The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 2: July - October 2004 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/prince-felipe-and-princess-letizia-current-events-part-2-july-october-2004-a-2891.html)

samitude 07-06-2004 05:59 PM

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 2: July - October 2004

Post all news and pictures about Felipe and Letizia in this thread.

konan 07-08-2004 02:15 AM

I read some quotes in the German press about a babydrama of Letiza and I read in the forum about a second pregnancy. Did she recently had a failbirth?

lucys 07-08-2004 05:53 PM

According to a newspaper report I saw today, the Principes de Asturias will be making a official visit to Budapest in early September (the 6-9th perhaps). In August and the first weekend of September they will have been to Panama and the Dominican Republic for the Presidential Inaugurations in each of those two countries. Tomorrow they have another military event for new Officers--this time for the Army.

lucys 07-09-2004 09:30 AM

The Principes de Asturias will represent Spain tomorrow at the State funeral for the President of Austria. (I believe Crown Prince Hakoon will also be in attendance and the King of Sweden.)

xicamaluca 07-10-2004 06:59 AM

The couple is today in Austria in the state funeral of the austrian president

VIENNA, AUSTRIA: Spanish Prince Felipe (L) and his wife Letizia enters the Stephan's Dome in Vienna for Austrian President Thomas Klestil's funeral mass in Vienna 10 July 2004. Austrian president Thomas Klestil's funeral began here with two dozens heads of state and royals gathering to say farewell to the 71-year-old who died two days before leaving office. AFP PHOTO JOE KLAMAR (Photo credit should read JOE KLAMAR/AFP/Getty Images)

Alisa 07-10-2004 09:44 AM

Quote:

The couple is today in Austria in the state funeral of the austrian president

VIENNA, AUSTRIA: Spanish Prince Felipe (L) and his wife Letizia enters the Stephan's Dome in Vienna for Austrian President Thomas Klestil's funeral mass in Vienna 10 July 2004. Austrian president Thomas Klestil's funeral began here with two dozens heads of state and royals gathering to say farewell to the 71-year-old who died two days before leaving office. AFP PHOTO JOE KLAMAR (Photo credit should read JOE KLAMAR/AFP/Getty Images)

It's funny, when I saw pictures of the reception for the Dominican President; I said I thought Letizia outfit was more appropriate for a funeral. Apparently she thought so too, as she is wearing the same outfit. ;)

lucys 07-10-2004 09:47 AM

At the funeral for the late president of Austria.

Apparently the Crown Prince of Norway was also in attendance but I've yet to see a photo.

Genevieve 07-10-2004 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lucys@Jul 10th, 2004 - 8:51 am
Photos from yesterday's military event--officers graduation ceremony:

New officers salute the prince and princess
At attention!
Letizia
Letizia surrounded by Military Men
A relaxed moment
A relaxed moment 2

I don't know about this sunshine yellow shirt Letizia is sporting beneath her jacket. I don't think the colour does very much for her; it's not really her colour the way red is.

xicamaluca 07-10-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 10th, 2004 - 1:44 pm
It's funny, when I saw pictures of the reception for the Dominican President; I said I thought Letizia outfit was more appropriate for a funeral. Apparently she thought so too, as she is wearing the same outfit. ;)

Isn't exactly the same ;) The suit that she wore in that dinner was with pants, the one that she used today is with a skirt (but is the same jacket) :P I leave you more pics from today.

VIENNA, AUSTRIA: Spanish Prince Felipe and his wife Letizia leave the graveside of Austrian President Tomas Klestil after his funeral in Vienna's central cemetery 10 July 2004. Klestil died July 08, three days before his presidency expired. (Photo credit should read JOE KLAMAR/AFP/Getty Images)

Crown Princes reunion

VIENNA, AUSTRIA: Spanish Prince Felipe and his wife Letizia throw flowers in the grave of President Thomas Klestil in Vienna's central cemetery 10 July 2004. Austrian President Tomas Klestil passed away on 8th of July . AFP JOE KLAMAR (Photo credit should read JOE KLAMAR/AFP/Getty Images)

VIENNA, AUSTRIA: Spanish Prince Felipe and his wife Letizia cross themselves at the grave of Thomas Klestil in Vienna's central cemetery on 10 July 2004. Austrian President Tomas Klestil died 8th of July . AFP JOE KLAMAR (Photo credit should read JOE KLAMAR/AFP/Getty Images)

xicamaluca 07-10-2004 04:53 PM

Polfoto 10-07-2004

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe, right, and his wife Princess Letizia, center, express their condolences to Margot-Klestil Loeffler during the funeral ceremony for Austrian President Thomas Klestil at Vienna's main cemetery, on Saturday, July 10, 2004. Klestil died last Tuesday after multiple organ failure at the age of 71. (AP Photo/Hans Punz)

xicamaluca 07-10-2004 07:42 PM

More pics from the funeral in Austria

Felipe and Arnold Schwarzenegger

Letizia kissing the Cardinal's hand

Felipe, Letizia Willem-Alexander and Haakon

F & L

Alisa 07-10-2004 07:47 PM

Thanks for the pics Xica. :flower:

ps.I think the jacket looks much better at here at this event. :P

Ennyllorac 07-10-2004 08:00 PM

I think Letizia is fulfilling her duties well.

Genevieve 07-11-2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ennyllorac@Jul 10th, 2004 - 8:00 pm
I think Letizia is fulfilling her duties well.
I think that Letizia is upholding and fulfilling her new role quite well, too. She continues the high standards set by the others of the royal family. She is a class act through and through.

nouwrein 07-11-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Jul 10th, 2004 - 6:42 pm
Felipe, Letizia Willem-Alexander and Haakon
I like this profile photo of the CPs. You may disagree with me here but I really like Letizia's profile here, she's got lovely eyes :heart:

Looking at this photo, I see that Frederik is the shortest CP, he's very short compared to Felipe

Elizajane 07-12-2004 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jul 11th, 2004 - 9:09 pm

I like this profile photo of the CPs. You may disagree with me here but I really like Letizia's profile here, she's got lovely eyes :heart:

I agree with you, Nouwrein. She has a very lovely profile now ~ which makes me think that she actually did have some cosmetic surgery. To me, it's quite different from her earlier profile. Her nose is just not the same as it was in May and before May during the engagement period ~ but, I still can't figure out "when" she had it done. Maybe there is a "new technique" physicians may have in "streamlining" cosmetic/corrective surgery such as this.

And, I intend to look into it! ~ because I would love to have my nose changed into something I've always wanted it to look like. Maybe it's a "day surgery" as we call it over here in the US. Can't wait to find out! :) Thanks for posting this photo, Nouwrein ... plus, all of the other photos you've posted. I've certainly enjoyed looking at them. :flower:

Elizajane

Anna_R 07-12-2004 07:38 AM

Was Letizia the only Crown Princess who attended the funeral?

love,
Anna :heart:

dancingqueen83 07-12-2004 08:13 AM

It must be cosmetic surgery because the bump is definitely gone. It is a characteristic of Spain and I think she should be proud of it :).

liv 07-12-2004 08:26 AM

Yes Letizia was the only Crown Princess to attend the funeral.
But there were more Crown Princes:
-Prince Haakon
-Prince Philippe
-Prince Frederik
- Prince Willem-Alexander

Lyonnaise 07-12-2004 07:04 PM

Everytime I see Letizia with her hair done like that (example).. I can't help but be reminded of her :P