as Count Dracula, the blood-thirsty vampire in 1897's Bram Stoker novel, Mediafax says, quoting Ancestry.com experts."

SOURCE Twilight star Robert Pattinson is Vlad Tepes' relative-

Lenora 12-03-2010 05:54 PM

I don't think so,it's hardly difficult to establish the correct bloodline,as it's well-known that Vlad the Dracula had no direct descendants

anastasia ana 12-03-2010 06:21 PM

i dont think ,either,

strange for sure, here another article:
http://www.wambie.com/tuttifrutti_us...w_en-3060.html

nascarlucy 12-06-2010 08:03 PM

I'm assuming by the comments here that vlad tepes alias dracula didn't have any children. Did he had brothers or sisters?

Lenora 12-07-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nascarlucy (Post 1171396)
I'm assuming by the comments here that vlad tepes alias dracula didn't have any children. Did he had brothers or sisters?

Yes.he had a brother,maybe some unofficial siblings as well.She had an illegitimate son with a woman from noble family,called Coltsuna

anastasia ana 12-07-2010 09:47 AM

Thank you dear Ascarlucy

For your question,
As we learnt in my country,VLAD,THE IMPALER-Vlad Tepes,inspiration of DRACULA,had two sons.In 1508 Dracula's oldest son ,VLAD made a strike for the Throne of Wallachia,but was beaten back by MIHNEA,who claimed to be an illegitimate son of Dracula.Of his two sons,only one married.

Lumutqueen 12-07-2010 09:48 AM

Ridiculous, the stories are trying to promote the film.

Lenora 12-07-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anastasia ana (Post 1171546)
For your question,
As we learnt in my country,VLAD,THE IMPALER-Vlad Tepes,inspiration of DRACULA,had two sons.In 1508 Dracula's oldest son ,VLAD made a strike for the Throne of Wallachia,but was beaten back by MIHNEA,who claimed to be an illegitimate son of Dracula.Of his two sons,only one married.

It will be interesting to know his bloodline(genealogy) till nowadays

oneofthem 12-08-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenora (Post 1171643)
It will be interesting to know his bloodline(genealogy) till nowadays

There'd be millions of people descended from Vlad alive today. Most wouldn't be able to trace their ancestry but those fortunate enough to be related to the any of the royal families in some way would be able to. So, there's millions of "blood suckers" wandering about....so much for them being sensitive to sunlight!!!!:biggrin::tongue:

If anyone is interested, here's some posts from soc.genealogy.medieval to look at...

Vlad Tepes/Dracula line

lineage of Vlad Tepes

Vlad the Impaler

Nathalie Cox 12-09-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1171547)
Ridiculous, the stories are trying to promote the film.

Agree! This can't be true...the chance are one in a million! But it's funny to read.
I like the link of Vlad's genealogy, i'll take a look after.

oneofthem 12-10-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox (Post 1172448)
Agree! This can't be true...the chance are one in a million! But it's funny to read.
I like the link of Vlad's genealogy, i'll take a look after.

Why can't it be true....just because they're using it to promote the film. If he is in any way related to royalty, then he'll have some connection to the Impaler.

As a matter of fact, you are probably related to him...the chances are quite good if you've traced your own ancestry back and found royal/noble connections.

Also, if you want to know where they got the appellation "Dracul" from, it's actually not anything to do with the "son of the devil" or anything like that. There is an obscure chivalric order called "The Sovereign Order of the Dragon". It's an Eastern European chivalric order, very similar to the Teutonic Order, but specifically obtains to southern Poland, Ukraine, Romania (especially), Moldavia etc. The heads of the order are known as "draculs"....dragons. It has nothing to do with the devil. "Count Dracula" just means a count that was the son of a dracul, or senior member/head of the order. It's no different to giving a girl the surname "Ivanova" after her father, who would be "...." Ivanov.

Might come of some interest, but Prince Charles is a member of the order:smile:

anastasia ana 12-10-2010 05:44 PM

Yes, thank you ONEOFTHEM, i found this explanation for the name
"Vlad, or Dracula, was born in 1431 in Transylvania into a noble family. His father was called "Dracul," meaning "dragon" or "devil" in Romanian because he belonged to the Order of the Dragon, which fought the Muslim Ottoman Empire.

"Dracula" means "son of Dracul" in Romanian. Therefore young Vlad was "son of the dragon" or "son of the devil." Scholars believe this was the beginning of the legend that Dracula was a vampire."

This was taken from www.infoplease.com

The Symbolism and Meaning of Dragons
By Kathleen Karlsen, MA
√ Updated: September 14, 2010
Introduction to Dragon Meaning
More than any other image, the dragon is associated with the Orient. A symbol of the emperor himself, the dragon was master of all of the elements of nature. The sinuous dragon can take many forms and can be victorious in any circumstance. The dragon is often used in corporate logos and can be either male or female.

Origin of the name "Dracula": VLAD TEPES - The Historical Dracula

Nathalie Cox 12-10-2010 07:57 PM

Well, i would be very impressed if i'm related to Vlad. Pattison on the other hand...i think he has more chances to be related to him than me! lol.
But yeah, it could be true. Everything is possible :smile:

oneofthem 12-15-2010 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox (Post 1173184)
Well, i would be very impressed if i'm related to Vlad. Pattison on the other hand...i think he has more chances to be related to him than me! lol.
But yeah, it could be true. Everything is possible :smile:

Have you traced out your family history?? You never know who you might be related to until you do:biggrin:

oneofthem 12-15-2010 04:24 AM

Here's a fairly complete genealogy of the Bassaraba Family...

Vlad and Family

and a little bit about the Order...

Order of the Dragon

anastasia ana 12-17-2010 07:28 PM

I found an interesting link where it is mentioned TEPES"s relationship with a very nice 17 old girl from CORONA (BRASOV today),named KATHARINA
Daughter of Thomas Siegel, zunftmeister Seilergrasse and of Susannei,born Fronius, Katharina was considered the nicest girl of CORONA .from the transylvanian chronicle it is mentioned that from their relationship were born 5 children :Vladislav "Laszlo" (n. 1456), Catherina (n. 1459) , Christian (n. 1461), Hanna (n. 1463) si Sigismund (n. 1468), and Tepes took care of all his descendents , as it si found in the acts of year 1850 of families Draguly, Laszlo (Ladislau) or Siegel .
source :Vlad Tepes - Personalitati transilvanene - Transilvania Online

Marc23 01-20-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneofthem (Post 1172613)
Might come of some interest, but Prince Charles is a member of the order:smile:

Not just that...Prince Charles is,like the majority of royals,a direct descendant of Vlad Dracul,Duke of Wallachia who was Dracula's father...here is his line:

Vlad II Dracul,"Vlad the Dragon",Duke of Wallachia,ruled from 1430-1446
I
Vlad IV ''the Monk",Duke of Wallachia,lived from 1435-1495
I
Radu IV "the Great",Duke of Wallachia,lived from 1467-1508
I
Mircea III "the Shepherd",Duke of Wallachia,died in 1559
I
Princess Stanca Basarab of Wallachia
I
Semphira Logofat de Szaszebes,died in 1602
I
Adam Racz de Galgo
I
Peter Racz de Galgo
I
Christina Racz de Galgo
I
Katalin Kuun de Osdola
I
Agnes Kendeffy de Malomviz,born in 1727
I
Baron Gregor Inczédy de Nagy-Varad,died in 1816
I
Baroness Agnes Inczedy de Nagy Varad,lived from 1788-1856
I
Countess Claudine Rhedey de Kis-Rhede,lived from 1812-1841
I
Duke Franz von Teck,lived from 1837-1900
I
Princess Victoria Mary of Teck,lived from 1867-1953
I
King George VI of Great Britain,lived from 1895-1952
I
Elizabeth II,Queen of Great Britain,born in 1926
I
Charles,Prince of Wales,born in 1948

PrincessKaimi 07-28-2011 12:21 AM

Crazy amazing if QE is related to Vlad!

Marc23 07-28-2011 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi (Post 1293280)
Crazy amazing if QE is related to Vlad!

Yes,she is a direct descendant of his father,Vlad "the Dracul"!

PrincessKaimi 07-29-2011 08:15 PM

Very cool genealogical info. And while Queen Elizabeth displays no bloodsucking tendencies, she does manage to come across as someone who should be in charge (control) of something. A dash of that fierce blood does seem to show in her! (At the time Vlad and his father lived, other monarchs were writing and visiting him for tips on how to rule s sternly as he did).