King Peter II (1923-1970) and Alexandra of Greece (1921-1993)
1. HM King Petar II
2. Future King Petar II between his brothers Prince Tomislav and Prince Andrej
3. Christening of Crown Prince Petar ( later HM King Petar II), October 1923.
Left to right: King Alexander I, Queen Elisabetta of Greece, Queen Marie of Rumania, King Ferdinand of Rumania and the Duke and
Duchess of York (later King George VI and Queen Elizabeth).
4. Wedding of HM King Petar II and HM Queen Aleksandra
Standing (left to right): Duke of Gloucester, Duchess of Kent, King George VI, King Peter, King Haakon VII, Queen Alexandra, Princess Aspasia of Greece, King George II of Greece, Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands.
Seated (left to right): Queen Elizabeth, Prince Tomislav, Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands.
5. HM Queen Marija The Queen Mother and HM Petar II after the tragic death of HM King Aleksandar I
6. Hm King Petar II upon taking oath at The Royal Palace in Dedinje on 28 March 1941, wearng the uniform of an air force general, with the Crown and all of the Royal insignia
7. Photo of HM King Petar II at Cambridge University in 1942
8. HM King Petar II with TRH Princess Olga and Princess Jelisaveta at Mother's Day celebrations
9. HRH Crown Prince Petar II receiving French Legion of Honour from French minister Champetier de Ribes, 7 December 1930.
10. HM Queen Aleksandra
Old family album - history page
1. HM King Petar II and Nikola Tesla in New York, 1942
2. HM King Petar II with HRH The Duke of Kent
3. HM King Petar II with President of Chechoslovakia Benes
4. HM King Petar II and President Franklin Roosevelt
5. Hm King Petar II, Winston Churchill and Field Marshall Montomery
6. HM King Petar II with HM King Abdullah of Trans Jordan
7. HM King Petar II with Mayor La Guardia of New York
8. HM King Petar II with HM King Haakon of Norway
9. HM King Petar II and Queen Aleksandra with Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill
10. St. Petersburg 1914: Tsar Nikola II and King Petar I
Old family album - history page
1. HM King Petar II addressing the United States Congress
2. United States Congress June 25, 1942
3. HM King Petar II with Mr. Edsel Ford
4. State visit Istanbul 1909: Sultan Abdul Hamid of Turkey and King Petar I
5. King Aleksandar I receiving the Address of the House of Representatives
6. Royal gathering in Belgrade
7. HM Queen Marija at the Coronation of her father King Ferdinand of Romania in 1922: Two sisters, H.M. Queen Elizabeth of Greece and H.M. Queen Marie of the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, at the Coronation of their Father. The Queens are followed by T.R.H. Princess Irene of Greece, Princess Ileana of Romania and Grand Duchess Viktoria Fyodorovna of Russia.
Historical documets - Correspondence
Authentic, interesting and revealing - I found them truly fascinating and decided to share them here. All original historical documents have been taken from: www.royalfamily.org. If any of below posted links should be unavailable, please check: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/index.htm.
United States. Letter from President Franklin D. Roosevelt to King Peter II (October 14, 1942):
Page 1: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/...oc/fdrvib1.pdf
Page 2: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/fdrvib2.pdf
United States. Letter from President Franklin D. Roosevelt to King Peter II (October 18, 1944):
United Kingdom. Letter from King George VI to King Peter II (August 10, 1945):
Page 1: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/kg6TRF.pdf
Page 2: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/...oc/kg6TRF2.pdf
France. Letter from General de Gaulle to King Peter II(16 June, 1944):
http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/cdgTRF.pdf (in French)
USSR. Letter from Commissar Foreign Minister Kalinin of the Soviet Union to King Peter II (3 September, 1941):
Page 1: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/ussr1.pdf (in Russian)
Page 2: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/ussr2.pdf
Please, for direct online translation, see: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish
Historical documents - Letters of congratulation
A few samples of the many letters of congratulation for the wedding of HM King Peter II to HRH Princess Alexandra of Greece
(London 20 March 1944):
Page 2: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/cdgcongrat2.pdf
Page 2: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/belgiumcongrat2.pdf
Page 2: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/luxcongrat2.pdf
Page 2: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/czcongrat2.pdf
Page 2: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/turkeycongrat2.pdf
Page 2: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/dkcongrat2.pdf
Page 2: http://www.royalfamily.org/exhibits/hist-doc/vatican2.pdf
All letters were written in their respective countries official languages. For direct online translation please see: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish
State may no longer be site of King's remains
Herald News :: News :: State may no longer be site of King's remains
Photo of the King
I read last year where Crown Prince Alexander wanted to bring back his father's (King Peter II) remains back to the Royal Mausoleum at Oplenac from Libertyville, IL . . . .
Has there been any update on that situation?
Memorial service for King Petar II:
The Royal Family of Serbia
Presentation of “A King’s Heritage – The Memoirs” by King Peter II of Yugoslavia
Today (January 30) marks the 21st Anniversary of Queen Alexandra's death. A requiem was held today at the Oplenac Church in Serbia:
21st Anniversary of HM Queen Alexandra
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016