The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Who is the Most Handsome Prince? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/who-is-the-most-handsome-prince-28247.html)

Alastair_r 03-11-2007 08:31 AM

Handsome Princes without countries

Anyone know how many Royal Princes there are in Europe who are not part of the main Royal families ? X

LadyK 03-11-2007 10:19 AM

Well, I'm not 100% sure what you are asking, but here's my answer:

There are the princes of Greece (Crown Prince Pavlos-married, and Prince Nikolaos and Prince [something else] who are not married0
the Princes of Serbia (Hereditary Prince Peter, Prince Alexander, and Prince Philip.
There is also Prince Emanneul Filiberto of Savoy.

Henri M. 03-11-2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alastair_r
Anyone know how many Royal Princes there are in Europe who are not part of the main Royal families ? X

Dozens and dozens. Hannover, Orléans, Bourbon, Savoia, Habsburg, Romanov, Hohenzollern, Bragança, Wittelsbach (Stuart), Karagordjevic, Sachsen-Coburg (Bulgaria), Württemberg, etc.

Butterwicke 03-26-2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri M.
Dozens and dozens. Hannover, Orléans, Bourbon, Savoia, Habsburg, Romanov, Hohenzollern, Bragança, Wittelsbach (Stuart), Karagordjevic, Sachsen-Coburg (Bulgaria), Württemberg, etc.

...AND... Waldeck, Schaumburg-Lippe, Wettin, Reuss, Hesse, Baden, Anhalt, Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, Wied, Bentheim and Steinfurt, Salm-Salm, and so on, and so forth, etc....
:wacko:

I found a list online once that listed the first 1,000 people in the Order of Succession to the British throne. Of course, it wound its way through to members of the other monarchies of Europe, one by one. Intermixed with the big names and houses which are most familiar were all these princes and families and places I'd never even heard of. It really impressed upon me how many princely titles are out there.

Freedom 03-26-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterwicke
...AND... Waldeck, Schaumburg-Lippe, Wettin, Reuss, Hesse, Baden, Anhalt, Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, Wied, Bentheim and Steinfurt, Salm-Salm, and so on, and so forth, etc....
:wacko:

I found a list online once that listed the first 1,000 people in the Order of Succession to the British throne. Of course, it wound its way through to members of the other monarchies of Europe, one by one. Intermixed with the big names and houses which are most familiar were all these princes and families and places I'd never even heard of. It really impressed upon me how many princely titles are out there.

Butterwicke, could you post the link to the webpage where you found the list of the first 1,000?

Avalon 03-26-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freedom
Butterwicke, could you post the link to the webpage where you found the list of the first 1,000?

Wikipedia has first 1253 people in the line of the Succession to the British Throne.
Here is the link: Line of the Succession

le soleil 03-30-2007 11:36 PM

can u post the pics of the youngest prince of greece!he is so cute

Butterwicke 03-31-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon
Wikipedia has first 1253 people in the line of the Succession to the British Throne.
Here is the link: Line of the Succession

My appreciation goes to Avalon for supplying the requested link! :flowers:

The likelyhood of someone who is, for example, 654th in the line of succession ever finding themselves sitting on the throne is probably about as statistically likely as The Queen growing a second head. (That would bring new meaning to the Royal "We", now wouldn't it?)

Nevertheless, it is a testament to how fascinating the topic is to the general people as well as to academia.

The first fellow monarch to appear on the list is HM King Harald V, who is 60th in the line of succession to rule Britian. Sweden, Denmark, and the Netherlands also appear, though HM Queen Beatrix doesn't figure in till number 781. (Note it is only the Protestant monarchies that appear. Catholics cannot succeed in Great Britain and as such are barred from the list.)

And in between the above big names are the names of less well-known and non-ruling families and titles. As to whether or not these more obscure princes are handsome?... well, I'll leave it to those who have the time to hunt down photos of them all.

(Incidentally,
HRH Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark appears on the list at number 231.)

Vanesa 03-31-2007 09:00 PM

Yes, thank you. The pictures are really interesting...

And after reading about all the Princes (handsome or not) without crown, nor throne, we can't avoid to think how many Monarchies there were only some years ago, and how they were put to rest.

Vanesa.

CrownPrincess5 07-22-2010 05:05 PM

Who is the Most Handsome Prince?

I don't know if I can start this, but I thought I'd do a thread to see who do you think is the most handsome (good-looking, sexy, and attractive) prince.

ladybelline 07-22-2010 05:08 PM

For me they are :

-Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
-The Prince of Asturias
-Prince Carl Philip of Sweden

:biggrin:

fergalicious 07-22-2010 05:09 PM

Prince Andrew!!

CrownPrincess5 07-22-2010 05:10 PM

My pick would be Carl Philip.

Nathalie Cox 07-22-2010 05:16 PM

Prince Hashem bin al hussein:
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2014/hnews5xo8.jpg

Andrea Casiraghi
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HBstlhNQWm...-Casiraghi.jpg
(I know, i know, he is not a prince, but i can't help it, sorry)

sunsh1n3 07-22-2010 05:26 PM

Prince of Asturias
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway

Anne83 07-22-2010 05:33 PM

Prince William:wub:Andrea Casiraghi

Dierna23 07-22-2010 05:41 PM

1. Prince Hashem

2. Prince Carl Philip

3. CP Frederik

4. Prince Hamzah

And if they would be Princes, Andrea and Pierre Casiraghi of course. :flowers:

Fürstin Taxis 07-22-2010 05:49 PM