The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f267/)
-   -   Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Fashions (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f267/wedding-of-william-and-catherine-royal-fashions-28706.html)

Zonk 09-21-2010 07:16 PM

Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Fashions

Please discuss the Royal Fashions and share your the best and worst Royal wedding outfits worn at the Wedding of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton.

Thanks and Happy Posting!

Warren, wbenson & Zonk
British Forum Moderators

Lady Felicity M 04-19-2011 05:40 AM

Royal Wedding: What Will the Royal Guests be Wearing?

What do you think they other royals be wearing?

Such as:
Maxima?
Mathilde?
Queen Margethe?
Queen Sonja?

Or find an out fit that you think would go well for this wedding?

cd_1 04-19-2011 06:09 AM

^ do we even know if these people are attending?

Charlotte_Aster 04-19-2011 07:50 AM

Maxima and QMargerthe are attending. No word on Mathilde as far as I know.

Her_Majesty 04-22-2011 08:01 AM

What's the dresscode for the Ladies?

Long dresses + tiaras?
or
Suits/ dresses + hats?

Stefan 04-22-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 1236469)
What's the dresscode for the Ladies?

Long dresses + tiaras?
or
Suits/ dresses + hats?

As it's a morning Wedding suits/dresses and hats.

mgrant 04-22-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M
What do you think they other royals be wearing?

Such as:
Maxima?
Mathilde?
Queen Margethe?
Queen Sonja?

Or find an out fit that you think would go well for this wedding?

I expect Maxima and Mathilde to be stylish as they always are. Queen Margethe wore her green satin to CP Victoria's wedding last year. If Mabel Wisse comes, let's hope she wears something pretty this time. She was a disaster at CP Victoria's wedding last year.

dazzling 04-22-2011 01:29 PM

Since this event requires a hat, does that mean Queen Sofia & Princess Letizia (never seen in a hat) will turn up in one? I have no doubt that Queen Sofia & Letizia will turn up in great suits.

Princess Maxima I think would wear a great hat as she has worn in the past, lets just hope if she chooses Natan as the designer for her suit/outfit he does a good job.

Stefan 04-22-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1236624)
Since this event requires a hat, does that mean Queen Sofia & Princess Letizia (never seen in a hat) will turn up in one? I have no doubt that Queen Sofia & Letizia will turn up in great suits.

Princess Maxima I think would wear a great hat as she has worn in the past, lets just hope if she chooses Natan as the designer for her suit/outfit he does a good job.

Probably. Queen Sofia wore some small flower-decoration in her hair at the Crown Princely Weddings in the Netherlands and Belgium where it was the same dresscode.

Maura724 04-22-2011 06:00 PM

Crown Princess Margarita of Romania said in a recent interview that she was wearing something coral.

Zonk 04-22-2011 06:06 PM

As it's a morning weddding the attire will be for the Ladies: Suits/dresses and Hats. For the gentleman: suits.

Please note that this thread will be opened on Thursday, April 28th.

MichelleVA 04-28-2011 09:41 AM

Chelsy's 2 Dresses for the Royal Wedding

Royal Wedding: Chelsy Davy Two Dresses : People.com
Here is a link to the 2 dresses she is wearing. I can't wait to see the hat she wears to the service. The blue gown looks stunning!

soapstar 04-28-2011 10:47 AM

I love the new black and white photo of Kate and William. I'm getting so excited for this wedding.

I don't know where to put this, but Alberta Ferretti confirmed that he made two dresses for Chelsy. He also released the designs.

Chelsy Davy's TWO Alberta Ferretti Royal Wedding dresses | Marie Claire

Princejohnny25 04-28-2011 10:59 AM

I disagree, I think Chelsea will look stunning in those dresses. The design of the dresses takes into account her curves and accentuates them. I'm sure she will look sensational.

dazzling 04-28-2011 11:39 AM

Description of the what the Spanish royals (Queen, Prince & Princess) will wear
see here

christinacg 04-28-2011 01:50 PM

I can't wait to see her! I'd love to see a picture of her with Harry but I doubt it'll happen.

dazzling 04-28-2011 02:23 PM

The Daily Mail has a report on some of the designers designing some of the royals & guests outfits.

SASSY 04-28-2011 11:56 PM

Honestly the only reason I'm watching this wedding is for the dress, jewelry (tiara) and the outfits....especially the all the hats. I'd love to see Letizia in a hat because I don't think she's ever worn one. I have a feeling she's going to be one of the best dressed. Also looking forward to Maxima's hat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1240759)
I love the new black and white photo of Kate and William. I'm getting so excited for this wedding.

I don't know where to put this, but Alberta Ferretti confirmed that he made two dresses for Chelsy. He also released the designs.

Chelsy Davy's TWO Alberta Ferretti Royal Wedding dresses | Marie Claire

I'd be upset if my designer released my outfits before I wore them! The gown is nice, colors is kind of dark. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I hope there's a jacket for the dress. :biggrin:

Island Princess 04-29-2011 12:03 AM

I too am really looking forward to the outfits of the guests and in particular the hats. I love the tradition of hats at English weddings and wish it was a feature of Australian weddings too. Excited to see how this wedding will influence wedding fashion generally (as Sophie Wessex' wedding re-introduced fascinators)!

wbenson 04-29-2011 01:42 AM

Royal wedding: Prince William marries in Irish Guards red - Telegraph

Prince William will be married in the famous red tunic of the Irish Guards today as senior royals don full military uniform for the occasion.

Other senior members of the Royal family will also wear full military dress to the service. The Duke of Edinburgh will wear a Garter sash with his Grenadier Guards uniform, which consists of a scarlet tunic similar to his grandson’s. The Duke of York - Rear Admiral in the Royal Navy - will also sport a Garter sash, as will the Earl of Wessex, the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent, who will all be wearing their military dress.