The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels General Discussion (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/)
-   -   Suggested jewels for Crown Princess Mary to celebrate the birth of twins (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/suggested-jewels-for-crown-princess-mary-to-celebrate-the-birth-of-twins-29203.html)

dee4855 11-10-2010 05:03 PM

Suggested jewels for Crown Princess Mary to celebrate the birth of twins

Any guess on what the "push" gift will be for the twins? After delivering #2 it better be big and shiny. lol

UserDane 11-10-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee4855 (Post 1157937)
Any guess on what the "push" gift will be for the twins? After delivering #2 it better be big and shiny. lol

I wish Frederik would, could, buy the midnight tiara for her :-)

dee4855 11-10-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserDane (Post 1157942)

Oh...I forgot about that. That would be wonderful. She is so beautiful when she wears it.:flowers:

dee4855 11-10-2010 05:15 PM

I was thinking about the beautiful diamond bracelet she wore to V&D's wedding that matches her earrings. If it was loaned that would make a nice little gift. The tiara would be much better though.

rubies 11-10-2010 05:42 PM

I would love to see some type of suite of diamonds. Like a diamond tennis necklace and matching bracelet. Something she can wear throughout her life as something we will always remember saying "she got that with the twins" I think it should be important enough for formal occasions but also wearable to cocktail parties.
Any other ideas?

prince.of.preslav 11-11-2010 01:06 PM

Nice suggstions, but isn't it customary for the Danish royal ladies to receive sapphire jewellery for the birth of a child? I'd love to see a pair of sapphire earrings and (or) a bracelet. Maybe with some pears to match Mary's brooch. A diamond tennis necklace (like rubies suggested) with a sapphire pendant (a bit like Diana's) would also be a good choice, IMO.

Bobby

dee4855 11-11-2010 03:43 PM

I did not realize that sapphires were the chosen gift. It would be nice then with the diamond tennis necklace with a beautiful sapphire and pearl pendant. Matching tennis bracelet. Mary does love her pearl earrings. They would be lovely with a sapphire drop added.

salma 11-11-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

The tiara will be great gift for her.
What jewels received Mary when Christian and Isabella born?

jonc93 11-11-2010 05:19 PM

If Sapphire is the gemstone of choice and I was picking the gifts would pick these ( 1 being first choice etc..)

1. Antique graduated sapphire, pearl and diamond scroll cluster necklace, c.1880 - S J Phi...
2. Antique sapphire and diamond bow brooch, c.1900 - S J Phillips Ltd Dealers in fine anti...
3. Sapphire and diamond bracelet by Greenleaf & Crosby Co., American - S J Phillips Ltd De...
4. Pair of antique sapphire and diamond pendant earrings, c.1900 - S J Phillips Ltd Dealer...

dee4855 11-11-2010 05:31 PM

I could be forced :biggrin: to take any of your selections. I am like you #1 is my favorite since it also has pearls. It would be wonderful if it could also be converted into a tiara since I do not remember a sapphire tiara. Beautiful choices. :flowers:

dee4855 11-11-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salma (Post 1158342)
The tiara will be great gift for her.
What jewels received Mary when Christian and Isabella born?

I am not for sure. I just know someone will show up and let us both know. lol :flowers:

prince.of.preslav 11-11-2010 05:52 PM

When Prince Christian was born The Queen gave Princess Mary a sapphire, pearl and diamond brooch that had belonged to Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden - The brooch. And when Princess Isabella was born Frederik gave her a pendant with light blue and pink stones (AFAIK sapphires, but they may also be topazes) - The pendant

Bobby

prince.of.preslav 11-11-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Indeed a new tiara would a very much appreciated by us jewellery addicts. But why buy the Midnight tiara when The Crown Princess can borrow it from the jeweller whenever she wants to?

dee4855 11-11-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav (Post 1158389)
When Prince Christian was born The Queen gave Princess Mary a sapphire, pearl and diamond brooch that had belonged to Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden - The brooch. And when Princess Isabella was born Frederik gave her a pendant with light blue and pink stones (AFAIK sapphires, but they may also be topazes) - The pendant

Bobby

Do you know what the Prince gave her for the birth of Christian? TIA:flowers:

prince.of.preslav 11-11-2010 06:18 PM

:previous:

I'm sorry, but I don't know. You can ask in Mary's jewellery thread, though.

Regards,
Bobby

salma 11-11-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav (Post 1158389)

Bobby

Thanks I knew about the brooch, but not the pendant. :flowers:

RubyPrincess168 11-12-2010 03:33 AM

I thought there was a ring too for the birth of Princess Isabella. I really like the pendant CP Mary received for P. Isabella's birth - adding on to it would probably be too much, but maybe some "matching" earrings? Or a tennis bracelet with the birthstones of the whole family?

Tarlita 11-12-2010 09:56 PM

I like all the suggestions so far. I would love to see her receive some nice sapphire jewelry. But Fred's cousin Crown Princess Marie Chantal, designed those diamond little girl and little boy pendants and they look very cute. Maybe he could get a discount on those.

RubyPrincess168 11-13-2010 03:07 AM

I don't like those. I think they look rather tacky, but maybe that's because they've been reproduced for the masses with birthstones, artifical birthstones, etc. Plus have we ever seen Marie Chantal wearing them? Or does she just claim to wear them to seel them?

UserDane 11-13-2010 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince.of.preslav (Post 1158395)
Indeed a new tiara would a very much appreciated by us jewellery addicts. But why buy the Midnight tiara when The Crown Princess can borrow it from the jeweller whenever she wants to?

I just thought it would be nice to include it in the royal collection so ensure that at some time in the future Isabella and perhaps a sister or two of hers might use it as well. The Danish tiara collection needs to be replenished IMO - with the drop-let tiara given to countess Alexandra and the Khedive being bequeathed to Anne Marie, etc.