The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Princess Madeleine & Jonas Bergstrom Break Off Their Engagement; April 2010 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/princess-madeleine-and-jonas-bergstrom-break-off-their-engagement-april-2010-a-27553.html)

LadyFinn 04-13-2010 12:06 PM

Princess Madeleine & Jonas Bergstrom Break Off Their Engagement; April 2010
 
Jenny Alexandersson writes at Aftonbladet, that recently Madeleine has been on holiday with her girlfriends without Jonas, they shopped in London and skiied in Verbier.
Meanwhile, Jonas has spent many late nights at clubs around Stureplan. For months Aftonbladet has been reached by rumors and tips about how the future Duke parties. It is possible that these rumours aren´t all true.
Alexandersson says: Noblesse oblige. Anyone who aspires to be noble also has to behave and act noble. An engagement with a Swedish princess means that Jonas no longer just represents himself, but also a family that depends on how much the people speak about them.
Jenny Alexandersson: Ska de satsa på sin relation eller gå isär? | Jenny Alexandersson | Aftonbladet

HRH J 04-13-2010 02:08 PM

Unfortunatley these rumours won't go away until we have picture proof of Madeleine and Jonas together :rolleyes:

CrownPrincess5 04-13-2010 02:56 PM

The problem is there's always a little bit of truth regarding rumors. I personally think it was not a smart move getting engaged while Victoria is engaged. I can't imagine the stress that may have caused. But hopefully there will be a wedding next year:)

HRHofNothing 04-13-2010 09:49 PM

There are too many different sources talking about the "crisis" for it to be completely untrue. There cannot be a fire without some fuel

Sonjapearl 04-13-2010 10:02 PM

I have to agree with HRHofNothing.

If it is true that Jonas proposed to Madeleine just to save the relationship, then that wasn't very smart of him. That's like a woman having a baby in order to save her relationship.

Maura724 04-14-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 (Post 1067873)
I personally think it was not a smart move getting engaged while Victoria is engaged. I can't imagine the stress that may have caused.

Why? Both the Crown Princesses of the past (Margrethe of Denmark and Beatrix of the Netherlands) were engaged at the same time as their younger sisters Benedikte and Margriet. The younger girls married less than a year later, and it didn't seem to cause a problem for either of those families.

I hope there's nothing wrong between Madeleine and Jonas - I don't follow the Swedes very much but I do like this couple.

royalsmartie 04-14-2010 01:13 AM

hmmm well the swedes seem to making news theses days frm this story toelin woods to the prince being with a playgirl or watever nt to be off topic i hope the couple works it out

CrownPrincess5 04-14-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maura724 (Post 1068007)
Why? Both the Crown Princesses of the past (Margrethe of Denmark and Beatrix of the Netherlands) were engaged at the same time as their younger sisters Benedikte and Margriet. The younger girls married less than a year later, and it didn't seem to cause a problem for either of those families.

:smile:This is a different day and time. Regardless, every girl wants their wedding to be all about them. No one can deny the fact that it's all about Victoria right now. Madeleine even said in an interview that the focus is not on her but on Victoria. Depending on how close they are as sisters, it could be a problem. Just because they are royalty doesn't mean they are exempt from those feelings. Although I hope everything will turn out okay for everyone involved.:smile:

LadyFinn 04-14-2010 02:40 PM

According to Expressen, Jonas Bergström and Daniel Westling had a "crisis meeting" at the restaurant "Teatergrillen" last night. Jonas and Daniel are good friends and this time Daniel is supporting Jonas.
Jonas och Daniel i krismöte på lyxkrog - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Photos from last night:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Madeleine had a "crisis meeting" with her sister Victoria and best friend Louise Gottlieb yesterday morning at the Haga Castle, lasting more than three hours.
Efter Jonas-krisen: Madde flyr landet - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

Jonas Bergström leaving to work on Monday morning
Profimedia
Princess Madeleine visiting the apartment while Jonas is at work on Monday
Profimedia
Profimedia

CrownPrincess5 04-14-2010 03:34 PM

Oh man! This could be bad! Madeleine smoking and meeting with friends. Jonas meeting with Daniel. This doesn't look good.

