The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Catherine Middleton Current Events 1: November 2010-April 29, 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/catherine-middleton-current-events-1-november-2010-april-29-2011-a-29300.html)

Warren 11-16-2010 03:02 PM

Catherine Middleton Current Events 1: November 2010-April 29, 2011

Welcome to the first solo

Catherine Middleton current events thread

beginning 16 November 2010

wbenson 11-18-2010 12:14 AM

Prince William and Kate Middleton to have Royal wedding at Westminster Abbey | Mail Online

Prince William and Kate Middleton are to marry at Westminster Abbey, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Our exclusive picture shows Kate, 28, paying a secret visit last night to the historic church that witnessed Princess Diana’s funeral.

It also became increasingly likely that the wedding will take place in March.

Marika86 11-18-2010 02:23 PM

Kate will not join royals at Sandringham this Xmas | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

Lumutqueen 11-18-2010 02:38 PM

It is truely nice how Hello! explain to obvious. ;)

Lumutqueen 11-21-2010 01:24 PM

I don't know where to put this,
Anne Hathaway plays Kate Middleton in a VERY racy Saturday Night Live skit | Mail Online

Sonjapearl 11-21-2010 02:24 PM

I just watched the skit on Hulu.com. It was actually quite funny.

Sister Morphine 11-21-2010 02:30 PM

Anne did a great job on the show period.

BritishRoyals 11-21-2010 02:35 PM

12 year old Kate Middleton SINGING as Eliza Doolittle in a school play. NOTW is a paid site, but registering with a credit card willl give you free credit, which means you won't actually be spending to view it.

https://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/iam...hool-play.html

Helen Anna 11-21-2010 02:43 PM

Lumutqueen i saw that too.And all i have to say about Hathaway is ''Ha ha,very funny''.Kate Middleton was anxious during their interview,so what? They JUST got engaged so having a little respect wouldn't harm anyone. Hathaway was ridiculous. Frankly,i always thought she's ugly as hell.She should really mind her own business (jailed boyfriend,etc)

Lumutqueen 11-21-2010 02:50 PM

They might have JUST got engaged, but they have been in the limelight for 4 years.
I don't know what Anne Hathaways looks have got to do with anything, plus Catherine and William's business, is now everyones business. She did a sketch about Katie Holmes as well. The fact that one of her exes is in jail, has what bearing on the fact she made a sketch about Catherine?

Sister Morphine 11-21-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen Anna (Post 1163993)
Lumutqueen i saw that too.And all i have to say about Hathaway is ''Ha ha,very funny''.Kate Middleton was anxious during their interview,so what? They JUST got engaged so having a little respect wouldn't harm anyone. Hathaway was ridiculous. Frankly,i always thought she's ugly as hell.She should really mind her own business (jailed boyfriend,etc)

You do know what satire is, right? That's what SNL does. They poke fun at celebrities/famous people and yes, that's who and what she is.

You're taking this entirely too seriously and slandering Anne Hathaway is just obscene.

cd_1 11-21-2010 02:58 PM

^its in poor taste to call someone "ugly as hell".

Amelia 11-21-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen Anna (Post 1163993)

It was all done in harmless fun. You really shouldn't take it seriously. I'm sure William and Kate would have no problem getting the joke. :flowers:

ZaJa 11-21-2010 03:10 PM

aww lol it was hilarious! The way they made fun of the queen and Philip lol. It was pretty harmless.

Nice to see the new thread.

Helen Anna 11-21-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd_1 (Post 1164004)
^its in poor taste to call someone "ugly as hell".

Oh,I don’t know how this one slipped me! I guess when you constantly make fun of others you have to deal with criticism too.
I don’t find that funny or satirical : ''A crass Prince Phillip, played by SNL regular Bill Hader, even advised Kate: 'When it comes to being a wife, when you're out there waving to a parade, you be Princess Di, you be Princess Grace. But in the bedroom think Fergie.''

Whatever people,the entire scetch was a huge fail imo.

cd_1 11-21-2010 03:19 PM

^what Anne Hathaway did was in jest. What you said was a serious comment.

Lumutqueen 11-21-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen Anna (Post 1164015)
Whatever people,the entire scetch was a huge fail imo.

If the sketch was to make people laugh or to watch it, then it's hardly a fail is it?
As it made people laugh, and people watched it.

Skippy 11-21-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1164041)
If the sketch was to make people laugh or to watch it, then it's hardly a fail is it?
As it made people laugh, and people watched it.

I suppose it's not the kind of humor that Helen Anna appreciates, although I find the name-calling heavily inappropriate. And I know what SNL is famous for.

Sister Morphine 11-21-2010 04:02 PM

I can appreciate a difference in sense of humor, there's a lot of things I don't really find humorous that other people do.......but that doesn't mean I call someone "ugly as hell" and say they should mind their own business, when they're on a satirical TV show that's whole job is making fun of famous people.

Now if Anne went on Conan O'Brien's show or Jay Leno or something and did some really rude humor about someone....okay, that would be crossing a line. However this is what SNL does and has done for 35 years. This is rather tame in comparison to how they've skewered other, more famous people in the past, including American Presidents.

avrilo 11-22-2010 12:46 AM

I can't see the skit!!! Is anyone else experiencing trouble due your area? Does anyone have a link??