The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Imperial House of Austria (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f210/)
-   -   Death and Funeral of HI&RH Archduchess Regina, 3 February 2010 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f210/death-and-funeral-of-hi-and-rh-archduchess-regina-3-february-2010-a-26890.html)

Dierna23 02-04-2010 03:08 AM

Very sad news, my condolences to the House of Habsburg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearghas (Post 1047676)
As has been commented on another forum, after the loss of one of a couple of this age and who have been married for long, it is often the case that the other partner goes not long after.

Yes, I've noticed this "phenomenon" as well and I feel very sorry for Archduke Otto.
Btw, I know P÷cking where they live/lived very well and I hope the Archduchess enjoyed it to live at this beautiful place during her last years. May she rest in peace. :easter:

Kai29 02-04-2010 04:09 AM

But why will she not buried in the Kapuzinergruft in Vienna?!

Ducii 02-04-2010 04:17 AM

Rest in peace archduchess Regina. She could be our queen....

carinthia 02-04-2010 04:26 AM

as I understood the archduchess will be burried later on together with her husband in the kapuzinergruft in vienna. this might be otto's plan to be burried together (on the same day?) with his wife in the kapuzinergruft.

Stefan 02-04-2010 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai29 (Post 1047705)
But why will she not buried in the Kapuzinergruft in Vienna?!

perhaps it is her wish to be buried next to her parents and her brother.

MAfan 02-04-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearghas (Post 1047676)
unless someone knows of another prince/princess born before the war and is still alive?

Infanta Maria Adelaide of Braganša turned a few days ago 98 years, being born on 31 January 1912, and Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria-Tuscany, Archduchess by marriage but great-granddaughter of Emperor Franz Josef, who was born in 1913; and there are many Princes born during the war to be still alive, like Otto's brother Felix, or Princess dona Maria d'Orleans-Braganša, or Princess Henriette vuz Liechtenstein.

Stefan 02-04-2010 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAfan (Post 1047732)
Infanta Maria Adelaide of Braganša turned a few days ago 98 years, being born on 31 January 1912, and Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria-Tuscany, Archduchess by marriage but great-granddaughter of Emperor Franz Josef, who was born in 1913; and there are many Princes born during the war to be still alive, like Otto's brother Felix, or Princess dona Maria d'Orleans-Braganša, or Princess Henriette vuz Liechtenstein.

And if you include the mediatized Houses even more like Count Albert of Rechberg (born 1912), Duke Carl of Croy (born in 1914) whio was biorn short after the star of the War.

fearghas 02-04-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 1047687)
Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard come to mind,yes.

But they both passed away in 2004. Are there any others born before the first world war but still alive now?
Asposted above yes there are still a few.

Stefan 02-04-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearghas (Post 1047755)
But they both passed away in 2004. Are there any others born before the first world war but still alive now?

I think Lucien wanted to say that the passed away short after each other as it's often the case with Couples who are married for such a long time.

santos1988 02-04-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearghas (Post 1047676)
unless someone knows of another prince/princess born before the war and is still alive?

Princess Agnes of L÷wenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg was born in 1902, her sisters Princess Theresia (born 1909) and Princess Maria-Anna (born 1914) are also still alive and of course Princess Karoline Matilde Vlangali-Handjeri, who was born on 6 October 1900.

Stefan 02-04-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santos1988 (Post 1047782)
Princess Agnes of L÷wenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg was born in 1902, her sisters Princess Theresia (born 1909) and Princess Maria-Anna (born 1914) are also still alive and of course Princess Karoline Matilde Vlangali-Handjeri, who was born on 6 October 1900.

Princess Agnes died in 1991 and Princess Theresia and Princess maria-Anna both died in 2000.

santos1988 02-04-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1047783)
Princess Agnes died in 1991 and Princess Theresia and Princess maria-Anna both died in 2000.

Yes sorry my mistake, i find wrong source:innocent:

Kai29 02-04-2010 10:22 AM

Said that the Hofburg in Vienna (The Presidents Residence) didn┤t react on the death of the Archduchesses!

RJ TAYLER 02-04-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai29 (Post 1047817)
Said that the Hofburg in Vienna (The Presidents Residence) didn┤t react on the death of the Archduchesses!

I am sad to have to say this but did you really think they would now? After all they would be acknowledging a wrong committed by the founding of their very state.

hilal 02-04-2010 11:27 AM

Rest in Peace.

RubyPrincess168 02-04-2010 12:24 PM

I watched the youtube clip of her wedding to Otto on the blog page - wowsers was that a long, and wide train! Bigger than Princess Diana's or not?

puresnow 02-04-2010 08:06 PM

Rest in Peace. :easter:

Warren 02-05-2010 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1047553)
...she will be buried at the Family Vault at Heldburg.

Schloss Heldburg, Hildburghausen
-> close-up - click

-> long shot - below
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...teHeldburg.jpg

Image not subject to copyright under the GNU Free Documentation Licence (pic courtesy Wikipedia)





maria-olivia 02-05-2010 08:57 AM

I think the idea to be buried next to her parents at thefamily vault perfect. In Vienna there is no room for the Archiduchesses and 3 sons of Emperor Charles and Empress Zita are still alive , Otto , Felix and Rodolphe . They are all in the 90 ties.

MAfan 02-05-2010 09:51 AM

I've never thought that Otto and Regina would be buried in the Kapuzinergruft, but in the new crypt in Muri, Switzerland, where are already buried Archduke Robert, Archduchess Xenia, the first wife of Rudolph, and their son Johannes, and Archduchess Anna Eugenie, the wife of Felix.
So I think that also Felix and Rudolph will be buried in Muri.
By the way, in the Kapuzinergruft there are at least three stone bases ready for at least three more Archdukes, as you can see in the pictures in this site; one of them is next to Archduke Carl Ludwig's grave, and I guess will be occupied by Archduchess Yolande.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises