The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 1: June 2004-August 2005 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/anne-princess-royal-current-events-1-june-2004-august-2005-a-2742.html)

xicamaluca 06-23-2004 12:14 PM

Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 1: June 2004-August 2005

Here it his, a new thread will all the latest news and pics from the Princess Royal :flowers:

Humera 06-23-2004 09:23 PM

Princess Anne was in Canada for quite a few days a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that she insisted on wearing black gloves during the day...and it was so hot too. I think she's taking protocol a little too far, or is she somewhat stuckup?

zkarrer 06-23-2004 09:37 PM

I do not think Her Royal Highness is 'stuck up' at all. With her strict up bringing, I think she has just had certain royal values instilled in her.

wymanda 06-23-2004 09:38 PM

I think HRH has found that without gloves the constant hand shaking makes her hands very sore.
Also, she was brought up in what, today, we would consider a very old fashioned way where a lady always wears gloves. I suppose old habits are very hard to break.
She also always wears gloves when she is riding her horses but I doubt they think she is stuckup!!!!!!!

Humera 06-24-2004 12:16 AM

Well I was watching a documentary a couple of days ago and a prominent royal commentator on the British royal family remarked that Princess Anne, at times, has been known to come across as not-too-friendly when doing walkabouts or talking to people. But I suppose it is natural. I do realize that she was brought up in a different time and everything. But then again, Prince Charles seems to me to be much more relaxed and friendly when he talks to people. And when Queen Elizabeth was in Canada for her Golden Jubillee tour, she was so much friendlier than Anne, she showed genuine warmth and was always smiling when she met all the people around the country. I wouldn't have made the comment about Princess Anne if I hadn't noticed a marked difference between the various family members.
Anyway, if princess Anne must wear gloves, I think she should get rid of the ugly black ones and wear white like her mother!

HMQueenElizabethII 06-24-2004 05:12 AM

Yes,Princess Anne usually use black gloves.She rarely use the whites.

xicamaluca 06-26-2004 10:48 AM

Hello!
princess Anne opens Fens Discovery Centre in Lincolnshire Photo: Alphapress.com

With black gloves

Princess Haya 06-26-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Jun 26th, 2004 - 10:48 pm
Hello!
princess Anne opens Fens Discovery Centre in Lincolnshire Photo: Alphapress.com

With black gloves

I fail to see what the problem with the gloves is! They match the outfit perfectly. It would have looked very silly with white gloves. As wymanda said a couple of days ago HRH was raised to believe that gloves were one of the marks of a lady and it does save her hands when a lot of greetings are required.

zkarrer 06-27-2004 10:43 PM

I just want to give Princess Anne a grat round of applause for raising her children so well. You know, a lot of Diana fans tend to forget that The Princess Royal did such a fine job raising her children as well.. Anne may not be the People's Princess, but she has certainly been a great mother, and it is about high time we all realised that. Three cheers for Princess Anne! :flower:

And an extra special congrads to Zara for that great interview, well done! I know Anne has to be so proud of Zara.. she is certainly her mother's daughter. :heart:

rebecca_oxo 06-27-2004 10:58 PM

who are the babes she's talking to? :o

hrhcp 06-27-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Princess Haya  Posted: Jun 26th, 2004 - 7:25 pm

I fail to see what the problem with the gloves is! They match the outfit perfectly.

Agree !

Quote:

...HRH was raised to believe that gloves were one of the marks of a lady and it does save her hands when a lot of greetings are required.
How does it save her hands?

zkarrer 06-27-2004 11:18 PM

It keeps her hands from being bruised... :flower:

hrhcp 06-27-2004 11:20 PM

and they don't get bruised with her horse activities ?

I bet she doesn't want anybody to see the firm callouses she's developed from shaking "thousands" of hands .... :woot:

Princess Haya 06-28-2004 07:32 PM

I remember reading an article about the Queen Mum once and apparently she decided to go "gloveless" and ended up with her hands so sore and bruised after all the handshakes etc.

Yes King Christian,
HRH does protect her hands when riding. Some of us (like me) hate wearing riding gloves but in Annes' position she wouldn't want to be seen with calloused hands, broken nails etc...

A.C.C. 06-28-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wymanda@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 8:38 pm
I think HRH has found that without gloves the constant hand shaking makes her hands very sore.
Also, she was brought up in what, today, we would consider a very old fashioned way where a lady always wears gloves. I suppose old habits are very hard to break.
She also always wears gloves when she is riding her horses but I doubt they think she is stuckup!!!!!!!

Yes, Princess Anne was raised to wear gloves in a time when wearing gloves was almost mandatory for a lady, but today Royal Ladies are still raised to wear gloves. If you see Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie out at a family event such as the trooping the colour or Easter day service, they are either wearing or carrying gloves and they are only teengaers, so gloves are a royal thing. It's a part of their uniform.

A.C.C. 07-23-2004 12:12 AM

Princess Anne, the Princess Royal at the Not Forgotten Association Garden Party at Buckingham Palace, July 22, 2004

Lyonnaise 07-24-2004 10:37 AM

The Princess Royal Opens The World Bowling Championships

Princess Anne officially opens The World Bowls Championships on July 23, 2004 in , Ayr, Scotland. Bowlers from 24 different countries will be braving Scotland's inclement weather and competing for world championship titles over the next two weeks

Princess Anne

The Princess Royal

HMQueenElizabethII 08-10-2004 11:11 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PRINCESS ANNE on 15-8-2004!She is now 54!Wonderful lady.

mktv2000 09-15-2004 05:44 PM

Princess Anne at 19

1 Attachment(s)
I hadn't seen this picture before...wow!

Gabriella 09-15-2004 06:02 PM

Wow, that really is a beautiful picture. Anne was so pretty when she was younger. You can really see how much Zara looks like her in that picture.