The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Genealogy (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f96/)
-   -   Royal Descendants from the Prophet Mohammad (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f96/royal-descendants-from-the-prophet-mohammad-26875.html)

Falcon 01-17-2005 04:32 AM

Royal Descendants from the Prophet Mohammad

As the Prophet Muhammad said " Rulership belongs to Quraish" (or something like that.I cant remember)

Anyway,...check out this family tree of the European descendents of the Quraish of Mecca.

http://www.compapp.dcu.ie/~humphrys/FamTree/Islam/

hillary_nugent 01-17-2005 07:28 AM

wow thanks for the link Falcon it is very interesting!

Reina 01-17-2005 03:52 PM

Also alot of German royals and other royals (like Portugal, SPain, Itlay, etc., etc.) have had relations and marriages with Moors. In fact Queen Charlotte of Great Britain (consort of King George) was a descendant ofMoors. Therefore the Bristish RF has black and Islamic blood.

But also many European RF's are descendants of the Israeli kings. The British RF is a direct descendant of David and the Monegasque PF is a direct descendant of the House of Judah. And I am sure there are other European RF's descendants of the Israeli royalty.

lovy_bear 01-19-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falcon
As the Prophet Muhammad said " Rulership belongs to Quraish" (or something like that.I cant remember)

Anyway,...check out this family tree of the European descendents of the Quraish of Mecca.

http://www.compapp.dcu.ie/~humphrys/FamTree/Islam/

From what I've read in the Quran, Qureysh was a pagan tribe/religion in ancient Arabia and was in no way equivalent to the religion of Islam (therefore Qureyshi individuals weren't Muslim and vice versa). Prophet Muhammad was actually a member of Qureysh by birth until his conversion/reversion to Islam. Where (in what source/reference) did you find the quote mentioned above? If he did actually say those words, he was probably talking about how Qureyshi individuals were ruling over Arabia at a given time(s) in history.

Layla27 01-20-2005 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovy_bear
From what I've read in the Quran, Qureysh was a pagan tribe/religion in ancient Arabia and was in no way equivalent to the religion of Islam (therefore Qureyshi individuals weren't Muslim and vice versa). Prophet Muhammad was actually a member of Qureysh by birth until his conversion/reversion to Islam. Where (in what source/reference) did you find the quote mentioned above? If he did actually say those words, he was probably talking about how Qureyshi individuals were ruling over Arabia at a given time(s) in history.

lovy_bear, if I am not mistaken, most Qureysh tribesmen and women converted to islam before the death of the prophet.

lovy_bear 01-21-2005 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layla27
lovy_bear, if I am not mistaken, most Qureysh tribesmen and women converted to islam before the death of the prophet.

Yes a lot of them did convert/revert to Islam, but once they became Muslim, the term Qureysh no longer applied to them (since they became the followers of another religion) (atleast that's what I've heard/read).

Falcon 01-21-2005 04:47 AM

Hello friends!!

Actually, Quraish is the name of the most respected tribe in Arabia BEFORE Islam. It is the Prophet's tribe. However, by converting to Islam from paganism didnt mean people changed their names. There are millions of people who have "Quraishi" as surnames cuz it denotes where their ancestors came from. Genealogy is VERY important for muslims not to denote superiority, but just to let new generations know where their earliest forefathers came from.

As for the quote "Rulership is with Quraish", it was recorded in a book by TJ Winters called "Death and the Remembrance of the Afterlife". In it it is stated that when asked about who would succeed the Prophet, he said something along the lines of " This thing (rulership) is with the Quraish, the best of them shall lead the best of them, and the worst of them shall lead the worst". Here is a list of Quraishi rulers through the ages:

the first 4 Caliphs of the Islamic World
1.Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq (ancestor of Siddiqis)
2.Omar al-Farooq (ancestor of Farooqis)
3.Othmaan (ancestors of those who call themselves Osmanees)
4.Ali (Ancestor of the Alaawis, Shareefs and Sayyids)
5. Umayyad Caliphs of Damascus and Spain
6. Abbasid Caliphs of Baghdad (Ancestors of the Ameers of Bahawalpur, Pakistan)
7. Kings of Avadh (India)

The list is endless!!!!!

msfroyste 01-21-2005 06:54 AM

i remember a show that was on pbs, here in the states, a while ago that stated that queen charlotte of england was descended from a portuguese princess that was african. i'm sure that the link is still active if you go to the website : http://www.pbs.org

principessa 02-02-2010 02:59 AM

Royal Descendants from Muhammad

Hallo,

are there beside the Jordan and the Moroccan royal families any other families descendants from Muhammad, the founder of the muslim faith? And in which generation are the current leader descendent from Muhammad?

Thank you!

principessa

iowabelle 02-02-2010 03:57 AM

The entire British Royal Family descend from Muhammad and his grandson Hussein. The Arab kings of Seville married into the royal families of Castile and Portugal, which married other European royal families.

I would assume most European royals are also descendants.

norenxaq 02-03-2010 01:24 AM

spanish descent from mohammed is heavily debated and not certain. However, the former kings of Lybia are descendants as are the Sultans of Brunei

Wisteria 02-03-2010 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reina (Post 165093)
Also alot of German royals and other royals (like Portugal, SPain, Itlay, etc., etc.) have had relations and marriages with Moors. In fact Queen Charlotte of Great Britain (consort of King George) was a descendant ofMoors. Therefore the Bristish RF has black and Islamic blood.

This is a common misconception. The lover of King Alphonse III of Portugal, who is the common ancestor of nearly all the present day royals including Prince Charles, was not a Moor, she was descended from Sephardic jews and if you Google her family tree you can see more than one rabbi. She was given the name Mor which people confused with Moor, but it was the common diminutive of the medieval name Maior.
I know it is a nice thought, but it just isnīt true.

Veram98 02-04-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1046945)
Hallo,

are there beside the Jordan and the Moroccan royal families any other families descendants from Muhammad, the founder of the muslim faith? And in which generation are the current leader descendent from Muhammad?

Thank you!

principessa

the Aga Khan (Shah Karīm al-Hussaynī, The Āgā Khān IV), the 49th and current Imam of the Shia Imami Ismaiili Muslims (their first Imam was Ali the cousin and son-in-law of the Prophet Muhammad).

Wisteria 02-05-2010 10:58 AM

Could anyone tell me if the Emirs of the extinct kingdom of Granada were descended from the Prophet, I have heard that most of the Portuguese royal family and some families in Tunisia are descendants.

Veram98 02-05-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisteria (Post 1048289)
Could anyone tell me if the Emirs of the extinct kingdom of Granada were descended from the Prophet.

No, they were not. The Nasrids were descendents of Sa'd ibn Ubada from Medina who was the Emir of the Banu Khazraj tribe at the time of the Prophet's death.

Wisteria 02-05-2010 05:34 PM

Thank you very much Veram. That is the information I was looking for and very interesting.

Veram98 02-05-2010 05:51 PM

You are welcome:smile:
None of the dynasties ruling in al-Andalus were sherifian (descendents of the Prophet).

Wisteria 02-06-2010 01:50 PM

This is very interesting, but there is still something that intrigues me if it wasnīt through Granada , how is King Juan Carlos a descendant, I read something about the Pretender to the Portuguese throne saying the same and that it was through Saint Isabel, Queen of Portugal.

Veram98 02-06-2010 08:32 PM

They may believe that they are descendents. But such a descent is not really documented in the sources (with any claim to historical basis).

There are several stories claiming a Mohammedan lineage of the Iberian royal families (and thus other European royals). The most "convicing" among them is that an ancestor of Saint Isabel's husband King Diniz (Denis) of Portugal was a Princess Sancha of Castile, herself daughter of King Alfonso VI of Castile-Leon and his wife Isabel. This Isabel is said to be a renamed and baptizied Zayda and be a member of the Abbadite family (in the 11th century the Arab Emirs of Sevilla). This was not a sherifian family with a male lineage to the Prophet (like the royals of Jordan and Morocco or the Aga Khan's family), but the founder of that dynasty was married to a daughter of Ismail al-Mansur, the third Caliph of the Fatimids in North Africa, and the Fatimids were direct descendents of the Prophet via his grandson Hussein (and are the forefathers of the Aga Khan).

Wisteria 02-07-2010 04:20 AM

Once again thank you for sharing your vast knowledge.