The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Marius Borg Hoiby - Discussions (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/marius-borg-hoiby-discussions-26848.html)

Alexandria 08-18-2003 07:56 PM

Marius Borg Hoiby - Discussions
 
Polfoto 18-08-2003 Asker 18.08.03: Marius' first day at school Marius had his first day at school at Janslökka school in Asker today. The school is situated just across the road from the Crown Pince family's new home at Skaugum. Marius was followed to school by his father Morten Borg, his mother Crown Prince Mette-Marit, and his step-father Crown Prince Haakon. Photo: Mette Möller/Dagbladet/All Over Press Norway (Code: 505962a)

Polfoto 18-08-2003 Asker 18.08.03: Marius' first day at school Marius had his first day at school at Janslökka school in Asker today. The school is situated just across the road from the Crown Pince family's new home at Skaugum. Marius was followed to school by his father Morten Borg, his mother Crown Prince Mette-Marit, and his step-father Crown Prince Haakon. Photo: Mette Möller/Dagbladet/All Over Press Norway (Code: 505962a)

xicamaluca 08-19-2003 05:49 AM

Nettavisen

THE NORWEGIAN ROYAL FAMILY:

The Crown Prince takes Marius to school
Av Hanne Dankertsen 19.08.03 08:46


Monday was the first day at school for Norway's 6-year-olds, including Marius Borg Høiby, son of Crown Princess Mette-Marit. His mother, father and stepfather Crown Prince Haakon took Marius to school for the very first time.

The first day of school is not a long one, but is may be quite an overwhelming one for excited 6-year-olds. One particular group of children were even more excited, as the son of the Crown Princess was to join their class.

The press was ready

At midday 71 6-year-olds were arriving the school in Asker along with their parents. A number of reporters were waiting to see Marius and his family.

Marius was wearing a big black and light blue rucksack and held his fathers hand for some time, but stayed close to his mother most of the time.

New friends

Marius will be in a class of 16-17 children and their teacher took the class to their classroom where the lesson of the day consisted of drawing and chatting. The parents were in the classrooms to t with before attending a meeting with the principal in the gym hall.

Close to home

After two hours the first day was over and the family drove back to their home in Ullevålsveien, here they live when waiting for the royal property Skaugum to be restored. Marius's new school is located very close to Skaugum.

Marius will learn Norwegian, English, religion, music, gymnastics and a number of other subjects the first year. His class will also enjoy other activities such as trips to the forest and visiting museums.

Principal Arnt-Jørgen Nilsen said he is pleased that the royal family has chosen their local school for Marius, saying: "We see this as a challenge ad hope to fulfil the wishes Marius and his parents have to the school".


:flower: Xicamaluca

anna 08-19-2003 09:30 AM

Marius Borg Høiby was also accompanied to schoolstart by his paternal grandmother - farmor - Mette Borg - wearing blue skirt, white blouse and iceblue jacket - to be seen above in the pic Alexandria Posted: Aug 19th, 2003 - 1:58 am

carlota 07-27-2005 04:05 PM

Marius' father
 
this week se og hor says:

sjokk beskjed for gravide mette marit: marius papa i terror drama

perhaps somebody can translate?

in the srmb it has also been said that they were spending some holidays in valentino's private yatch and kyril and wife rosario were also there. :)

Dennism 07-27-2005 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota
this week se og hor says:

sjokk beskjed for gravide mette marit: marius papa i terror drama

Shock message for pregnant Mette Marit: Marius´ father in terror drama. Don´t know what it´s about though.

KikkiB 07-28-2005 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennism
Shock message for pregnant Mette Marit: Marius´ father in terror drama. Don´t know what it´s about though.

Marius' father, his new wife, her son from a former relationship and their new born (or nearly new born) son were in Sharm-el-Sheik when the bombs exploded. It's said (from Se og Hør that is) that they were sleeping in their hotel a hundred metres form where the bombs went off.

auntie 07-28-2005 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikkiB
Marius' father, his new wife, her son from a former relationship and their new born (or nearly new born) son were in Sharm-el-Sheik when the bombs exploded. It's said (from Se og Hør that is) that they were sleeping in their hotel a hundred metres form where the bombs went off.

gosh she must have been really shocked

kwanfan 07-28-2005 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikkiB
Marius' father, his new wife, her son from a former relationship and their new born (or nearly new born) son were in Sharm-el-Sheik when the bombs exploded. It's said (from Se og Hør that is) that they were sleeping in their hotel a hundred metres form where the bombs went off.

Wow. Thank goodness they are all okay.

Larzen 08-04-2005 12:01 PM

Haakon teaching Marius to windsurf
 
Haakon was teachin Marius how to windsurf at Maagerø where they were celebrating Haakons birthday. There is also a smal girl on the pictures but I dont recognise her

pictures from cover

KikkiB 08-04-2005 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
Haakon was teachin Marius how to windsurf at Maagerø where they were celebrating Haakons birthday. There is also a smal girl on the pictures but I dont recognise her

pictures from cover

I'm not 100 % sure, but I think that the little girl might be Marius' cousin.

LaMinka 08-07-2005 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikkiB
I'm not 100 % sure, but I think that the little girl might be Marius' cousin.

I think its Tuva Hoiby. My boyfriends sister is Norwegian and she think its Tuva, Espens daugther.

KikkiB 08-07-2005 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaMinka
I think its Tuva Hoiby. My boyfriends sister is Norwegian and she think its Tuva, Espens daugther.

Yes, that does make sense :)

KikkiB 08-10-2005 04:55 AM

Will Marius get a title?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiaraprin
While Marius cannot be a royal, maybe someday Haakon will grant him an aristocratic title if appropriate. He is the brother of a future Queen!

