The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f267/)
-   -   Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress suggestions and musings (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f267/catherine-middleton-wedding-dress-suggestions-and-musings-29289.html)

Catherine Helvin 11-18-2010 07:56 AM

Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress suggestions and musings

If you could design a wedding dress for Kate Middleton, what would it be like?

I'd give her a full, flowing skirt (not necessarily sticking out like Diana's) with a nice long train and veil. The neckline would be a scoop neck with a lace overlay embroidered with sequins.

The veil would be attached to the tiara and over her face until after the formalities are over.

Over to you.

(mods, if there's a similar topic on here, my apologies)

scooter 11-18-2010 10:22 AM

I think it's fairly likely that it will have a v neckline, as that seems to be Kate's favorite. It is also quite flattering.

SASSY 11-18-2010 01:45 PM

I see her in something close to the body. A silky almost a 30's type feel dress (but not satin) with a long train and even longer veil. I can't see her with the veil over the face until William lifts it to kiss the bride (I think that type of veil is called a "blusher"). That would be too much like Di. :princess:

Krisotter 11-18-2010 04:04 PM

I'm thinking a dress like Mette-Marit's, but with a V-neck instead of square. The fit, showing the figure, yet having a flowing skirt, would seem to suit Catherine's signature look. Please, please someone tell her she shouldn't wear a jacket like Letizia's that overwhelms her frame!

KittyAtlanta 11-18-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SASSY (Post 1162113)
I see her in something close to the body. A silky almost a 30's type feel dress (but not satin) with a long train and even longer veil. I can't see her with the veil over the face until William lifts it to kiss the bride (I think that type of veil is called a "blusher"). That would be too much like Di. :princess:

No kiss in the church. It just ain't done.

Catherine Helvin 11-20-2010 09:40 AM

The part of the veil that covers the bride's face is called a blusher. As for lifting the veil, Diana's was cut off after the formalities were over.

Madame Royale 11-22-2010 12:39 AM

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ddinggown1.jpg

4Pam 11-22-2010 12:47 AM

Very nice dress Madame Royale! I really like it!

I'd like to see her in a dress similar to Ivanka Trump's wedding dress. Classic, elegant & timeless.

Catherine Helvin 11-22-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Royale (Post 1164219)

I'm not mad on that style of skirt but it does look good on her. It definitely needs a long veil and train or William and Kate might as well get married in an ordinary parish church or register office.

Madame Royale 11-22-2010 07:50 AM

Naturally, on both accounts.

I should hope Catherine decides to wear her hair as a chignon, and accordingly has a veil of chantilly lace mounted atop of her hair, underneath (or just behind) whichever tiara is chosen.

Zonk 11-22-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madame Royale (Post 1164219)

That is a beautiful dress.:flowers: Why does it remind me of the dress Leslie Caron wore in Gigi? But I think Kate will wear a bolero or something.

Stefan 11-22-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Helvin (Post 1163165)
The part of the veil that covers the bride's face is called a blusher. As for lifting the veil, Diana's was cut off after the formalities were over.

But Dianas and Sarahs Veil where lifted when they signed the Wedding register out of the eye of the Cameras. Only in Sophie's case it was lifted earlier. Diana was the only who wore the tiara over the Veil in Sarah
s case the tiara was covered by flwers but this was under the Veil and also Sophie had the tiara under the Veil. But perhaps Kate will have no Veil over her face at all.

Madame Royale 11-22-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

That is a beautiful dress.:flowers: Why does it remind me of the dress Leslie Caron wore in Gigi?
Oh THAT evening gown :heart2: That is one of my all time favourite pieces of cinematic couture.

The bodice of either gown is certainly not dissimilar. Well noted, Zonk :smile:

Marika86 11-22-2010 09:19 AM

'Everybody in the world wants to do it': David Emanuel on designing a dress for Kate | hellomagazine.com

salma 11-22-2010 10:08 AM

Hello-Hola Gallery with some dresses:
Galería de imágenes - Foto 1 - Bodas reales: ¿Cómo será el vestido de novia de Kate Middleton?

SASSY 11-22-2010 01:43 PM

Galería de imágenes - Foto 2 - Bodas reales: ¿Cómo será el vestido de novia de Kate Middleton?

I love this silhouette for Kate except I don't care for the train starting at her shoulders. Of course Stephane Rolland isn't British. He did a gorgeous (IMO) grey 50's style dress for Shieka Moza when she visited England with her husband.

salma 11-22-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SASSY (Post 1164568)
Galería de imágenes - Foto 2 - Bodas reales: ¿Cómo será el vestido de novia de Kate Middleton?

I love this silhouette for Kate except I don't care for the train starting at her shoulders. Of course Stephane Rolland isn't British. He did a gorgeous (IMO) grey 50's style dress for Shieka Moza when she visited England with her husband.

Too QRania has his dresses. I like too the 1st dress.

qui mal y pense 11-22-2010 04:57 PM

Funny that no one is suggesting Catherine Walker. She was Diana's favorite designer and she's British.
I think that Church etiquette will require that she wear a gown with sleeves and a decolletage that's not too open. I think that's why Sophie wore a coat that she probably removed for the reception.

mrsbugman 11-22-2010 05:27 PM

It would be a little difficult for Catherine Walker to design a wedding dress for Catherine Middleton. As she died a few weeks ago. However some designer might use one of her designs as an inspiration, or a starting point.

Catherine Helvin 11-23-2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1164366)
But perhaps Kate will have no Veil over her face at all.

We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?