The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   April 2010 Official Picture of the Month Poll (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/april-2010-official-picture-of-the-month-poll-27674.html)

LadyK 02-11-2010 05:22 PM

April 2010 Official Picture of the Month Poll

Welcome to the
April 2010 Official POM poll

The pictures in this poll show the official duties of royalty. It will close on 4 June 2010. During this time, we ask that NO ONE STATE WHOM THEY'VE VOTED FOR so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. After the poll closes, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.
This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium
stephanievl - LadyLeana, Marengo

Britain
Zonk -

Brunei/Malaysia/Morocco
Humera - Warren

Denmark
Princess Robijn - Jessrulz, Madame Royale

Greece
- Odette

Japan
Dragonsfire8 - Al_bina, kkgg101

Jordan
Humera - Little_star, salma

Luxembourg
Jessrulz - grim_lady, kyansaunt20

Monaco
Iceflower - radker18,

Norway
Her_Majesty - Maura724

Spain
Paty - Ladejesus, Mari_*

Sweden
Iceflower - HRH Kerry

The Netherlands
Princess Maxima - Marengo, Lucien

UAE
dazzling -

If you have any ideas or suggestions for future polls you can post them there or contact LadyK.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in random order and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun! :flowers:
LadyK

LadyK 02-11-2010 05:24 PM

A. Norway
Picture Link
Source: Scanpix

The Norwegian Royal couple, the Crown Princely couple and Princess Ingrid Alexandra, the heir to the throne, are seen during the re-opening of the Oslo Cathedral in April 2010.

B. Belgium
Picture Link
Source: Source

Phillippe, Mathilde, and their childen at the opening of the Floraliën 2010 in Gent

C. Monaco
Picture Link
Source: gettyimages

Flower Show - Princess Caroline of Hanover and Prince Albert II of Monaco pose in front of a modern garden sculpture, one of the exhibits of the annual International Flower Show in Monte Carlo, Monaco, April 24, 2010.

D. The Netherlands
Picture Link

Princess Máxima pulls beer glasses over the shuffleboard during the Queen's Day festivities, in Wemeldinge

E. Sweden
Picture Link

Happy Birthday, Your Majesty - Swedish King Carl Gustaf, surrounded by Prince Carl Philip, Mr. Daniel Westling, Crown Princess Victoria and Queen Silvia, receives applause from well-wishers and his family during celebrations marking his 64th birthday, at the balcony of the Royal Palace in Stockholm April 30, 2010.

F. Denmark
Picture Link
Source: PPE

HM Queen Margrethe toasts at the offcial dinner at Christiansborg palace on the occasion of her 70th birthday. The Queen just finished her speech.

G. Japan
Picture Link
Source: AFP Photo/Mohamed DAHIR

Crown Prince Naruhito plants a tree during his three-day visit to Kenya.

H. Qatar
Picture Link
Source: WPA Pool/Getty Images Europe

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales (L) and Her Highness Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, Chairperson of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, attend the official opening of the Qur'anic Garden Exhibition at the Royal Botanic Gardens on April 8, 2010 in Surrey, England. .

I. United Arab Emirates
Picture Link
Source: ANP Picture

Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the United Arab Emirates Armed Forces, sits before a plenary session at the Washington Convention Center April 13, 2010 in Washington, DC. Delegates from forty-seven countries have gathered at the invitation of the U.S. government to talk about nuclear security and how to make dangerous materials less accessible to terrorists.

J. Brunei
Picture Link
Source: Infofoto

Princess Fadzillah attends the opening ceremony of the Special Olympics Brunei Darussalam 5th National Games.

K. Jordan
Picture Link
Source: Petra

Princess Sumaya opens the Mother's Day gifts bazaar.

Princess_Beatrix 05-22-2010 01:21 PM

great pictures. but for Denmark I was hoping for the picture of the next generation of Kings and Queens.
and no picture for UK and Spain here either??

Princess Robijn 05-22-2010 01:39 PM

I would have liked choosing them, but this one is official "enough."

Josette

Princess_Beatrix 05-24-2010 03:55 PM

I see. Thank you Princess Robijn. :smile: The picture of Queen Margrethe is a nice choice too.

Her_Majesty 06-07-2010 08:50 AM

Picture of the Month March:

1. Norway
http://i39.tinypic.com/2isawec.jpg

2. The Netherlands
http://img145.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_521lo.jpg

3. Denmark
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Thanks for voting! :flowers:

Lina RdC 06-08-2010 02:58 PM

Well, this poll's result was not so difficult to guess in advance...I myself was one of the many people with a clear preference for the Norway-picture. I.m.o., it is often quite funny to watch children paying attention to things adults are not paying attention to or -like in this case- the other way around :lol:.