I have to disappoint you, since Norway doesn't have an aristocracy and thus no titles, Marius won't get one. It has been "extinct" since the mid 1850s (I think!)

But there is a large chance, IMO, that he might get a high position in the society through the connections he might establish through his relation to the royal family and thus the business life and official life in Norway. And he probably would get access to the college/university that he likes, because even if one doesn't want to people will give him a benefit since he is related to the royal family. To please the royal family so to speak. One can argue that people wont do such a thing in our days, but I think that deep inside people have some awe and respect of the royal family.

So he might be in the diplomatic corps, he might be in the military, he might be in business, he might be a carpenter, he might be a bus driver. Who knows?? Time will tell!

hippiesheep 08-10-2005 03:43 PM

I can't understand this discussion about Marius given a title. Would it make him a better person to be a prince or a duke or something like that?
Why can't he be respected for what he is, Marius Hoiby Borg, the son of Mette-Marit and Morten Borg?
IMHO it's as good as to be a prince...

kate14 08-10-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiesheep
I can't understand this discussion about Marius given a title. Would it make him a better person to be a prince or a duke or something like that?
Why can't he be respected for what he is, Marius Hoiby Borg, the son of Mette-Marit and Morten Borg?
IMHO it's as good as to be a prince...


Well Said, Hippiesheep. This topic never seems to END!

planetcher 08-11-2005 01:08 AM

Who pays for Marius' education and other expenses?
 
Just curious, I don't mean any harm or heated debates but who's financing Marius' education and other expenses? Does he get an allowance (aka tax payers' moulah) or his father still provides for him as he should be?

lashinka2002 08-11-2005 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiesheep
I can't understand this discussion about Marius given a title. Would it make him a better person to be a prince or a duke or something like that?
Why can't he be respected for what he is, Marius Hoiby Borg, the son of Mette-Marit and Morten Borg?
IMHO it's as good as to be a prince...

I think if Marius gets a title he will be disrespected as a result by not only his peers but the public as well. Not a good idea. Your right, he is who he is, why change it? Unless Hakon adopts him but his fathers still alive so why would that happen?

Larzen 08-11-2005 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetcher
Just curious, I don't mean any harm or heated debates but who's financing Marius' education and other expenses? Does he get an allowance (aka tax payers' moulah) or his father still provides for him as he should be?

Public school is free in Norway from you are six years troughout university, unless you choose to go to a private school, I would say atleast 98 % children go to public schools from they are 6 to they are 18-19, there is no need to go to private school as the public ones are of good quality (some choose private schools for special needs children or for religious reasons). Most also choose publich schooling for hogher education. All the universitys are free also. Although there are some Private higher education which you would have to pay for if you choose them.

Who pays for his private costs is not known, but as he lives with Haakon and MM I would guess they cover much of his expenses and when he is with his father he takes care of him, that is ofcourse a private matter, he will never get any money from the state, he will have to earn them and pay taxes like everyone else.

KikkiB 08-11-2005 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
Public school is free in Norway from you are six years troughout university, unless you choose to go to a private school, I would say atleast 98 % children go to public schools from they are 6 to they are 18-19, there is no need to go to private school as the public ones are of good quality (some choose private schools for special needs children or for religious reasons). Most also choose publich schooling for hogher education. All the universitys are free also. Although there are some Private higher education which you would have to pay for if you choose them.

Who pays for his private costs is not known, but as he lives with Haakon and MM I would guess they cover much of his expenses and when he is with his father he takes care of him, that is ofcourse a private matter, he will never get any money from the state, he will have to earn them and pay taxes like everyone else.

Just some comments; for schooling - it's partly true that higher education is free. When you go to public upper secondary school you have to buy the school books and notebooks and so on yourself. But to go to the school is free (no fee). And for public universities and polytechnicolleges you have to pay a small fee each semester (500 nok plus/minus a 100 nok depending on which insitution you are at and it covers paper mostly, for copying and printing) and also you buy the books and supplies you need. And for quality of the public mandatory school, it may vary from municipality to muncipality due to funding, but that is another can of worms.

As for who pays for Marius' care. The system in Norway is such that when the parents of the child isn't living together (through divorce and split ups) the person who has the daily care for the child will recieve a monthly sum (even though some persons refuse to pay) from the parent who doesn't have the daily care. The size of the sum depends of the number of kids you have to provide for and what your income is. I guess it's the same for Marius. His dad pays a montly sum for his care (to buy clothes, to pay spare time activities and so on). IMO, Haakon also will provide financially for Marius' care, as Marius is a member of his family.

norwegianne 08-11-2005 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikkiB
Just some comments; for schooling - it's partly true that higher education is free. When you go to public upper secondary school you have to buy the school books and notebooks and so on yourself. But to go to the school is free (no fee). And for public universities and polytechnicolleges you have to pay a small fee each semester (500 nok plus/minus a 100 nok depending on which insitution you are at and it covers paper mostly, for copying and printing) and also you buy the books and supplies you need. And for quality of the public mandatory school, it may vary from municipality to muncipality due to funding, but that is another can of worms.

As for who pays for Marius' care. The system in Norway is such that when the parents of the child isn't living together (through divorce and split ups) the person who has the daily care for the child will recieve a monthly sum (even though some persons refuse to pay) from the parent who doesn't have the daily care. The size of the sum depends of the number of kids you have to provide for and what your income is. I guess it's the same for Marius. His dad pays a montly sum for his care (to buy clothes, to pay spare time activities and so on). IMO, Haakon also will provide financially for Marius' care, as Marius is a member of his family.

Also, Mette-Marit is most likely receiving child benefits from the State for Marius, as other Norwegian mothers do. It would be strange if she weren't. Though, I doubt they get that for Ingrid Alexandra.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises