The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Imperial House of Habsburg (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f210/)
-   -   Habsburg Burial Places (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f210/habsburg-burial-places-26187.html)

jonnydep 12-06-2009 02:33 PM

Habsburg Burial Places

some years ago, whilst on holiday in austria i visited the small village of st gilgen. i also visited the local church and stumbled across what i think are some habsburg graves in the churchyard. i remember thinking to myself " what a remote place for members of the habsburg family to be buried ?"

however i have learnt since that both peter ferdinand, archduke of austria, the head of the grand ducal family of tuscany and his wife died in st gilgen within a year of each other (1947 / 48).

now i am wondering if the adove graves are that of the adove couple, but after doing a limited search of various websites, i have found nothing to support my hunch !! :sad:

i would be very interested to see if any other fellow members may have details to confirm the fact or otherwise.....
thanks......:flowers:

Stefan 12-06-2009 03:05 PM

See here for the graves at the Churchyard of St. Gilgen. There are lots opf other pictures from royal/Nobles graves on thi QWEbsite:

jonnydep 12-06-2009 03:54 PM

:previous:
hi.....what a star you are !! :biggrin:
thank you very much for confirming my hunch and yes it goes without saying that the photos are of the graves i came across many years ago.

btw one of my friends here, did do a search on the adove site, but found nothing, dont know how he missed the entries !! :lol:

cheers stefan !! :flowers:

Stefan 02-03-2010 03:08 PM

Archduchess Regina (1925-2010)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1047398)
Die Presse: Ehefrau von Otto Habsburg gestorben ź DiePresse.com

Archduchess Regina, wife of the Archduke Otto, passed away this morning, 3 February 2010, at 08.40 in her home in P÷cking, Bavaria.

According to this article she she will lay in State in P÷cking at Tuesday from Satuday till Monday, there will be a Requiem at P÷cking lead by Bishop Mixa and on Wednesday she will be interred in the Family Vault at Schloss Heldburg in Hildburghausen, Thuringia, Germany.

Warren 02-06-2010 03:34 PM

Kapuzinergruft

A short video showing the Kapuzinergruft ("Imperial Crypt" or "Capuchin Crypt") and the final resting places of the Emperor Franz Josef, Empress Elisabeth and Crown Prince Rudolf.

YouTube - Kapzinerkirche Kaisergruft

The next is a longer video showing more of the Kapuzinergruft and the many sarcophagi of Emperors, Empresses and members of the Imperial Family.

btsnyder 02-08-2010 01:03 AM

My brother and I were discussing today how we were alittle surprised that Archduchess Regina chose to be buried with her family and not her husband's family in the Kapuzinergruft. This made us wonder -- where do you think that Archduke Otto's final resting place would be? I would think it would be with his mother in Vienna, but who knows. Does anyone know if he has ever said anything on the subject?

jonnydep 02-12-2010 04:58 PM

hi warren,
thank you for the wonderful video's !
they are very much appreciated indeed......:smile:

Christoph 02-15-2010 07:28 AM

As I said before in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f210/death-and-funeral-of-hi-and-rh-archduchess-regina-3-february-2010-a-26890-4.html

Archduchess Regina will only be temporary in the Heldburg family vault/crypt.

After Archduke Otto has died, they will both be "buried" in the Kapuzinergruft in Vienna.

Fr. Christoph +

Quote:

Originally Posted by btsnyder (Post 1049032)
My brother and I were discussing today how we were alittle surprised that Archduchess Regina chose to be buried with her family and not her husband's family in the Kapuzinergruft. This made us wonder -- where do you think that Archduke Otto's final resting place would be? I would think it would be with his mother in Vienna, but who knows. Does anyone know if he has ever said anything on the subject?