The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 1: May 2003-October 2005 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-and-princess-michael-of-kent-current-events-1-may-2003-october-2005-a-2613.html)

Alexandria 05-08-2003 09:29 AM

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 1: May 2003-October 2005

4 Attachment(s)
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the Badminton Horse Trials, May 4, 2003.

www.rexfeatures.com

What do you all think of her boots? Appropriate because she was at a horse show or totally out of sync with her nice conservative outfit?

mybags 05-08-2003 06:04 PM

Well, all I can say is, those are the UGLIEST boots I have ever seen, especially on Royalty. Princess Michael does have on a nice, conservative outfit but she definitely does not know how to pick out shoes to match. Totally OUT of sync.

Yuna 05-08-2003 07:28 PM

Um. I don't want to be malicious, but I don't like her boots.

Oh I agree with you, mybags :)

Teresa 05-09-2003 06:49 AM

:o
I don't like those boots, even less with the outfit she's wearing wich I find nice.

Alexandria 05-09-2003 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
www.hello.com

What do you think of this outfit by Princess Michael of Kent at the opening of a museum in London? I have been reading a lot of comments on other message boards about her dress looking a bit like pajamas.

Myself, I like the colour of the dress but I can't say that I much care for the design. Princess Michael has a pretty trim figure, and shouldn't cover it up with a straight sheath dress like this. (Not that I want her to be dressing like Christina Aguilera and showing her belly :P but something more tailored would be nice.)

Jenna1186 05-21-2003 05:58 AM

PRINCESS PUSHY'S HAUGHTY CULTURE

May 21 2003
By Richard Smith

PRINCESS Michael of Kent has got a group of prisoners to do her gardening for free.

She called for their help, unpaid, after seeing the award-winning garden they created at this week's Chelsea Flower Show.

The royal - dubbed Princess Pushy - had earlier told TV's Alan Titchmarsh she didn't have enough staff to do the weeding at home.

But after meeting Richard Booty, governor of Leyhill prison, Gloucs, she can now expect a visit from inmates to her nearby Nether Lypiatt estate.

They won gold for their woodland-themed garden, No Time To Stand And Stare, in the show garden category. It was inspired by William Henry Davies' poem Leisure.

The prison previously won silver at Chelsea in 2001 and gold in 2000.

The princess's five-acre garden featured on BBC2's coverage of the Chelsea Flower Show. A royal aide said yesterday she wanted to show her support for the prisoners.

He said: "She went to the stand and spoke to the person in charge.

"She thought the garden was exceptional, unbelievably beautiful.

"It came up in the conversation that she would be interested in employing a number of prisoners to work on her garden. She also said she would be very willing, once they have left prison, to employ them on a more permanent basis."

The garden was designed by head of inmate activities Jeff Goundrill.

He said: "I am absolutely thrilled with this garden, both for the team at Chelsea and for the staff and prisoners at Leyhill who can't be here. This is the icing on the cake."

The garden includes wild and native plants, ranging from bluebells and wild garlic to cowslips, willow herb, rushes and grasses.

A footpath leads over an arched bridge which goes through the garden to a woodland walk.

Inmate Jez, 24, described the award as a "once in a lifetime achievement". He added: "It is a feeling like I have never felt before - it is absolutely incredible." While serving time, Jez has achieved an NVQ in bricklaying. A second qualification in machinery meant he was able to operate the digger which helped build the garden.

He plans to ditch a life of crime and stick to gardening. He said: "I definitely want to continue in this line of work, landscaping."

Leyhill open prison has 520 inmates coming to the end of their sentences. It runs a successful community placement project with inmates working in charity shops, private gardens and factories.

Last night, a spokesman for the Prison Service said placements were a "valuable tool" to help inmates get accustomed to being back in the community.

He said all prisoners had risk assessment over the possible danger they might pose, adding: "We feel these schemes make a valuable contribution to reducing re-offending by easing prisoners back into the community."

Phil Wheatley, director general of the Prison Service, last night praised the Leyhill team.

He said: "I am immensely proud of Jeff Goundrill, the prisoners and all at Leyhill who produced a garden of exceptional quality."

Enver Solomon, policy officer at the Prison Reform Trust, said: "This is a very positive thing - prisons should be about providing prisoners with opportunities."

Four years ago, Princess Michael was accused of bringing traffic to a standstill when she travelled to the flower show in a limousine with police outriders.

And Buckingham Palace recently "humiliated" the princess and her husband Prince Michael of Kent by giving them seven years to move out of their apartment at Kensington Palace.

They had previously been told the rent-free apartment, given by the Queen as a wedding present in 1978, would be theirs for life.

From The Mirror.

mybags 06-05-2003 04:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se

Jalmey 06-06-2003 02:06 PM

Thanks for the photos Mybags!!

I was wondering, why is she called Princess Pushy?? :huh:

mybags 06-07-2003 04:12 PM

I have no idea!!

grecka 06-08-2003 09:25 AM

The woman is look great at 58 :w00t:

Alexandria 06-23-2003 08:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By FRANK ROLLITZ/REX FEATURES WEDDING OF PRINCE HENRICH ZU SAYN WITTGENSTEIN TO PRISCILLA INCISA DELLA ROCHETTA, BOLGHERI, TUSCANY, ITALY - 21 JUN 2003

Jalmey 06-27-2003 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My boy is not a junkie, says Princess Michael
By Caroline Davies
(Filed: 25/06/2003) Telegraph

Princess Michael of Kent has spoken of her dismay that her son, Lord
Frederick Windsor, has been branded "a junkie" over his
experimentation with cocaine.

"He's down as a drug-user, but he's not," she said in a highly
personal interview. "You just have to watch him in action. Freddie
isn't a junkie."

Lord Frederick, 24, who has just finished four years at Oxford and is
now going to law school, publicly admitted using the drug after being
photographed leaving a party in a dishevelled state.

But his mother insists he resisted the temptation of drugs for years,
and that she had tried to emphasise the dangers of drug abuse to both
her son and her daughter, Lady Gabriella, 22, who is now studying at
Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island.

"I went through a lot of trouble with the drug thing because it's
every mother's worst fear," she said in an interview with Hello!
magazine.

"So, just before he was due to go to Eton, when he was 12 or 13, I
took Freddie and Ella to a drug rehabilitation centre to see for
themselves.

"When we were there, what looked like an old woman came up and told
us, 'I'm 17. I haven't got a tooth in my head. I have had two
children I've never seen. Do you want to be like me?'

"Both children were sick in the garden when we left, they were so
shocked." She then took them to Scotland Yard to see what drugs
looked like so they could recognise them. "Ella was freaked out, anti-
drugs - she's a health nut and eats raw vegetables.

"And Freddie was logically and academically anti-drugs and bored all
his friends to death in his first year at university about it. But
because he hadn't tried drugs he was teased for not knowing what he
was talking about.

"Finally he gave in and agreed to try it, but there were two boys who
heard and shopped him to the press.

"That's my son's drug record. That's their 'admitted drug user or
abuser'," she said. "He asked me what to say when the press rang up
and I told him, 'Mea culpa. I tried it, I'm sorry and I'm never going
to try it again'."

She said her son was "tough".

"He has got to know what it's all about and he's his own person. He's
very well in his own skin."

Princess Michael, who celebrates 25 years of marriage to Prince
Michael of Kent next month, also spoke of their shock that they will
be forced to leave the Kensington Palace apartment in which they have
lived, rent-free, since their marriage.

The Queen, who had agreed to let the couple remain there for life,
bowed to pressure from MPs earlier this year and told them they must
move in seven years' time, during which she will pay the market rent
for the apartment, thought to be around £150,000 a year.

The couple said that when they inquired whether they would be able to
stay in Kensington Palace after the seven years if they managed to
find the rent, they were told no.

They will then have to move into their 17th-century Gloucestershire
manor house, Nether Lypiatt, which is thought to be valued at around
£3 million.

"Having been given the apartment for life, I assumed we would live
the rest of our days there," said the Princess. She added that they
had been planning to sell Nether Lypiatt for income, possibly to
their son.

"The big shock is that we've lost our old age pension because we
can't do that any more," she said.

-----------------------------------------
Personally, I think that Freddie has been the shining star in the Royal Family (education-wise): Honor Student at Eton, Oxford, now Law School...but this article is what I call classic denial :P

Alexandria 07-01-2003 07:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By TIM ROOKE/REX FEATURES Princess Michael of Kent and Crown Prince Willem Alexander of Holland AWARDS CEREMONY OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY FOR THE PROMOTION OF HEALTH, SAVOY HOTEL, LONDON, BRITAIN - 30 JUN 2003

sara1981 07-01-2003 08:28 PM

I look pictures from recent weeks ago what you're said!

I dont think so Princess of Kents used boots with skirts with match clothes looks ugly! but not looks perfect! no dress shoes !

when i thinking about Princess Diana she used boots with jeans without skirts she looks perfects with caps ! in 1980's or 1990's im not sure if you have pictures of her ?

Sara Boyce

Alexandria 07-07-2003 09:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
1.Polfoto 06-07-2003 Jul 06, 2003; Wimbledon, England, UK; Prince Michael of Kent and his Princess in the Royal Box during the Men's Finals of the 2003 Wimbledon Championships. Mandatory Credit: Photo by Art Seitz/ZUMA Press. (©) Copyright 2003 by Art Seitz

2-4.www.rexfeatures.com - Prince Michael and Princess Michael at Photographic Exhibition at the AOP Gallery, Leonard Street, London, Britain. July 8, 2003.

5.www.rexfeatures.com

anna 07-10-2003 09:02 AM

Imo the pic Jalmey Posted: Jun 27th, 2003 - 5:11 pm shows how much Prince William resembles Lord Frederick Windsor

Will simply has had the fortune - so far - to avoid being photographed when not sober...

mybags 09-01-2003 06:39 PM

I read this in a 1988 issue of Royalty Magazine and thought it was interesting. So I will write it here.

On Sunday 17 April, Countess Marianne Rogala-Koczorowski, mother of Princess Michael of Kent, died in Australia in her 77th year. The Princess flew to Australia for the funeral after her mother's sudden and unexpected death.

Born in 1911, Countess Marianne was the daughter of Count Friedrich Szapary and his wife Princess Maria Hedwig zu Windisch-Gratz. On the death of her mother in 1918, the Countess Marianne inherited considerable estates in Czechoslovakia. In 1936, the year after the death of her father, she was one of the competitors in the Hungarian ski team in the Winter Olympic Games.

In 1941, the Countess Marianne, now aged 30--went through a form of marriage with the 47-year-old Baron Gunther von Reibnitz, an Austrian nobleman. In view of his Nazi associations that were revealed later, it is ironic that she had participated in anti-Nazi demonstrations, for which she was imprisoned in a concentration camp.

But she was released before the birth of her daughter, Marie-Christine, on January 15, 1945. On May 1, 1945, Baron von Reibnitz escaped from a Russian prisoner-of-war camp and traveled through Poland to join his family in Austria where the Countess also had estates.

In April 1947, a Bavarian De-Nazification Court classified von Reibnitz as a "lesser offender". He successfully appealed against the Court's decision and in May 1948, was pronounced to be a "follower" rather than a "supporter" of the Nazi regime.

But von Reibnitz now had to confess to Marianne, who had borne him a son as well as Marie-Christine, that he already had a wife and a daughter when he married her in 1941, and consequently their marriage was bigamous.

A sympathetic but firm cardinal assured the horrified Countess that as she had married von Reibnitz in good faith, their two children were legitimate in the eyes of the Roman Catholic Church--but, of couse, marital relations must cease.

It was her equivocal position that determined the Countess-who already escaped from Communist Czechoslovakia with her children--to emigrate to Australia with them.

In Australia, she married a Polish nobleman Count Tadeusz Rogala-Koczorowski, who had been a diplomat before the war. Marie-Christine, after doing well at school and becoming a good tennis player and horsewoman, returned to Europe in August 1962. She came to Britain to study interior design in 1965.

On 15 September 1971 she married the merchant banker Thomas Troubridge, but the marriage was not successful. After it's dissolution and annulment, she married Prince Michael of Kent in Vienna in June 1978. Both her parents were present.

It is thought that the Countess Marianne never recovered from the exposure, in 1985, of her husband's Nazi past--he had died in 1983. Her death was sudden and unexpected and her daughter was not with her, but the Princess flew to Australia for the funeral. The Countess can take much of the credit for her daughter's success and, for Princess Michael, the loss will be irreperable.

--Bill Samuels

Julia 09-02-2003 04:03 PM

Very interesting story. Thank you for posting it!

So, was Princess Michael's mother of Czech or Polish desent? I ask because Szapary is a Polish name.

Lord Sosnowitz 09-04-2003 03:34 AM

No Szapary is a hungarian noble name!

Julia 09-04-2003 12:26 PM

Thanks, Lord Sosnowitz. I ask only because I have seen the name many times in Poland. :)

Alexandria 09-19-2003 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
www.hellomagazine.com

Princess Michael of Kent Among Those at Annabel's Bash

18 SEPTEMBER 2003
It was a glittering celebration for famed Berkeley Square club Annabel's this week, as Dame Edna Everage welcomed guests to a pair of parties marking the establishment's 40th anniversary.

Tara Palmer-Tompkinson set flashbulbs popping in a silver sequinned Julien MacDonald gown which showed off her tanned legs, and Princess Michael of Kent was elegant in an eggshell-coloured shimmering top. Jemima Khan followed the evening's neutra-toned trend as well with a beige crocheted dress and ballet-style shoes.

Proprietor Mark Birley began the private club - named after his now ex-wife Lady Annabel Goldsmith - in 1963, with his society pals joining at about £5 a year. These days, the fee to join at Annabel's, which ranks among the top, and longest-running, clubs worldwide, is 150 times that amount.

But that's not the only thing that has changed at 44 Berkeley Square. Mark's children, son Robin, an entrepreneur, and daughter India-Jane, an artist, are taking over. The new management, along with tweaked club rules and a refurbished interior, hopes to attract more clientele from the younger set.

Fireweaver 09-19-2003 04:12 PM

They're a very elegant looking couple. They say he resembles the Russian royal family.

Alexandria 10-12-2003 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 10-10-2003 Gary Lee / uppa.co.uk London - PRINCE MICHAEL OF KENT arriving for the service of rememberance for Iraq at St Paul's Cathederal.

guzina 10-15-2003 04:37 PM

hello i would love to see a picture of the duke and duchess of kent with all their grandchildren! annybody has one please!
guzina

hrhcp 10-26-2003 10:42 PM

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page423.asp

The Prince is a Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order.

Dennism 10-27-2003 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jenna1186@May 21st, 2003 - 4:58 am
PRINCESS PUSHY'S HAUGHTY CULTURE

May 21 2003
By Richard Smith

PRINCESS Michael of Kent has got a group of prisoners to do her gardening for free.

She called for their help, unpaid, after seeing the award-winning garden they created at this week's Chelsea Flower Show.

The royal - dubbed Princess Pushy - had earlier told TV's Alan Titchmarsh she didn't have enough staff to do the weeding at home.

But after meeting Richard Booty, governor of Leyhill prison, Gloucs, she can now expect a visit from inmates to her nearby Nether Lypiatt estate.

They won gold for their woodland-themed garden, No Time To Stand And Stare, in the show garden category. It was inspired by William Henry Davies' poem Leisure.

The prison previously won silver at Chelsea in 2001 and gold in 2000.

The princess's five-acre garden featured on BBC2's coverage of the Chelsea Flower Show. A royal aide said yesterday she wanted to show her support for the prisoners.

He said: "She went to the stand and spoke to the person in charge.

"She thought the garden was exceptional, unbelievably beautiful.

"It came up in the conversation that she would be interested in employing a number of prisoners to work on her garden. She also said she would be very willing, once they have left prison, to employ them on a more permanent basis."

The garden was designed by head of inmate activities Jeff Goundrill.

He said: "I am absolutely thrilled with this garden, both for the team at Chelsea and for the staff and prisoners at Leyhill who can't be here. This is the icing on the cake."

The garden includes wild and native plants, ranging from bluebells and wild garlic to cowslips, willow herb, rushes and grasses.

A footpath leads over an arched bridge which goes through the garden to a woodland walk.

Inmate Jez, 24, described the award as a "once in a lifetime achievement". He added: "It is a feeling like I have never felt before - it is absolutely incredible." While serving time, Jez has achieved an NVQ in bricklaying. A second qualification in machinery meant he was able to operate the digger which helped build the garden.

He plans to ditch a life of crime and stick to gardening. He said: "I definitely want to continue in this line of work, landscaping."

Leyhill open prison has 520 inmates coming to the end of their sentences. It runs a successful community placement project with inmates working in charity shops, private gardens and factories.

Last night, a spokesman for the Prison Service said placements were a "valuable tool" to help inmates get accustomed to being back in the community.

He said all prisoners had risk assessment over the possible danger they might pose, adding: "We feel these schemes make a valuable contribution to reducing re-offending by easing prisoners back into the community."

Phil Wheatley, director general of the Prison Service, last night praised the Leyhill team.

He said: "I am immensely proud of Jeff Goundrill, the prisoners and all at Leyhill who produced a garden of exceptional quality."

Enver Solomon, policy officer at the Prison Reform Trust, said: "This is a very positive thing - prisons should be about providing prisoners with opportunities."

Four years ago, Princess Michael was accused of bringing traffic to a standstill when she travelled to the flower show in a limousine with police outriders.

And Buckingham Palace recently "humiliated" the princess and her husband Prince Michael of Kent by giving them seven years to move out of their apartment at Kensington Palace.

They had previously been told the rent-free apartment, given by the Queen as a wedding present in 1978, would be theirs for life.

From The Mirror.

Isn't that the prison that was featured in "Green Fingers"? That was a decent film.

Anyway, she is lovely. Great skin for her age. Nice clothes too. I like her in that red dress the most.

Alexandria 10-27-2003 08:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
www.ibl.se - PRINCE AND PRINCESS MICHAEL OF KENT THE WEDDING OF KATE ROTHSCHILD AND BEN GOLDSMITH, ST MARYS CHURCH, BURY ST EDMUNDS, SUFFOLK, BRITAIN - 20 SEP 2003

Alexandria 11-08-2003 06:01 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Sources: Rex Features, IBL, Polfoto, and Corbis

Alexandria 11-08-2003 06:10 PM

10 Attachment(s)
1,2,4,5. www.corbis.com

3,8,9. www.ibl.se

6. www.corbis.com - Prince Michael with daughter Ella and son Frederick behind them.

7. www.corbis.com - Princess Michael at the wedding of Lady Helen (Windsor) to Tim Taylor.

10. www.rexfeatures.com

Alexandria 11-08-2003 07:04 PM

10 Attachment(s)
1.www.corbis.com - Prince Michael with Viscountess Serena Linley attending Easter Service with the rest of the royal family.

2-5,7-9.www.ibl.se - Russian President Putin's visit to Great Britain.

6.www.rexfeatures.com President Putin's visit.

10.www.corbis.com

Alexandria 11-08-2003 07:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
1.www.corbis.com

2.www.rexfeatures.com - Princess Michael with son Lord Frederick.

3.www.rexfeatures.com

4,5.CORBIS - 11 December 2001 - Princess Michael of Kent wearing a wrap-style coat arriving for a Christmas lunch hosted by the Jermyn Street Association.

Binny 11-28-2003 11:36 PM

Thanks for the photos, Alexandria!

I was just thinking that Princess Michael looks far better in tighter fitting clothes. She tends to wear 'baggy' outfits sometimes, but they don't do a lot for her.

Alexandria 11-28-2003 11:50 PM

You're very welcome, Binny.

An interesting observation you make! I think you're right, however. Princess Michael tends to wear looser-fitting clothes, some to the point of being frumpy, and she's got such a great figure, I think she should really show it off more. Not show her midriff or wear extra low-rise pants or anything like that! But suits and evening gowns that hug her figure a bit more would make a very big difference!

Alexandria 12-16-2003 06:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
IBL - 14 December 2003 - Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the Inaugural concert at the Theatre "La Fenice."

sophie25 12-29-2003 04:02 PM

Szapary was the name of Princess Michael's mother's second husband. He was a Polish nobleman.

Lady Jean 05-27-2004 09:22 AM

Oh no!
Channel 11 News in NY last night featured a story that Princess Michael was apparently not too kind to some fellow diners at the restaurant Da Silvano on Houston St. in the West Village on Tuesday night. Supposedly she was irked by a group of people next to her who were having a good time and were a little too loud for her taste. She told them "Enough already", asked for a new table, and then made some comment based on their African-American heritage. The restaurant owner was there and confirmed the story.

sky 05-27-2004 07:59 PM

Yesterday, I brought the New York post just for that story. From the paper
Pss Michael reached over and just slammed her open pla down on our table, everything shook. she said enough already, you need to quiet down. The ppl at the table countinied talking and the princess demanded a new table. as she was leaving she said with her fist pumped toward one of the ppl at the table and said " You need to go back to the colonies". so one of the table members said " What did you mean by that " back to the colonies?" Pss Mike" I did not say go back to the colonies, I said you should remember the colonies, bsck in the days of the colonies, there were rules that were very good. You think about, just think about. Pss Mike was in the U.S to attend Gabby's graduation. I used to think the Pss was very pretty and the prettest out of the Britsh princess, but now she is just uglyyy. :sick:

sky 05-27-2004 08:24 PM

May 27, 2004 -- THE sun set on Princess Michael of Kent's "empire" yesterday — thanks to the racist remarks she made at Da Silvano.

The Pushy Princess, as she is known in Britain, had been trying to launch a career in the United States along the lines of Sarah Ferguson's successful efforts with endorsements and children's books.

But yesterday — following her outburst at Da Silvano, where she told a talkative table-ful of African-Americans they should "go back to the colonies" — her publicist, Dan Klores, dropped her as a client.

Insiders say the Czech-born royal-by-marriage wanted to become the "English Martha Stewart" in the U.S. to help raise funds for herself and her hubby Prince Michael, who will lose their free apartment in Kensington Palace in a few years.

"She and her husband are broke," an insider said. "A year ago, she went to William Morris and wanted them to set her up with a television show. The agents there said she wasn't famous enough, but noted she should write another book and get herself a U.S. 'platform,' so to speak."

Princess Michael decided to write a "historical novel," titled "The Serpent and the Moon," due out in September from Simon & Schuster.

She then sought public-relations help and tried to hire Howard Rubenstein, who helped turn Ferguson, the former Duchess of York, into a millionaire. "Fergie has a successful career in the States and has made a lot of money over here. Howard helped Fergie a lot," the insider added. "But Howard turned Princess Michael down flat. Fergie hates her."

Princess Michael was instrumental in stripping Ferguson of her duchess title after her split with Prince Andrew, and once got Fergie and her daughters booted from first class on a flight so she and her husband could take their seats.

Rubenstein said: "Yes, I did decline to represent her. I didn't think she had a business plan that would have been appropriate for me to be involved with . . . I am delighted I did not take her on as a client."

Now, after her bigoted outburst at Da Silvano, Princess Michael might have trouble finding anyone to work with her.

"She can't make any money in England because they hate her there," our insider said. "So she thought she could pull the wool over the eyes of people here."
From page six in the New York Post. Also in the acticle about the princess, it said that she demanded that Sarah( still married to Andrew) and her daughters be removed from first class so she can sit there.

sky 05-27-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sky@May 27th, 2004 - 6:59 pm
Yesterday, I brought the New York post just for that story. From the paper
Pss Michael reached over and just slammed her open pla down on our table, everything shook. she said enough already, you need to quiet down. The ppl at the table countinied talking and the princess demanded a new table. as she was leaving she said with her fist pumped toward one of the ppl at the table and said " You need to go back to the colonies". so one of the table members said " What did you mean by that " back to the colonies?" Pss Mike" I did not say go back to the colonies, I said you should remember the colonies, bsck in the days of the colonies, there were rules that were very good. You think about, just think about. Pss Mike was in the U.S to attend Gabby's graduation. I used to think the Pss was very pretty and the prettest out of the Britsh princess, but now she is just uglyyy. :sick:

:flower: Pla means palm sorry, I was typing really fast.

wymanda 05-27-2004 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sky@May 28th, 2004 - 8:24 am
Princess Michael was instrumental in stripping Ferguson of her duchess title after her split with Prince Andrew, and once got Fergie and her daughters booted from first class on a flight so she and her husband could take their seats.

This is a ridiculous rumour! Princess Michael doesn't have that much influence with the Queen. The Queen is very fond of her cousin, Prince Michael but M-C has the princess is known in the family is not very popular.

If anyone was responsible for the removal of Fergie's HRH it was Fergie through her bad behaviour!

As to the incident with the flight, I'm sure M-C was put in her place when the Queen & Prince Phillip found out about it as the Princess's Beatrice & Eugenie outrank Princess Michael and had more right to be in first class than she did.

tiaraprin 05-27-2004 10:13 PM

Reporting here from New York, USA: Princess Michael has yet landed herself in hot water again by making racial slurs against African-Americans.

According to the NY POST, Princess Michael was dining at the famous Da Silvano restaurant in NYC and was at a table next to a group of prominent African-American diners. Apparently, Princess Pushy felt they were too loud and demanded they quiet down. They refused and as she had herself seated at a new table away from these diners, she made comments that "they should go back to the colonies"--referring to Great Britain's former colonial occupation of much of Africa.

A prominent Lord in England has denounced her actions and there may be further action taken by the House of Lords. She will surely be scolded severly by the Queen when she returns to England.

According to press reports here from the NY POST, Princess Michael is here to try to raise money for her and her husband's bank account. She has written a novel due out in September, and is reported to be trying to bank on American money as Fergie has. There has been a rumour that she tried to use the same agent Fergie has here in the United States, and he turned her down FLAT. Also, rumors abound that she and Prince Michael are going to lose their free Kensington Palace apartment also.

Well, what do you think of this latest fiasco???

Amira 05-27-2004 10:19 PM

what a shame :yuk:

Elspeth 05-27-2004 10:42 PM

Well, she denied having said it, so it comes down to one person's word against another's. Not that it would be wildly out of character, if most of the reports about her are true, of course.

However, I think it's a bit much for the people making that disturbance at the restaurant to be claiming the moral high ground here. They were spoling the evening for everybody else there, by all accounts, which is extremely inconsiderate and selfish. And then to turn all outraged and shocked when someone has finally had enough, after requests from the management to tone it down have been ignored, and tells them what she thinks of them, just seems to me to be hypocritical. It's not as though they were just sitting there minding their own business and she leapt down their throats the first time one of them said something loudly; it sounds as if they'd been there for a while creating mayhem the whole time.

tiaraprin 05-27-2004 11:17 PM

You make some valid points Elspeth. I am inclined to believe she did make the comment. Even if the other table is guilty of "mayhem" there are no reports of ethnic slurs from them. In my view, no matter how mad you may get, there is no excuse for ethnic slurs. There is enough hate in this world based on color, class, religion etc, that there just is no excuse for this kind of comment anytime or anywhere--especially from a royal who claims she is the perfect princess.

All Princess Michael should have done was move as she did and not say a word--that would have been class and taking the high road. The other table would have looked foolish.

USCtrojan 05-28-2004 12:44 AM

I too heard that she and the Prince were going to loose their free Kinsington Apartment.

I do believe that she made those comments wether or not the others were the antaginizers per say. The Princess has had her share of comments in the past, and they haven't always been all that swell if you know what I mean...

Elspeth 05-28-2004 01:12 AM

If only she realised that the perfect princess wouldn't need to claim to be the perfect princess.

The Queen must sometimes wonder what she did to deserve some of her relations.

Lord Williams 05-28-2004 11:58 AM

Yeah, I can see Princess Michael's point. The days of the colonies were more elegant. I can tell you, if someone is ruining a meal im paying hundreds for...yeah, Im going to say something too.

Elspeth 05-28-2004 07:53 PM

Well, someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought that she tended to let other people pay for her meals. Wasn't she the one who said something along the lines that she'd go anywhere for a free meal?

Even so, it's a real pain when you're out with friends who you don't see all that often and have your evening ruined by people who refuse to behave in public. However, she'd probably have been better off if she'd stopped to think about how the Queen Mum would have handled the situation.

tiaraprin 05-29-2004 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord Williams@May 28th, 2004 - 10:58 am
Yeah, I can see Princess Michael's point. The days of the colonies were more elegant. I can tell you, if someone is ruining a meal im paying hundreds for...yeah, Im going to say something too.
Well that is quite something--going back to a time that dehumanized a whole race of people?? And Princess Michael will go anywhere for a free anything--She is worse than Fergie ever was--And Fergie has paid her debts!!

Georgia 05-31-2004 02:26 PM

As I said in another thread, Princess Pushy is forever embarrassing the Queen. Her popularity in this country (Britain) is not good and she continues to make it worse. As for losing their grace and favour apartments. Our whole monarchy is downsizing and quite rightly so. It is exactly that part of the Royal Family that so many people have a problem with. Instead of puting the family first and trying to do whatever it takes to preserve our monarchy the Kents just winge. Even when they are chucked out of KP , they have a huge mansion in Gloustershire so they wont be homeless.

tiaraprin 06-01-2004 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Georgia@May 31st, 2004 - 1:26 pm
As I said in another thread, Princess Pushy is forever embarrassing the Queen. Her popularity in this country (Britain) is not good and she continues to make it worse. As for losing their grace and favour apartments. Our whole monarchy is downsizing and quite rightly so. It is exactly that part of the Royal Family that so many people have a problem with. Instead of puting the family first and trying to do whatever it takes to preserve our monarchy the Kents just winge. Even when they are chucked out of KP , they have a huge mansion in Gloustershire so they wont be homeless.
This is amazing, Georgia and I agree on something!! :P

And if the gossip is correct they cannot afford the upkeep of Nether Lypiatt Manor in Gloucestershre!!

USCtrojan 06-01-2004 12:46 AM

She seems like an interesting and mouthy woman!

Elspeth 06-01-2004 01:41 AM

Quote:

And if the gossip is correct they cannot afford the upkeep of Nether Lypiatt Manor in Gloucestershre!!
Well, then, her little outburst might have one saving grace - if it's put all the agents off her, we might be spared the sight of her on US television, selling diets and exercise eqipment like Fergie does as a way to make money.

She'd better start writing some more of her books and hope that one of them's a best seller.:rolleyes:

tiaraprin 06-02-2004 12:42 AM

Give Sarah Ferguson some credit--she paid her debts off and now has more money that the Duke of York--which was stated in "Royalty A to Z" which Prince Edward produced!!

I believe Sarah has learned from her mistakes and has now become a productive member of society and is moving forward. I say congratulations to her and wish her happiness&#33; You don&#39;t hear anything negative about Sarah here in the USA, maybe because we are more understanding and forgiving of mere mortals than those who are born to royalty or married into it and think their <bleep> doesn&#39;t stink&#33;&#33;

Elspeth 06-02-2004 05:13 AM

Quote:

Give Sarah Ferguson some credit--she paid her debts off and now has more money that the Duke of York--which was stated in "Royalty A to Z" which Prince Edward produced&#33;&#33;
Yes, that&#39;s true. It&#39;s just that I found some of those WeighhtWatchers ads of hers rather cringe-making.

tiaraprin 06-04-2004 12:24 PM

Which ones made you cringe?? I am curious??

xicamaluca 06-04-2004 03:00 PM

Princess Michael of Kent opens Society of Women Artists exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London - Photo: © Alphapress.com

pic from Hello&#33; magazine

tiaraprin 06-04-2004 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:00 pm
Princess Michael of Kent opens Society of Women Artists exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London - Photo: © Alphapress.com

pic from Hello&#33; magazine

I cannot believe she had the gumption to show up after her latest "faux pas".

Elspeth 06-05-2004 02:55 AM

Quote:

Which ones made you cringe?? I am curious?
Some of the earlier ones where she looked really awkward and uncomfortable.

I see that a reception for the breast cancer patient who cycled halfway across Europe for charity was cancelled because Princess Michael was going to be there and it was felt that the controversy over her New York incident would overshadow the reason for the reception. That&#39;s a shame.

tiaraprin 06-06-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Elspeth@Jun 5th, 2004 - 1:55 am
I see that a reception for the breast cancer patient who cycled halfway across Europe for charity was cancelled because Princess Michael was going to be there and it was felt that the controversy over her New York incident would overshadow the reason for the reception. That&#39;s a shame.
You are so right Elspeth&#33;&#33; They should have uninvited Princess Michael and sent the Duchess of Kent or Duchess of Gloucester--they have class&#33;&#33;

Julian 06-07-2004 02:18 AM

Well FYI, Princess Michael&#39;s racist remarks were immediately and stoutly defended by her fellow racists and knee-jerk sycophants on certain usenet group royalty boards and their chums on certain "British" royal boards so I don&#39;t think there is anything unique about Princess Michael&#39;s attitude. People just know how to hide their racism better nowadays it just pops out a little more obviously on occasions like this. Pathetic.

Lady Jean 06-07-2004 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord Williams@May 28th, 2004 - 10:58 am
I can tell you, if someone is ruining a meal im paying hundreds for...yeah, Im going to say something too.
They showed the interior of the restaurant on the tv news report, and it didn&#39;t appear to be anything fancy....

Bubbette 06-07-2004 10:06 AM

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7117...__0_profile_2_1 Here&#39;s a link to a review. It&#39;s not that fancy, but it&#39;s celeb heavy.

kirstengrafin 07-24-2004 08:00 PM

In today&#39;s New York Post online:

July 24, 2004 -- PRINCESS Michael of Kent — who made headlines when she told a table of high-powered black New Yorkers at Da Silvano&#39;s to "go back to the colonies&#33;" — has dug an even deeper hole for herself while attempting to explain her outrageous behavior.

...The princess has given a television interview in Britain in which she insisted she is not a racist, and claimed she once painted her face black as a disguise in a bid to experience life as an African woman.

In the interview, airing tomorrow, Princess Pushy, as she is known in the U.K., says, when asked about the Da Silvano&#39;s incident: "It&#39;s such a wicked thing to say to me because it is against everything I believe in, against everything I have worked for.

"I even pretended years ago to be an African, a half-caste African of course. With my light eyes I didn&#39;t get away with it." I dyed my hair black and I traveled on an African bus. "

"To call me a racist is . . . it&#39;s a knife in my heart, because I really love these people and have done so much, I think probably more than most people I know, for Africans."

An old Keith Whitley song comes to mind....you say it best, when you say nothing at all. :innocent:

Elspeth 08-15-2004 05:19 PM

If she'd only maintained a dignified silence about this (apart from the initial response, at any rate), it'd have blown over the minute William was seen with a girl somewhere and the press turned its attention to that. The way she's harping on about it is just making things worse. It seems as though she's so determined to be in the limelight that it doesn't really matter how she's doing it or how bad the publicity is.

Alexandria 08-16-2004 10:26 AM

I agree Elspeth. But if she couldn't have remained silent, an apology for the misunderstanding would've been proper and as you said, the minute William or Harry were seen with some girls laughing and talking to them, Princess' Michael's little scuffle would've been a thing of the past. But she seems to like being in the spotlight, whether they be for positive or negative reasons.

I see that her husband, Prince Michael has made no comment on this issue. The Queen must have a royal headache! As if the scandals caused by her own children weren't worrisome enough -- she now has to worry about the scandals being caused by her cousins and their spouses and their children!

Dennism 09-01-2004 03:11 PM

There is an article of 3 pages in the September edition of W magazine about
the Princess.

MihoshiMarie 09-04-2004 08:14 PM

Princess Michael on The View

For those who live in the US, on September 10th, Princess Michael will be on ABC's The View, which airs at 10 am. Check your local listings for the actual channel.

rarotonga 10-05-2004 07:32 PM

Princess Michael of Kent in SF

I'm here in San Francisco for a visit and I heard Princess Michael of Kent on one of the local stations - KGO. She was promoting her latest book. Too bad I was only able to catch the last 5 minutes of the show or else I would have called in to ask her about that incident in New York where she supposedly said something disparaging to/about a group of black businessmen who were in the same dining area as she was.

Dennism 10-20-2004 03:24 PM

:)

Britain's Princess Michael of Kent said there "wouldn't be a
problem" if Prince William were to take a "lovely Muslim girl" as his girlfriend.

But she added: "Legally. Legally, there wouldn't be a problem."

The 59-year-old princess made the remark in an interview with
Canada's Toronto Star while discussing the religious restrictions on royal marriage.

The law currently states that a member of the Royal Family should not marry a Catholic.

Prince Michael had to relinquish his right to the throne when he married the princess, because of her Catholicism.

But she explained: "It's no big deal when you're 20-something in line.

"You'd have to think of Kind Hearts and Coronets for the position to be reached," referring to the film about a young aristocrat who kills a dozen relatives to acquire a dukedom.

Explaining the religious restrictions on royalty, she said: "By
statute, no member of the family may marry or 'have to do' with a Catholic - that means business negotiations, I think.

"It doesn't mention any other religion. If Prince William produced a lovely Muslim girl, there wouldn't be a problem."

The princess said her daughter, Lady Gabriella Windsor, 23, has an Indian boyfriend who "is the best-looking man I've ever seen in my life".

Princess Michael was speaking to the Canadian newspaper to publicise her new book, The Moon and the Serpent, the true story of a royal love triangle in 16th-century France.

Reina 10-20-2004 04:06 PM

WHy not a lovely black girl. Alexandra is Asian, Maria-Theresa is Cuban, why can't he marry a black girl even if she has to be light skinned. What do you guys think Britains would think of that?

corazon 01-08-2005 01:13 AM

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 2: 2005-March 2006

2 Attachment(s)
The Kents.....Birth of Lord Nicholas and the births of Lord Fredderick and Lady Gabriella

julial 01-09-2005 02:16 AM

Lady Ella`s fiance Aatish Taseer

Does anyone know more about her daugther`s boyfriend Aatish Taseer`s background, aside from that he is a Time magazine journalist and his parents big in jounalism industry???

trinny 02-02-2005 01:51 AM

Do people believe Princess Michael's explanation of what happened? ("...back to the colonies...")

Unfortunately the first I heard of it was the article in Tatler ... (and the link for the earlier thread to this doesn't seem to work)

I'm just curious. :)

Dennism 02-16-2005 11:10 PM

Luke Harding in Berlin
Thursday February 17, 2005
The Guardian

She is famous for putting her royal foot in it. But even by the standards of the Windsor family's most erratic member, Princess Michael of Kent's latest pronouncements are likely to provoke a sharp intake of breath around the Buckingham Palace breakfast table.

During a chat with a German newspaper conducted over toast and hot chocolate in her Kensington apartment, the princess defended Prince Harry over his Nazi fancy dress, appeared to bemoan breeding between the classes and revealed that the Queen's party piece is her mock cockney accent.

"The English take the breeding of their horses and dogs more seriously than they do their children," she told Welt am Sonntag. "God forbid that the wrong drop of blood should get into their labrador. But their children marry everywhere."

The princess insisted she had nothing against princes and princesses marrying commoners - "The world is changing," she noted - but she wondered whether an old-fashioned arranged marriage might not work better.

Asked how Harry could have been allowed to go to a fancy dress party dressed as a Nazi, the Austrian-born princess, whose father had connections with the wartime Nazi party, replied: "I don't know."

She added: "The wretched thing is that no one said anything, although we in the royal family could scarcely complain about not being accompanied. If Harry had worn a hammer and sickle, nobody would have got excited. Even though the hammer and sickle stands for Stalin and gulag and pogrom and devastation. The press has a different sensibility because of its ownership structure."

"I feel sorry for Harry," she added.

The princess's remarks about the ownership of the British press have raised eyebrows in Germany. One newspaper accused her of anti-semitism after the interview appeared over the weekend.

"What did the lady mean? Does Mrs Kent see Jews everywhere?" the liberal Süddeutsche Zeitung wondered.

The princess also confessed that she was a fan of Botox: "I've been using it for five years. Everybody over the age of 25 should take it."

She added that the Queen was a gifted mimic who could do cockney and Norfolk accents. "The Queen is distant towards strangers. But with friends and family she can be very funny," she said.

Princess Michael of Kent appears incensed by the ban on hunting, but unlike other royals, is prepared to say as much.

"I can't understand how this old English tradition can be banned. You have to ask yourself seriously: does this government really want to do things or is it more interested in class struggle?"

This is not the first time the princess, who is married to the Queen's cousin, Prince Michael of Kent, has expressed views that have got her into trouble. Last year she allegedly told a group of black diners in a New York restaurant that they should "go back to the colonies" - a claim she denied.

The Kents, who perform no public duties, have been accused of sponging off the state.

In 2002 the Queen agreed to subsidise her and her husband's previously rent-free apartment in Kensington Palace to the tune of £800,000 for the next seven years.

In the interview the princess defended her use of the flat, which, she said, the Queen had given her and her husband as a wedding present. "That didn't suit some people in parliament. So in five years we will have to move out," she said.

Last night the princess's spokesman, Simon Astaire, denied she was in any way anti-semitic. "I'm Jewish. I've never felt the slightest suggestion of anti-semitism from this woman. She's not a racist."

grecka 02-17-2005 08:29 PM

She needs to learn to know when to stop talking.

ElisaR 02-18-2005 04:15 PM

:eek: So, I should begin to take botox next April????!!!!! :mad:

She really doesn't know what she says. This woman is a nonsense.

grecka 02-18-2005 06:19 PM

She's just extremely self-destructive. She seems to be willing to further destroy her standing within the royal family with every passing month.

HMQueenElizabethII 03-04-2005 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Prince and Princess Michael attended the Memorial Service for Sir Angus ogilvy at Westminster Abbey on March 2nd:

james 03-05-2005 08:48 PM

http://pro.corbis.com/images/DWF15-1...-bbb674a3dba4}

Prince and Princess Michael attended the Memorial Service for Sir Angus ogilvy at Westminster Abbey on March 2nd:

HMQueenElizabethII 03-05-2005 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's an old picture of Princess Michael at a Polo Match in 2000,Gloucestershire:

HMQueenElizabethII 03-05-2005 09:24 PM

9 Attachment(s)
I gonna post some pics of The Michaels in the recent years:(from Getty)

1.Princess Michael visiting the Focus 2000 Interior Design Specialist The Princess in September 2000.
2.Princess Michael as Patron of The Horse Rangers,attended the Opening of their new Indoor School in Richmond,Surrey.
3.Princess Michael and Prince Andrew attended the Ecumenical Service for The Dedication of The Jubilee Cross in Memory of Cardinal Basil Hume at westminster Cathedral Piazza on November 29th, 2000
4. Michaels attended the funeral of Sir Angus Ogilvy on 5th Jan, 2005.
5.Princess Michael and her children attended the Premiere of "kIng authur" in July 2004
6.Prince and Princess Michael attended Royal Ascot 2004
7.Princess Michael attended a Wedding in July 2003.
8.Princess Michael arrived at the Almeida Theatre to watch Trevor Nunn 's Production of The Lady from the Sea, May 20th 2003.
9.Princess Michael attended a charity event in 2002.

HMQueenElizabethII 03-08-2005 12:58 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attend the Party to release the new book in France yesterday:

servingsophie 03-08-2005 01:12 AM

What a wonderful fur the Princess is wearing! I think it's great that fur is coming back into mainstream fashion and what a perfect look for a princess.

Lyonnaise 03-13-2005 02:48 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Caption:
WINDSOR, ENGLAND - MARCH 12: Princess Michael of Kent signs copies of her new book "The Serpent and the Moon" at the Guildhall in Windsor on March 12, 2005 in Windsor, England. (Photo by Tim Graham/Getty Images)

Lyonnaise 03-13-2005 02:50 AM

8 Attachment(s)
more from Gettyimages

HMQueenElizabethII 03-18-2005 06:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
1.Never seen Princess Michael wears this hat.She worn it one time in March 2000:

2.This one also in 2000.They look so lovely couple:

elizahawthorne 03-18-2005 07:06 AM

I've never been able to figure out why she's called Princess Michael. If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd be very grateful.

-Eliza

agisele 03-18-2005 07:44 AM

she's called Princess Michael, because upon her marriage to Prince Michael, she was a Catholic. and according to the rules, when a member of the royal family marries a catholic, he loses his rights to the throne.

therefore it meant that upon her marriage to Prince Michael, she did not get a title of her own, and therefore is now known as Princess Michael of Kent.

agisele 03-18-2005 07:45 AM

i think that there should be some pictures of prince and princess michael from the italian gala they attended a couple of days ago.

HMQueenElizabethII 03-18-2005 02:17 PM

You can find pics of Princess Michael at Italian State Visit to Great Britain thread.THere are some pics there agisele.

elizahawthorne 03-18-2005 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agisele
she's called Princess Michael, because upon her marriage to Prince Michael, she was a Catholic. and according to the rules, when a member of the royal family marries a catholic, he loses his rights to the throne.

therefore it meant that upon her marriage to Prince Michael, she did not get a title of her own, and therefore is now known as Princess Michael of Kent.

that makes sense. Thanks again agisele

james 03-18-2005 08:44 PM

I feel that a defense of Princess Michael is in order but only purely on my own experience I'm afraid. Even so I believe that first hand accounts of a person are worth more than a hundred tabloid articles so here is my anecdote. I have met the Princess and must admit that I found her charming; self-depreciating and funny. Like most people I was prepared for a very imperious lady and was apprehensive about meeting her. However my fears were unfounded. Like most junior Royals her visit was ignored by the national press and only covered by the local paper however she over ran her visit and made time for everyone. No one had a bad word to say about her, indeed we were all surprised by how natural she was. I simply didn't recognise the person the tabloids portray, namely a woman who demands that everyone she meets lies prostrate before her. She has made some ill-advised comments about the Royal Family over the years but I think they have been more impulsive than malicious. I also think that, like all the Kent family, she has star quality and the Royal Family would be a duller place without her.

HMQueenElizabethII 03-30-2005 01:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I just found these pictures of Prince and Princess Michael attended the Reception for Italian President's State Visit at Guildhall on 16th March:

Elspeth 03-30-2005 03:52 PM

Thanks for sharing your first-hand account, James. It's so easy to stereotype people you don't know that it's nice to see a different perspective.

Dennism 04-15-2005 02:32 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Last week, Prince Michael was in Samarkand in Uzbekistan which is one of the jewels of the Islamic world and is actually much older as well. Alexander the Great went there back in 329 BC. Here is Prince Michael along with some photos of Samarkand:

wittykitty 04-26-2005 09:17 AM

Princess Micheal & the Hapsburgs?

Hi,
I just finished reading "Death by Fame" by Andrew Sinclair and on the back pages he is "grateful to Princess Michael of Kent with her Hapsburg family connections" Ive never read or seen any pictures of her spending time with Dr. Otto or Geza who is a writer or Archduke Karl so who gave out information ?for pictures and book research. I've read her other books and and after readiing this it's too much like her" style" and I think she had a hand in it.
Wittykitty:confused:

james 04-26-2005 02:37 PM

The Princess was at the 90th birthday party of an old Hapsberg gentleman a few years ago. I saw pictures but not sure who he was. Queen Silvia of Sweden and Prince Felipe were also there.

HMQueenElizabethII 05-20-2005 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Prince and the Princess attending the Wedding of Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla last month 9th April:

Warren 05-21-2005 03:34 PM

Habsburgs

Quote:

Originally Posted by james
The Princess was at the 90th birthday party of an old Hapsberg gentleman a few years ago. I saw pictures but not sure who he was. Queen Silvia of Sweden and Prince Felipe were also there.

It was the 90th birthday party for the Archduke Otto, the Head of the House of Habsburg, in 2002.

Princess Michael's mother was a Countess Szapary, and one of her grandmothers was a Princess of Windisch-Graetz. Hence her connections with the old Habsburg Empire aristocracy.