LadyFinn 04-14-2010 03:45 PM

Queen Silvia said to Expressen that she doesn´t know much about things between Madeleine and Jonas, because she hasn´t had contact with Madeleine and Jonas has been in Thailand. And she herself just came from Brazil... To the question why there won´t be a wedding this year she answered that there is so much now, that unfortunately they don´t really have time this year. There is so much program. There are the elections and a government must be formed. And in October, it´s perhaps not so beautiful, so we'll see, says the Queen.
Silvia till Expressen: Vi får se hur det blir - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Didn´t the Queen just return from Thailand, not Brazil ?

CrownPrincess5 04-14-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1068249)
Queen Silvia said to Expressen that she doesn´t know much about things between Madeleine and Jonas, because she hasn´t had contact with Madeleine and Jonas has been in Thailand. And she herself just came from Brazil... To the question why there won´t be a wedding this year she answered that there is so much now, that unfortunately they don´t really have time this year. There is so much program. There are the elections and a government must be formed. And in October, it´s perhaps not so beautiful, so we'll see, says the Queen.
Silvia till Expressen: Vi får se hur det blir - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Didn´t the Queen just return from Thailand, not Brazil ?

Exactly she did not JUST return from Brazil. As a mother and a queen how could you not know much about your daughters relationship?? The queen was not even in contact with Madeleine. Maybe nothings wrong with that, but my mom and I are busy too and we stay in contact. So that shouldn't be an excuse.

LadyFinn 04-14-2010 04:42 PM

Aftonbladet asked from Nina Eldh, the informationschef of the court, if there is going to be a wedding for Madeleine and Jonas next year. Eldh answered: "We have no answer today".
4 kritiska datum | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
The court informed Aftonbladet, that Madeleine and Jonas don´t participate to Queen Margrethe´s birthday celebrities, Madeleine has a private commitment at home.

royalsmartie 04-14-2010 05:57 PM

wow this is gettin very charles and diana hmmmm all we need now is a mistress and a public cat fight :)

HRHofNothing 04-14-2010 06:16 PM

I know the SRF is pretty inept at pr but this is embarrassing even for them. If there was no problem or minor problems there would be pictures of Madeline and Jonas out and about and denials from here to Leningrad....This leads me to believe there is a serious problem or possibly Madeline and Jonas have broken up but don't want to announce it before Victoria's wedding

royalsmartie 04-14-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHofNothing (Post 1068323)
I know the SRF is pretty inept at pr but this is embarrassing even for them. If there was no problem or minor problems there would be pictures of Madeline and Jonas out and about and denials from here to Leningrad....This leads me to believe there is a serious problem or possibly Madeline and Jonas have broken up but don't want to announce it before Victoria's wedding

I was thinking the same thing why are the srf going in circles :bang: do the queen honestly think we believe her story of not hearing from her daugther??? And you maybe its good PR.

ahtikavalentine 04-14-2010 07:13 PM

I dont think a break up between Madeleine and Jonas should be a problem for Victoria's wedding if that is what the queen and king want to protect, nothing wrong, they were engaged but what if they decided to break up? That's normal, as a couple they have their own right to decide when to stop.

Jonquil 04-14-2010 07:49 PM

Hmm, this is getting interesting. I wonder if Jonas will attend the wedding? It seems rather troublesome to feign a relationship just for the sake of good impressions, royalty or not.

Maura724 04-14-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHofNothing (Post 1068323)
I know the SRF is pretty inept at pr but this is embarrassing even for them. If there was no problem or minor problems there would be pictures of Madeline and Jonas out and about and denials from here to Leningrad....This leads me to believe there is a serious problem or possibly Madeline and Jonas have broken up but don't want to announce it before Victoria's wedding

I agree - as much as I don't want there to be anything wrong, I think if things were really peachy between the couple then we would have lots of happy, affectionate pictures of them spending time together to combat the rumors instead of this half-baked "Madeleine and Jonas who? I've been in Brazil" stuff.

I think it would be odd that they can't announce it before Victoria's wedding - that's 2 months away, not 3 days, so I don't think it would overshadow it. I think it's more likely that they're still hoping to work things out without the public ever knowing there were problems.

royalsmartie 04-14-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonquil (Post 1068346)
Hmm, this is getting interesting. I wonder if Jonas will attend the wedding? It seems rather troublesome to feign a relationship just for the sake of good impressions, royalty or not.

I think the srf will take a gamble and if he does attend I think they will stay togther for a month then break up.:whistling:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises