The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   2009 Picture of the Year (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/2009-picture-of-the-year-26964.html)

LadyK 02-11-2010 05:22 PM

2009 Picture of the Year

Welcome to the
2009 Official Picture of the Year poll

The pictures are the winners of the 2009 monthly official Picture of the Month polls. Now you will choose the top picture of the year! It will close on 4 March 2010. During this time, we ask that NO ONE STATE WHOM THEY'VE VOTED FOR so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. After the poll closes, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium
Ladyleana - stephanievl, Marengo

Britain
Zonk -

Brunei/Malaysia/Morocco
Humera - Warren

Denmark
Princess Robijn - Jessrulz, Madame Royale

Greece
- Odette

Japan
Dragonsfire8 - Al_bina, kkgg101

Jordan
Humera - Little_star, salma

Luxembourg
Jessrulz - grim_lady, kyansaunt20

Monaco
Iceflower - radker18,

Norway
Her_Majesty - Maura724

Spain
Paty - Ladejesus, Mari_*

Sweden
Iceflower - HRH Kerry

The Netherlands
Princess Maxima - Marengo, Lucien

UAE
dazzling -

If you have any ideas or suggestions for future polls you can post them there or contact LadyK.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in random order and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun! :flowers:
LadyK

LadyK 02-11-2010 05:24 PM

A. January- Denmark
Picture Link
Source: DRW and via Billed Bladet

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attend the 2009 New Year's Court Banquet.

B. February- Sweden
Picture Link
Source: aktuelle

So happy - Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Mr. Daniel Westling announce their engagement during a press conference at The Royal Palace on February 24, 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden. The wedding is planned to take place in early summer of 2010.

C. March- Sweden
Picture Link
Source: bunte

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden celebrates her name day on March 12, 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden. While receiving congratulations from well-wishers she looks back to her mother Queen Silvia and her fiancé Mr. Daniel Westling. It's been their first official engagement they attended together as fiancés.

D. April- Denmark
Picture Link
Source: DRW's

Balcony appearance on the occasion of HM Queen Margrethe II 69th Birthday, Amalienborg April 16th, 2009.

E. May- Sweden
Picture Link
Source: gp.se

A noisy celebration - King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crownprincess Victoria and Princess Madeleine attended a gala performance celebrating the 10th anniversary of the "World Childhood Foundation" in Goteborg, Sweden, May 18, 2009. The first of 21 salute shots came so unexpectedly that the princesses boggled and then laughed a lot.

F. June- Spain
Picture Link
Source: EFE

A nice gesture of the Prince of Asturias. He attended last week the funeral of the last victim of basque terrorist band ETA. The Picture shows Prince Felipe trying to consolate the victim's son.

G. July- Sweden
Picture Link
Source:

Source: gettyimages

A tender moment shared with the crowd - Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and her fiance Daniel Westling are photographed and congratulated during Victoria's 32nd birthday celebrations at Solliden on July 14, 2009 in Borgholm, Sweden.

H. August- Sweden
Picture Link
Source: Scanpix

Joined forces - Princess Madeleine of Sweden during the opening of a Ronald McDonald House in Linkoping, Sweden, August 26, 2009. The Princess planted a tree together with two little girls.

I. September- The Netherlands
Picture Link
Source: Seeger Press

15/09/2009 The Hague: Pricness Máxima leaves the golden state carriage, on her way to the opening of parlament.

J. October- Spain
Picture Link
Source: Terra

The Prince and the Princess of Asturias visit the Comunity of Sobreescobio, who this year won the Prince of Asturias Award for the Exemplary town.

K. November- The Netherlands
Picture Link
Source: ANP

Crown Princess Máxima of the Netherlands during the state visit to Mexico.

L. December- Sweden
Picture Link
Source: Reuters

Nobel Prinze 2009 - Queen Silvia, Princess Madeleine, King Carl XVI Gustaf, Prince Carl Philip and Crown Princess Victoria stand and sing during the Nobel Prize ceremony at the Concert Hall in Stockholm, Sweden, December 10, 2009.

Her_Majesty 02-14-2010 08:46 AM

Wow, what a year for Sweden :flowers:! 6 winning pictures! 50%!
Hard to decide which picture is the best of the year; all look great.
Btw, have a look at the January poll, too. ;)

ANNIE_S 02-14-2010 09:54 AM

Well, this year I have a clear favourite :flowers:

iceflower 02-14-2010 12:37 PM

I have to say that I actually hadn't be aware of the fact that Sweden
has won that often, I've never added the winning months..:smile: So now
it'll be really interesting to see if one of the Sweden pics can make it!

Princess_Beatrix 02-16-2010 01:15 PM

Who imagined in the beginning of 2009 that the year would be so interesting for Sweden. :smile:
I really love one of the pictures in the poll.

Her_Majesty 02-26-2010 08:41 AM

You've got one more week to vote for the picture of the year. :flowers:

White Princess 02-28-2010 02:05 AM

Nice shot! Hahahahah! :D

Her_Majesty 03-05-2010 05:31 AM

The poll is closed.

Picture of the year 2009 is....

:swedenflag:February - Sweden :swedenflag:
(23 votes)

So happy - Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Mr. Daniel Westling announce their engagement during a press conference at The Royal Palace on February 24, 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden. The wedding is planned to take place in early summer of 2010.
Thank you for voting! :D

Lina RdC 03-10-2010 10:51 AM

Yes! I expected this lovely photo to win. It's almost impossible not to be caught by Victoria's and Daniel's overwhelming joy -of course even more if you know how much effort it took them to convince all of the "important" people in their surroundings that they've made the right choice... :flowers:
But as I said, I was quite sure that the majority would vote for this picture, so I' ve decided to give a little "support" to that sweet photo with Madeleine and the girls planting a tree. Madeleine and the girl in front of her even look a bit like sisters from side-face imo (at least at first sight):biggrin:

Especioso 03-16-2010 06:44 PM

Me too this year I have a clear favorite.... thanks