The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Crown Princess Maxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: December 2009 - May 2010 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/crown-princess-maximas-daytime-fashion-part-4-december-2009-may-2010-a-26093.html)

dazzling 12-03-2009 01:20 AM

Crown Princess Maxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: December 2009 - May 2010

Welcome to
Crown Princess Maxima's Fashion & Style Part 4
The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Marmi, TheTruth & dazzling

Turkish Delight 12-03-2009 02:13 PM

03-12-2009 Princess Maxima attended the 5th Homeless award Altijd Onderwegprijs of the SZN foundation in Rotterdam.

Full View -- Close Up -- Socks & Shoes

xavi83 12-03-2009 02:22 PM

I loved her shoes

Lumutqueen 12-03-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turkish Delight (Post 1026575)
03-12-2009 Princess Maxima attended the 5th Homeless award Altijd Onderwegprijs of the SZN foundation in Rotterdam.

Full View -- Close Up -- Socks & Shoes

Either trousers or skirt, not 3/4 this time of year. :ermm:
Love the jacket, hate the shoes.

dazzling 12-03-2009 03:23 PM

The long sweater is a nice piece if left open matched with nice pants/skirt/dress.
The whole look of Maxima today is just wrong and doesnt work nor is/was fashionable.

Dierna23 12-03-2009 03:28 PM

I like the jacket quite much. But neither the shoes nor the tights are my cup of tea.;)

Boris 12-03-2009 04:14 PM

Nice enough, classic jacket - everything else is quite dreadful.
The combo of three-quarter length pants (which should anyway be banned world wide, apart from holidays on remote islands) with checkered tights and this kind of shoe looks slightly idiotic.

pdas1201 12-03-2009 04:47 PM

I can't make head or tails out of this outfit. I think for once, I don't like any of the pieces. I don't like the brass buttons on the black jacket, nor the black 3/4 pants (which I love otherwise). But, these pants are suited for a warmer climate as well as a more casual setting. I don't even want to talk about the shoes/boots and the stockings, except that one shouldn't wear that sort of combination and get out of the house.

Boris 12-03-2009 05:28 PM

Here's another full length view added to the ppe gallery - although seeing more of the outfit means liking it even less, IMO.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Rotterdam

4Pam 12-03-2009 08:18 PM

If she hadn't worn the tights the overall outfit would've been much better. I esp liked the jacket. The cut suit her well

Canadiense 12-03-2009 08:47 PM

Good God. I thought she couldn't top that horrid purple outfit from earlier this year but this takes the cake. Maxi dear you have fat legs; those tights only emphasize this. :bang:

Katrianna 12-04-2009 01:26 AM

This is a "thumbs down" outfit to me. The cropped pants plus the patterned tights are bad. The jacket, I like and I agree, Maxima should either have worn long trousers or a skirt. Cropped pants are for warm weather and casual, I have them, but they shouldn't be worn to formal appearances and in winter.

Patra 12-04-2009 07:30 AM

The military styled black jacket with gold buttons is very becoming on CP Maxima, I especially like the bold gold hoop earrings she wore with it. Knickers, lattice tights, platform booties, ALL bad choices IMO.

Opal 12-04-2009 12:59 PM

What an odd outfit. Royal women should avoid these patterned stockings in general. They just don't look very regal imo and almost never work with an outfit.

Winnie 12-05-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1026607)
The long sweater is a nice piece if left open matched with nice pants/skirt/dress.
The whole look of Maxima today is just wrong and doesnt work nor is/was fashionable.

Actually this look is quite the style in all the upscale New York and Chicago stores -- I personally don't care for it, especially if the model isn't extremely slender -- but Maxima's stylist really is up on the current trend. I believe that it would be better worn by the 15 to 25 year old crowd.

bertie5252003 12-05-2009 05:01 PM

That outfit is quite awful the whole thing looks like a joke IMO I cannot believe she would wear such a thing....

sgl 12-05-2009 05:17 PM

The coat by itself is okay, but I really do not like these stockings and shorts/pants/whatever. The bottom half of the outfit really looks strange, IMO.

princess gertrude 12-05-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris (Post 1026680)
Here's another full length view added to the ppe gallery - although seeing more of the outfit means liking it even less, IMO.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Rotterdam

OMGoodness!!!! This is just YUCK! She looks like she should be homeless in this outfit! Was it just one of those days that she said "let's wear everything in my closet". She just needs to burn those pants and the leg wear.

mayzie 12-07-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess gertrude (Post 1027488)
OMGoodness!!!! This is just YUCK! She looks like she should be homeless in this outfit! Was it just one of those days that she said "let's wear everything in my closet". She just needs to burn those pants and the leg wear.

Oh dear...what was she thinking? Seems like she is trying too hard to be fashionable.

Duke of Marmalade 12-07-2009 07:49 AM

Top part nice, bottom part :yuk:
Knickerbocker style with plaid tights looks bizarre, did she play too much golf lately.