The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 12: February 2010 - April 2010 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/princess-letizias-daytime-fashion-part-12-february-2010-april-2010-a-27014.html)

dazzling 02-16-2010 04:43 PM

Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 12: February 2010 - April 2010
 
Welcome to
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion

Part 12
The previous thread can be Found Here
TRF Rules & FAQs
*review before posting*
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright holder.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to reliable published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be removed without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact a member of the Royal House of Fashion moderating team.

Happy posting! :flowers:

Paty, dazzling, JessRulz, iceflower

ANNIE_S 02-16-2010 04:51 PM

Well, I must say that I actually LOVE the leather pants with the boots for myself, but I totally agree that theyre inappropriate for a princess in such a formal event. Besides, I quite like the jacket, very elegant and stylish worn with the scarf, but I think the whole look is a bit mismatched: elegant and formal top part and casual and too modern bottom part. :whistling:

ikram 02-16-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avrilo (Post 1051797)
Honestly, what does this woman think when she gets dressed in the morning? "I'm going to wear something horrible so the atention is on me cause otherwise I'm just an accesory of my husband".

I don't know in what universe leather pants are "fashionable" for a business/official ocassion when you are way into your thirties.



Probably just :
"I am going to dress simple , i am from middle class, i married a Prince OK, i am the future Queen ok, but i dress simply for going to work, i am not a model, not an actress on red carpet i am middle class woman going to work, like millions spanish women everyday going at work, you like the syle of some of them, you dislike the style of others "...
same for Letizia, she dresses herself with her taste, her desire of confort she doesn't want to be stunning or spectacular every days her message is clear I think

asturiana 02-16-2010 05:04 PM

The problem is, she is not a middle class woman going to work, like millions spanish women...

Juanita 02-16-2010 05:08 PM

She doesn't have to be "stunning or spectacular", as you said ikram, I think she just has to be appropriate and be aware that, whether she likes it or not, she is the future Queen and although she may like leather pants, all the media attention is focused on her. She just has to be elegant and appropriate, not too much to ask to such a beautiful woman like her :smile:

Duke of Marmalade 02-16-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikram (Post 1051808)
Probably just :
"I am going to dress simple , i am from middle class, i married a Prince OK, i am the future Queen ok, but i dress simply for going to work, i am not a model, not an actress on red carpet i am middle class woman going to work, like millions spanish women everyday going at work, you like the syle of some of them, you dislike the style of others "...
same for Letizia, she dresses herself with her taste, her desire of confort she doesn't want to be stunning or spectacular every days her message is clear I think
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

I cant imagine millions of Spanish women go to work in leather pants and if so I wonder what their profession might be :whistling:

This was a business event with the advisory board of Prince of Girona foundation and I have yet to see a woman who would turn up to a business meeting in leather pants and biker boots in everyday life ... maybe once and never again because her boss would sack her on the spot.

donnaK 02-16-2010 05:35 PM

I like the leather pants plus long jacket look, very chic, a bit too stylish for a business meeting though.

http://i50.tinypic.com/j8f9qd.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2zoirmd.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2re6ssi.jpg

Duke of Marmalade 02-16-2010 05:46 PM

Its plain tacky for a woman of her age and position plus the massive scarf indoors :wacko:

donnaK 02-16-2010 06:00 PM

Leather pants were probably not for the occasion, but definitely not the age issue. These days a 40-year-old can have a young body for leather pants or leather skirts.
It could be cold inside. The woman on the right wore a coat too.

Emmily 02-16-2010 06:56 PM

Another day, another inappropriate outfit for Letizia.

princechermed 02-16-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikram (Post 1051808)
Probably just :
"I am going to dress simple , i am from middle class, i married a Prince OK, i am the future Queen ok, but i dress simply for going to work, i am not a model, not an actress on red carpet i am middle class woman going to work, like millions spanish women everyday going at work, you like the syle of some of them, you dislike the style of others "...
same for Letizia, she dresses herself with her taste, her desire of confort she doesn't want to be stunning or spectacular every days her message is clear I think
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Agree! when it is necessary to be stunning she is the best...
Im happy that she can represent her country very dignified with normal street brands...but inside I would love to see her with an Elio Berhanyer master piece...she could be terrific

http://www.tdetendencias.com/wp-cont...er-portada.jpg

http://estaticos.20minutos.es/img/2009/04/24/954446.jpg

http://estaticos03.telva.com/imagene...02803913_0.jpg

Al_bina 02-16-2010 07:10 PM

It is obvious that Crown Princess Letizia's trendy ensemble stood out among other attendees of this meeting. If she likes to wear leather trousers, that is fine. At the least the trousers fit her well, whereas other pieces of clothes from Spanish designers leaves much to be desired.

ZUBIAUR 02-16-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnaK (Post 1051847)
I like the leather pants plus long jacket look, very chic, a bit too stylish for a business meeting though.

http://i50.tinypic.com/j8f9qd.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2zoirmd.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2re6ssi.jpg

I dislike this casual style imo.I dislike the leather pants and boots,not elegant imo:eek:

princechermed 02-16-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1051831)
I cant imagine millions of Spanish women go to work in leather pants and if so I wonder what their profession might be :whistling:

This was a business event with the advisory board of Prince of Girona foundation and I have yet to see a woman who would turn up to a business meeting in leather pants and biker boots in everyday life ... maybe once and never again because her boss would sack her on the spot.

leather pants, leather skirts, high heels are very fashionable in Spain now...maybe we are tacky or maybe we are more advanced in fashion trends than other countries...

donnaK 02-16-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princechermed (Post 1051880)
Agree! when it is necessary to be stunning she is the best...
Im happy that she can represent her country very dignified with normal street brands...but inside I would love to see her with an Elio Berhanyer master piece...she could be terrific

http://www.tdetendencias.com/wp-cont...er-portada.jpg

http://estaticos.20minutos.es/img/2009/04/24/954446.jpg

http://estaticos03.telva.com/imagene...02803913_0.jpg

I love Elio Berhanyer, not a single designer in Spain now is coming close to his work IMO. If I were Letizia, he would be my first choice. I wonder why Letizia hadn't worn a single piece from his collection. Maybe someone from Zarzuela didn't/doesn't like him. Not long ago, he had an article criticizing Sofia and Elena for prefering foreign brands.

ikram 02-16-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanita (Post 1051826)
She doesn't have to be "stunning or spectacular", as you said ikram, I think she just has to be appropriate and be aware that, whether she likes it or not, she is the future Queen and although she may like leather pants, all the media attention is focused on her. She just has to be elegant and appropriate, not too much to ask to such a beautiful woman like her :smile:

elegance is a so personnal notion ...for a lot of people here she doesn't seem elegant today, for me she is...simple and elegant...because for me Elegance is very much more than just a wardrobe topic


Quote:

Originally Posted by asturiana (Post 1051824)
The problem is, she is not a middle class woman going to work, like millions spanish women...

there is no problem there another Style of princess ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1051831)
I cant imagine millions of Spanish women go to work in leather pants and if so I wonder what their profession might be :whistling:.

:rofl: so many women wear leather pant for so many years it's a classic....you can dislike, peronaly my body don't allow me this
but it's common
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1051831)
This was a business event with the advisory board of Prince of Girona foundation and I have yet to see a woman who would turn up to a business meeting in leather pants and biker boots in everyday life ... maybe once and never again because her boss would sack her on the spot.

beeing elegant Wearing (fake) leather Pant or "leopard" or "python" prints ...is possible you just have to appear elegant or simple not vulgar...here she is (IMO) elegant, simple and not vulgar and plsu of that the pant is nice on her !

Dierna23 02-16-2010 08:40 PM

What a look. :shock: I really wish I could say anything nice about it, but no! The jacket may be okay, but the leather trousers and boots? Apart from that it absolutely doesn't suit her IMO, I find it inappropriate for a Princess. Horrible outfit, I'm sorry. :nonono:

jjkg 02-17-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dierna23 (Post 1051905)
What a look. :shock: I really wish I could say anything nice about it, but no! The jacket may be okay, but the leather trousers and boots? Apart from that it absolutely doesn't suit her IMO, I find it inappropriate for a Princess. Horrible outfit, I'm sorry. :nonono:


I agree completely. what was she thinking wearing it to a hearing. Where was the prince's head when he saw her? Why did he not ask her to change her pants? Maybe the outfit is good for a private function, not a public one.

Leti is my fav, but lately something has happened to her dress sense.

Katrianna 02-17-2010 01:26 AM

The pants and boots are totally inappropriate for this meeting. They're best left for shopping or very casual outing especially the pants. I don't think we'll see any other Princess showing up for an official function in leather pants. Mathilde has worn a leather skirt before and it looked classic on her. Leather pants....leave them in the closet if there's an official function.

Her_Majesty 02-17-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princechermed (Post 1051884)
leather pants, leather skirts, high heels are very fashionable in Spain now...maybe we are tacky or maybe we are more advanced in fashion trends than other countries...

I disagree. Spain isn't more or less advanced in fashion trends then many other European country, imo. Many countries are lining with the leather trend. You can find leather pants/skirt in every fashion store. However you see them on young women on a night out with friends (like Annie_S said). I don't remember seeing leather clothes on any business woman or woman at work though.
Imo it's not appropriate for Letizia's position, age and the event she atteded.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises