The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f207/)
-   -   Carlos, Duke of Parma & Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel, June & Nov 2010 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f207/carlos-duke-of-parma-and-annemarie-gualth-rie-van-weezel-june-and-nov-2010-a-27884.html)

iceflower 06-14-2010 02:20 AM

Carlos, Duke of Parma & Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel, June & Nov 2010

The engagement time is over, Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma
and Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel have married this weekend!

It's been a civil wedding on Saturday, June 12, time and place are
kept secret. The church wedding will follow at the end of August
in Brussels.

Annemarie, now Princess of Bourbon-Parma, declared she would
continue to work as a parliamentary editor at the NOS in Den Haag
under her maiden name.

** Prins Carlos trouwt in geheim voor burgelijke stand **

barber 06-14-2010 04:32 AM

Pitty that there are not many pictures are from them !! It's a nice copple hope we see more when they are married !

MAfan 06-14-2010 04:32 AM

Is it known in which church will they marry?

Lumutqueen 06-14-2010 04:35 AM

Lots of weddings are happening like this.
The religious wedding should get us more pictures.

iceflower 06-15-2010 06:37 AM

Accroding to the caption of these pics, the civil wedding
has taken place in Wijk bij Duurstede - that's a municipality
and a town in the southern province of Utrecht.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Marengo 06-15-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAfan (Post 1093228)

I don't think it is, though I missed a few interviews that the couple gave. I can't imagine it will be in SS Muchel & Gudela, that would be too pompous. I am hoping for 'Notre Dame de Sablon.

--------

The Telegraaf also mentioned that the civil wedding was in Wijk bij Duurstede. Princess Irene lives there btw (when she is in the country).

barber 06-15-2010 01:53 PM

Thanks Iseflower for the nice pitures from the couple !!

iceflower 06-16-2010 04:14 PM

You're welcome barber :flowers:

As a nice surprise three wedding pics were released today!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Sereta 06-16-2010 05:06 PM

Congratulations to the couple on their (civil) wedding. I like her simple coat/dress for the civil ceremony.

MAfan 06-17-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1093762)
I don't think it is, though I missed a few interviews that the couple gave. I can't imagine it will be in SS Muchel & Gudela, that would be too pompous. I am hoping for 'Notre Dame de Sablon.

What about La Cambre Abbey?

antonieta 06-17-2010 09:28 AM

Congratulations to the couple.
The bride is a very beatiful lady.

grandlordbenji16 06-17-2010 02:14 PM

prince carlos of bourbon parma will loose his sucession right to the headship of the house of bourbon parma since the law regulate royal marriages in the bourbons of parma still in effect and it is likely his brother jaime will replace him. dont forget his father consider the marriage of grand duke henri and maria theresa morganatic and jean then sovereign had to renounce his bourbon parma titles for himself and descendants. so in carlos hugo view it is a MESALLIANCE

MAfan 06-17-2010 05:52 PM

On the other side, Carlos Hugo is the only one who can change the rules of Bourbon-Parma Family, and nothing prevents him from doing. (I wonder: would he consider dinastycally valid Carlos' or Jaime's marriage to a commoner in order of be sure that his not much loved brother won't inhrit his claims? :whistling: )
Another point: will Carlos lose his succession rights, or will his descendants be excluded from succession?

Princess Robijn 06-17-2010 06:07 PM

According to Prince Carlos, his father approved the marriage. (He said this during one of his interviews, I can't remember what the magazine was called.)

Josette

MAfan 06-17-2010 06:18 PM

This is one of the problems of royal weddings: Carlos Hugo approving Carlos' marriage may mean on a side that he approves it as Head of the Ducal Family; but on the other side it may also mean that as a father he likes Annemarie, he thinks that they are a good couple, he wants the happiness of his son, etc..., but this doesn't imply that the marriage is approved under a dynastic point of view.
It's difficult to understand the limit between personal feelings and political/dynastic convenience or unsuitability.

Krisorio 06-22-2010 09:50 PM

Yes very confusing indeed. Prince Carlos's father aproves the wedding of his son to a commoner, but did not approve of the wife of Henri of Luxembourg, that does not make sense....does he approve of the wedding as a father or as the Head of his family?

Christian

MAfan 06-23-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krisorio (Post 1100971)
Yes very confusing indeed. Prince Carlos's father aproves the wedding of his son to a commoner, but did not approve of the wife of Henri of Luxembourg, that does not make sense....

One can say that Carlos Hugo changed his mind in the last 30 years, as well as many Sovereigns and Heads of Royal Houses did with the passing of the years (i.e. Queen Elizabeth II, who denied her allwance to her sister to marry a divorced man, but 50 years later she allowed the Prince of Wales to marry a divorcée; or Archduke Otto of Austria, who considered many marriages of Archdukes to commoners as morganatic, but in the last years he allowed some of these marriages considering them dinastically valid).

barber 07-26-2010 11:10 AM

I look out for the wedding, is it on tv??

lucien 08-04-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAfan (Post 1093228)

The St.Michiel & St.Gudele,Brussels will be the venue of the religious ceremony.:smile:

Stefan 08-04-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 1120660)
The St.Michiel & St.Gudele,Brussels will be the venue of the religious ceremony.:smile:

Apparently not. It will be at the Abbey de La Cambre according to royalblog.nl.