The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f207/)
-   -   Alvaro de Marichalar and Ekhateryna Anikieva, 25 September 2010 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f207/alvaro-de-marichalar-and-ekhateryna-anikieva-25-september-2010-a-28743.html)

carlota 09-26-2010 03:16 PM

Alvaro de Marichalar and Ekhateryna Anikieva, 25 September 2010

alvaro de marichalar, brother of jaime de marichalar, married on 25th september Ekhateryna Anikieva

Aquí está la foto de Álvaro de ... :: Mensaje de @mabelgalaz :: ESKUP
“Que se nos casa el Álvaro, mamá” | Heraldodesoria.es
Fotos lvaro Marichalar le da el s, quiero a su novia

Marika86 09-26-2010 03:19 PM

Article about the wedding on "Hola":

Álvaro de Marichalar y su novia, Ekaterina, se dan el 'sí, quiero' en una ceremonia celebrada en Soria

Al_bina 09-26-2010 04:06 PM

Well ... Congratulations to the couple!
Seniora de Marichalar is an average looking Russian girl. What is she? What is her education?

PetraHel 09-26-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1140788)
Seniora de Marichalar is an average looking Russian girl. What is she? What is her education

At some of the pictures (Hola for example) she looks very pretty! If she is average looking Russian girl, than lucky Russia!:smile:

lula 09-27-2010 09:57 AM

Photos diezminutos

Álvaro de Marichalar y Ekaterina ya son marido y mujer - Famosos Españoles - Famosos Corazón - Famosas, noticias de famosos, fotos al detalle - Diez Minutos

Kasumi 09-27-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

...What is she? What is her education?

I believe it's not polite to formulate your question using the words "what is she" as if senora Marichalar is some kind of a furniture.:whistling:
Ekatheryna Anikieva is a Ukrainian student of the Moscow University, 22 years old. She studies foreign languages.
Ekatheryna and Alvaro met in Moscow April 25th 2009 at Alvaro's birthday party.:flowers:

Sternchen 09-27-2010 02:01 PM

She looks sooooo young :)

Al_bina 09-27-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasumi (Post 1141155)
I believe it's not polite to formulate your question using the words "what is she" as if senora Marichalar is some kind of a furniture.:whistling:
Ekatheryna Anikieva is a Ukrainian student of the Moscow University, 22 years old. She studies foreign languages.
Ekatheryna and Alvaro met in Moscow April 25th 2009 at Alvaro's birthday party.:flowers:

It has been kind of you to provide additional information about Seniora de Marichalar. The question "What is he/she?" means that one inquires about a person's profession. There is nothing inappropriate in it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetraHel (Post 1140806)
At some of the pictures (Hola for example) she looks very pretty! If she is average looking Russian girl, than lucky Russia!:smile:

The beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. What is very pretty for one person may not be so beautiful for another.:flowers:

auntie 09-27-2010 02:47 PM

The question that should be asked what is he? or who is he or how much does HE have? why should a young attractive woman marry someone who is obviously quite older than her and didn't shave for his own wedding? Who are the De Marichalars? rich? noble? both?

Kasumi 09-27-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1141189)
The question "What is he/she?" means that one inquires about a person's profession.

Thanks for your lesson of English basics. I haven't ask for it, still thanks.
The question about the profession "what is her occupation?" seems to sound nicer, doesn't it?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 1141189)
There is nothing inappropriate in it.

Since I am a Ukrainian myself and I like this young lady a lot -- I have another impression of your words.
Regards.:smile:
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetraHel (Post 1140806)
If she is average looking Russian girl, than lucky Russia!:smile:

Dear PetraHel,
Actually, Ekatheryna is Ukrainian. The Ukrainian women are famous for their beauty for centuries. For example, Roxelana who was also the most influential lady of the Ottoman Empire during her lifetime.
Besides, Ukrainian women are devoted mothers.

Al_bina 09-27-2010 03:07 PM

Well ... Given the fact that the language issue has been resolved, it is better to abandon any further discussion related to the specifics of the English language and any other lectures on appropriate use of the above language.
Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie (Post 1141204)
The question that should be asked what is he? or who is he or how much does HE have? why should a young attractive woman marry someone who is obviously quite older than her and didn't shave for his own wedding? Who are the De Marichalars? rich? noble? both?

Don Alvaro de Marichalar is the brother of Don Jaime de Marichalar, who was Infanta Elena's husband, and the son of Count of Ripalda. He is the member of the noble Spanish family. I am not sure about his financial status or his profession. As for the marriage bliss, it remains to be seen how long it lasts.

Kasumi 09-27-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie (Post 1141204)
... Who are the De Marichalars? rich? noble? both?

Both.
Alvaro is well known for his sports activities. For example he managed to make a voyage on board of his yacht from South America to Antarctida, and across the Pasific to Japan all alone. He has filmed some interesting documentary footage for TV. His business as a producer is also successful.
He is a good friend with the Duchess's of Alba son who was his best man at the wedding.
The Spanish press called him "a jewel bachelor":flowers:

Melibea 09-27-2010 04:25 PM

He is known as a playboy.

And the wedding is considered to be a joke for nearly all the press. The rumour is that there is going to be an exclusive in this week Hola. Jaime de Marichalar didn't stay for the dinner after the church ceremony, and nor Victoria Federica nor Felipe went to the wedding. This article says that maybe Jaime didn't want to appear in the exclusive.

They are going to get married again in Ukraine.

Al_bina 09-27-2010 04:40 PM

How can the wedding be a joke? They married in the church with a real priest. Perhaps the couple is going to have a municipal wedding in Ukraine. There can be only one church ceremony.

Melibea 09-27-2010 04:45 PM

Of course the wedding is valid as far as I know :smile:
I've read that they were going to have an orthodox ceremony in Ukraine, but about that we will have to see. :ermm:

Al_bina 09-27-2010 04:51 PM

Thanks for the clarification!:flowers:
Having two church ceremonies ... Perhaps it is a new way of doing thing nowadays.

Commonconsort 09-27-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Seniora de Marichalar is an average looking Russian girl. What is she? What is her education?

Well she is loads prettier than what Jaime married.:whistling:

Al_bina 09-27-2010 05:40 PM

This might true. Infanta Elena may not be considered as beautiful according to the standards. At the same time, she is the full-blooded Princess and good mother.
As stated above, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Zonk 09-27-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commonconsort (Post 1141299)
Well she is loads prettier than what Jaime married.:whistling:

That's a pretty rude statement to make behind a computer keyboard.

Its a trite expression but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Commonconsort 09-27-2010 06:26 PM

Nothing rude about it at all. She is prettier than Elena IMO.:flowers:

In some cases, beauty is in the eyes of the BEER-HOLDER !!:biggrin: