The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Couples' Best Traits (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/couples-best-traits-2766.html)

lucys 06-24-2004 07:54 PM

Can we do a POSITIVE post, in which we only say what we LIKE about different couples, and not what we don't? (Or am I too naive?) In anycase, let's try to put some positive vibes out into the universe.

Here are the things I like about some royal couples (and I'll start with the most controversial):

Charles and Camilla: loyalty to each other through thick and thin
Inaki and Cristina: 7 years and 3 kids and they are still in love like the first day
Haakon and Mette-Marit: their belief that "love is all you need"; the true cinderela princess
Felipe and Letizia: intellectual equals and partners as well as lovers; a very modern couple
Fred & Mary: best buddies
Phillipe & Mathilde: there is something wonderful about such a not so hot looking guy getting such a lovely and beautiful woman--beauty is not skin deep?
Caroline and Ernest: jet-set glamour and bad behavior to die for

Any body else game?

Bellefleur 06-24-2004 10:15 PM

Sophie and Edward: honour, respect, and appear happy and loving.
:heart:

grecka 06-25-2004 04:22 AM

I personally think the most loving couple of them all is Sophia and Juan Carlos. Something in their actions to each other indicates to me that they are each other's worlds.
Juan Carlos and Sophia- mutuality, respect, constancy, devotion to each other

hillary_nugent 06-25-2004 07:17 AM

Fred and Mary - Genuine Love ^__^

sarkastik_devil 06-25-2004 07:44 AM

frederik and mary- not only in love, but seem to be each others best friend and have a great time together
Felipe and Letizia - they always look adoring to each other
Maxima and W-A - such a fun and warm couple

Dennism 06-25-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lucys@Jun 24th, 2004 - 7:54 pm

Phillipe & Mathilde: there is something wonderful about such a not so hot looking guy getting such a lovely and beautiful woman--beauty is not skin deep?

I agree. He gives the rest of us some hope! :P

MarieLouise 06-25-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dennism+Jun 25th, 2004 - 11:59 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 11:59 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lucys@Jun 24th, 2004 - 7:54 pm

I agree. He gives the rest of us some hope&#33; :P [/b][/quote]
DennisM - I like reading your posts, you seem so pleasant. I hope you get your Victoria one day. :flower:

La la 06-25-2004 01:41 PM

Even though my favorite couple is Princess Haya and sheikh Mohammed for the time being, I&#39;d like to comment on the royal couple of Norway. They are very intriguing although they lack that royal &#39;calibre&#39;.

Mette-Marit and Haakon – your average Jack and Jill. Affectionate, down-to-earth (or so it seems) and simple are a few adjectives that come to mind when I think of them. I hope they will be chary of these traits for the rest of their lives.

prinses 06-25-2004 04:13 PM

Prince Maurits and princess Marilene :heart:

Dennism 06-25-2004 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MarieLouise@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:09 pm
DennisM - I like reading your posts, you seem so pleasant. I hope you get your Victoria one day.&nbsp; :flower:
Awww. I hope so too. Thank you for saying that. Iīve been called many things before but I donīt think I have heard "pleasant". :flower:

MarieLouise 06-29-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dennism+Jun 25th, 2004 - 9:48 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 9:48 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MarieLouise@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:09 pm
DennisM - I like reading your posts, you seem so pleasant. I hope you get your Victoria one day.* :flower:
Awww. I hope so too. Thank you for saying that. Iīve been called many things before but I donīt think I have heard "pleasant". :flower: [/b][/quote]
He, he... Well i&#39;m a dane and you don&#39;t really have an english word like the one I was thinking of in danish. Oh, by the way, your welcome :P

Lena 06-29-2004 09:52 AM

MM & Haakon: Yes, indeed deep true love...and they are both very fond of children.

Willem-Alexander & Maxima: They both seem to enjoy life and itīs happy wonderful sides.

Margrethe & Henrik: After all the years together they still seem to feel passion for each other. Both are very educated and headstrong (I absolutely think, that this is positive&#33;) so that they are a "challenge" for each other. And I think this keeps their relationship "alive"

kittencrews 12-06-2004 04:44 PM

I'll add a little...

Fred and Mary: I agree with everything everyone has said... they are ADORABLE!!
Ernst and Caroline: To me they seem to be in sync... either both are laughing or both are mad no matter what they are together in some respect

Anita 12-06-2004 04:47 PM

Mette-Marit and Haakon and Harald and Sonja : true and, I hope, eternal love :) :)

Jasl 12-07-2004 04:15 PM

Words I associate with....

Fred & Mary: respect, true love, loving gestures, encourage confidence, understands each other, admiration, heart-warming and sometimes achingly loving towards each other (*sob*, for example during the wedding ceremony), beautiful couple, both very caring, soul mates.

Phillipe & Mathilde: a perfect match, so elegant and very royal, soul mates, supports and boosts each other, never overshadows the other - a perfect team, knows how to balance family and duties - never lets one dominate the other.

Haakon & Mette Marit: love against all odds, just wonderful, absolute soul mates, true love, have wonderful kids, very natural and approachable (IMO), very caring, a strong team and faces challenges together.

Felipe & Letizia: hard workers, like the way they look at each other, care for their country.

maxima & WA: light up each other's lives, gregarious, knows how to have fun, very loving, a very strong team, a great support to each other.

Josefine 09-30-2005 04:39 AM

Felipe & Letizia: hard workers,

Haakon & Mette Marit they they work good togather

sm1939 09-30-2005 04:56 AM

Haakon and Mette marit , Love, soul mates and being a partnership.

Australian 09-30-2005 08:13 AM

Frederik and Mary- the modern in-touch and hands-on couple

Layla1971 09-30-2005 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Australian
Frederik and Mary- the modern in-touch and hands-on couple

Completely agree with you Australian!:)

LaChicaMadrilena 10-01-2005 09:36 AM

Felipe and Letizia- hard workers, very much in love, great partners
Juan Carlos and Sofia- professionalists with respect for each other
Infanta Christina and Inaki- they make together a wonderful family
W-A and Maxima- really cute and warm couple