The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Abdullah's Brothers (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f155/)
-   -   Ali and Rym: their backgrounds and future roles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f155/ali-and-rym-their-backgrounds-and-future-roles-28003.html)

bluetortuga 06-30-2004 10:50 PM

Ali and Rym: their backgrounds and future roles

They seemed to have dropped off the radar. They must be busy with wedding preparations.

papillon 06-30-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bluetortuga@Jun 30th, 2004 - 9:50 pm
They seemed to have dropped off the radar. They must be busy with wedding preparations.
They do seem like a very low profile couple. When is their wedding reception? In September?

sommone 06-30-2004 11:42 PM

They will probably continue to be a low profile couple, too. Except Prince Ali will be out whenever KA has to leave the country, or attend meetings, etc. However, Rym probably will be seldom seen except for special occations, or when they are abroad. I thought I had read somewhere that Rym would be working as a journalist in Jordan. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

QueenB 07-01-2004 10:09 PM

I think Rym retired for good.. Will Ali continue being head of security for KA? Or will he be home more? I've always wondered, does Ali get a regular working man's paycheck for being head of the security force?

sommone 07-01-2004 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 1st, 2004 - 10:09 pm
I think Rym retired for good.. Will Ali continue being head of security for KA? Or will he be home more? I've always wondered, does Ali get a regular working man's paycheck for being head of the security force?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I assumed he would. I definitely would like to see him do something else. Something that is perhaps a little safer.

QueenB 07-02-2004 12:24 AM

IS he the only JRF member that works?

papillon 07-02-2004 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 1st, 2004 - 11:24 pm
IS he the only JRF member that works?
P. Basma works incredibly hard, but she does it without a lot of hoopla.

Akilah 07-02-2004 11:33 AM

Ali's position is nothing more than a "glorified" bodyguard. I hate to say it, but the truth is the truth.

QueenB 07-02-2004 07:29 PM

He's in charge of the King's security... hence head of the bodyguards :innocent:

sommone 07-03-2004 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 7:29 pm
He's in charge of the King's security... hence head of the bodyguards :innocent:
Exactly what I thought. That's why he needs to find something safer to do now that he is soon to be married.

sommone 07-12-2004 04:07 AM

Too bad Rym isn't going to be working as a journalist...I have a feeling, but I could be wrong, that it will be rare that we get to see her, or her and Ali together. She is an intelligent woman, and I would hate to see such intelligence not put to some good use.

QueenB 07-12-2004 08:35 AM

Did Rym retire? Because I was watching CNNFN a few days ago and during a commercial about their reporters - they showed Rym..

cut1me 07-12-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 12th, 2004 - 8:35 am
Did Rym retire? Because I was watching CNNFN a few days ago and during a commercial about their reporters - they showed Rym..
they said she handed in her resignation

QueenB 07-12-2004 03:52 PM

I read she resignated too.. but I was surprised to see her in the commercial....

sommone 07-19-2004 12:33 AM

I read on Salon.com that Rym would be working as a journalist after she got married. Who knows. Different sources say different things. I guess the only thing is to wait and see.

Julian 10-17-2004 12:44 AM

Does anyone know, whether any possible future sons of Prince Ali and his new wife will still be eligible for succession to the Jordan throne under the terms of the present constitution? I am just wondering if that's still possible in this case since Ali was passed over as Crown Prince in favour of Hamzah, so does this mean that Ali's descendants are also excluded? Although I realise also that it's unlikely to ever be an issue in the succession, I still wonder about Ali's status and that of any of his future children, even if their being eligible seems to be further down the line from Hamzah, his sons, Hashem, his sons, Prince Hussein, his sons, and so forth.

Safaa Batin 10-17-2004 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian
Does anyone know, whether any possible future sons of Prince Ali and his new wife will still be eligible for succession to the Jordan throne under the terms of the present constitution? I am just wondering if that's still possible in this case since Ali was passed over as Crown Prince in favour of Hamzah, so does this mean that Ali's descendants are also excluded? Although I realise also that it's unlikely to ever be an issue in the succession, I still wonder about Ali's status and that of any of his future children, even if their being eligible seems to be further down the line from Hamzah, his sons, Hashem, his sons, Prince Hussein, his sons, and so forth.

No way, unless KA make p Ali a CP. The succession is only to the first son or to a brother.

suria 10-19-2004 06:39 AM

who dose canceled his wedding for poor people, who thought a bout them except of him, and you talking a bout education the degree would never evaluate the human, he is sensitive person know how to talk with people how cotact with them and this is made him a well qaulified one

cut1me 10-19-2004 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suria
who dose canceled his wedding for poor people, who thought a bout them except of him, and you talking a bout education the degree would never evaluate the human, he is sensitive person know how to talk with people how cotact with them and this is made him a well qaulified one

I agree with you Suria I think he is a great man and he is my favourite prince, but just one thing, you said he canceled his wedding for poor people. He still had a wedding, noone really knows how big or extravagant it was, the only thing we know is that they had a huge firework display and alot of people were invited. The only thing they did was no publish any pics so we dont know what they did.

suria 10-19-2004 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cut1me
I agree with you Suria I think he is a great man and he is my favourite prince, but just one thing, you said he canceled his wedding for poor people. He still had a wedding, noone really knows how big or extravagant it was, the only thing we know is that they had a huge firework display and alot of people were invited. The only thing they did was no publish any pics so we dont know what they did.

even thought this up to him i mean if he did a huge party or not but the offical one was canceled for poor people and i know that he realy did that beacuse i know people who were benifit of that so if he did a party this was his own party and all the royals made a private party after the official one Hamazh did Abdullah did so what is the problem of making a party he must had many friends who do want to chair it with him so we cant forget that he did canceled his wedding beacuse he made a party this is diferent