The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   If You Were A Royal Leader (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/if-you-were-a-royal-leader-2604.html)

Freedom 06-13-2004 11:37 AM

If you were a royal leader of a country, what would you do? Also, feel free to disclose which country you would like to represent.

Freedom 06-13-2004 12:41 PM

If I were a royal leader I would (1) create and maintain genuine friendships with as many world leaders as possible, and (2) really try to understand the reasons behind terrorist acts. I feel, in the US for example, our political leaders are so focused on fighting terrorism that they are not spending enough energy to understand why they are occurring.

Understanding that no one culture is better than another...simply different, I would use my influence to increase communication, understanding, and respect among different cultures.

Robbert 06-13-2004 02:31 PM

If I were a royal leader I would choose to be it of my own country (The Netherlands) and the first thing I would do is kick J.P. AKA Harry Potter out and abolish the entire PvdA (political party) cause they are idiots (no offence to PvdA voters). Further more I would try to bring more economical and financial stability here, cause taxpayers money is completely wasted. I would try the same thing with terrorist acts as you. And make good friends with other royal leaders would be good to, it's always nice to have good and powerful friends :P .

hillary_nugent 06-14-2004 02:53 AM

NOT become a puppet for George W. Bush....as Australian i feel this deeply considering our leader John Howard worships the ground Mr. Bush walks on...rather sad indeed but it can remedied when i become leader *EVIL LAUGH*

muhahahahahahahahahaha

actually fix the Australian health and education system and improve teachers&#39; wages so they would quit going on strike which is rather annoying considering i am sitting my HSC this year and they keep going on strike&#33;&#33;&#33; >___< There&#39;s also the issue of terrorism well when i&#39;m leader that word would no longer exist...hahahaha unlikely but you never know ^__^

renats 06-14-2004 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Freedom@Jun 13th, 2004 - 11:41 am
If I were a royal leader I would (1) create and maintain genuine friendships with as many world leaders as possible, and (2) really try to understand the reasons behind terrorist acts. I feel, in the US for example, our political leaders are so focused on fighting terrorism that they are not spending enough energy to understand why they are occurring.

Understanding that no one culture is better than another...simply different, I would use my influence to increase communication, understanding, and respect among different cultures.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Freedom 06-14-2004 09:04 PM

Thank you Renats :P

renats 06-15-2004 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Freedom@Jun 14th, 2004 - 8:04 pm
Thank you Renats :P
You&#39;re welcome&#33; You deserved it&#33; :flower:

bct88 06-15-2004 04:03 PM

If I were a leader of a country, I would try to accomplish a couple of things. First, I would try to make friends with major world powers. Second, I would issue a state of neutrality. With everything going on in today&#39;s world, I believe that neutrality is key to keeping friends in other countries. Also, I believe that other countries look up to countries that are neutral. Third, I would try to establish a strong economy which would better the country as a whole. Fourth, I would enforce immigration laws because I feel that for a country to keep their heritage and culture alive, it would be beneficial to try to keep other countries culture out. Although I believe that the mixing of cultures is good, I feel that it would be better to keep them separate. These are what I would try to accomplish in my country.

hillary_nugent 06-16-2004 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bct88@Jun 15th, 2004 - 3:03 pm
If I were a leader of a country, I would try to accomplish a couple of things. First, I would try to make friends with major world powers. Second, I would issue a state of neutrality. With everything going on in today&#39;s world, I believe that neutrality is key to keeping friends in other countries. Also, I believe that other countries look up to countries that are neutral. Third, I would try to establish a strong economy which would better the country as a whole. Fourth, I would enforce immigration laws because I feel that for a country to keep their heritage and culture alive, it would be beneficial to try to keep other countries culture out. Although I believe that the mixing of cultures is good, I feel that it would be better to keep them separate. These are what I would try to accomplish in my country.
keep different cultures out??? That&#39;s abit harsh don&#39;t you think... O___O Life would be rather dull with just one dominating culture...there must be variety...come to Sydney, Australia and you&#39;ll see what i mean ^__^

Robbert 06-16-2004 01:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

(bct88 @ Jun 15th, 2004 - 3:03 pm)
If I were a leader of a country, I would try to accomplish a couple of things. First, I would try to make friends with major world powers. Second, I would issue a state of neutrality. With everything going on in today&#39;s world, I believe that neutrality is key to keeping friends in other countries. Also, I believe that other countries look up to countries that are neutral. Third, I would try to establish a strong economy which would better the country as a whole. Fourth, I would enforce immigration laws because I feel that for a country to keep their heritage and culture alive, it would be beneficial to try to keep other countries culture out. Although I believe that the mixing of cultures is good, I feel that it would be better to keep them separate. These are what I would try to accomplish in my country.

*


keep different cultures out??? That&#39;s abit harsh don&#39;t you think... O___O Life would be rather dull with just one dominating culture...there must be variety...come to Sydney, Australia and you&#39;ll see what i mean ^__^

I would say come to Rotterdam and you will know exactly why it&#39;s good to keep cultures apart. Adapting things from other cultures and live together in harmony is a good thing but there are limits and if you&#39;d knew what is going on around here (Rotterdam and Amsterdam) all the time you&#39;d understand what I mean. I&#39;m not a racist but I agree on the inforcing of immigration laws stuff

Freedom 06-16-2004 01:34 PM

There&#39;s got to be a middle ground to these opposing views. I think the issue of cultural blending that has been brought up here is a classic one. One we are facing increasingly these days. While we may or may not agree with the opinions posed here, I think it&#39;s important we listen without judgement.

(my last two cents on the issue) Without communication, listening, understanding, and respecting opinions put forth, I don&#39;t think a healthy and mutually beneficial growth process can occur. This is an interesting topic, one I would enjoy reading your ideas about. (ok, I&#39;ll get off the podium now :blush: )

renats 06-16-2004 05:46 PM

I totally agree with hillary_nugent on the keeping other cultures out thing.

I do think that it&#39;s a good idea for the cities to have laws limitating the migration and imigration when it comes to numbers though. There&#39;re lots of cities in the world that have way more people that they stand because of all the moving in.

And talking about that, I remembered one very important thing. Natality control. The world is in a desperate need of that. People must understand that for the future generations to have a good quality of life, a lot less people should have kids. As someone that absolutely adore kids(and future child psychologist), I think it&#39;s kind of sad that the world must have less children. But that&#39;s the only healthy way to ensure that we&#39;ll all "fit" into the world.

renats 06-16-2004 06:02 PM

Another comment that I forgot: if we are suppose to keep "other cultures" out, what are we suppose to do with countries like Brazil, United States, etc? The main "race" of some countries is the variety of races.

Josefine 06-16-2004 06:12 PM

how can we get back to the topic
If You Were A Royal Leader


and not a political thread

bct88 06-16-2004 06:28 PM

I would just like to clarify what I meant. I can see how my choice of words would confuse you. I was trying to say that if immigration laws were not there, the culture of that country over time could possibly die out. For example, if you lived in say Greece, and many people over time moved to Greece, that with the increase of foreign people in Greece then the Greek culture could die out. The Greek culture is a very important culture to the world. And if the culture died out, many people would never understand the importance of Greek culture in the world. I hope I made that clear. ;)

hillary_nugent 06-16-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by renats@Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:02 pm
Another comment that I forgot: if we are suppose to keep "other cultures" out, what are we suppose to do with countries like Brazil, United States, etc? The main "race" of some countries is the variety of races.
ditto...that also applies to Australia one of the most multicultural countries in the world

renats 06-16-2004 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bct88@Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:28 pm
I would just like to clarify what I meant. I can see how my choice of words would confuse you. I was trying to say that if immigration laws were not there, the culture of that country over time could possibly die out. For example, if you lived in say Greece, and many people over time moved to Greece, that with the increase of foreign people in Greece then the Greek culture could die out. The Greek culture is a very important culture to the world. And if the culture died out, many people would never understand the importance of Greek culture in the world. I hope I made that clear. ;)
I think that everybody understood that since the beginning. At least I did. The "problem" is not what you consider to be a problem. The "problem" is your way to resolve it. If I moved to another country, I could very well live the culture of this other country and still keep my own. Using your own example, if I moved to Greece, I would still be Brazilian and do "brazilian stuff". But I would be a Brazilian living like a Greek. So, the culture would not die out. Actually it would give the Greeks the chance to be in touch with another culture without having to give up their own. I do think that all cultures should be preserved and we should work for that, but I don&#39;t agree with your way to do that. ;)

renats 06-16-2004 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hillary_nugent+Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:52 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hillary_nugent @ Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:52 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-renats@Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:02 pm
Another comment that I forgot: if we are suppose to keep "other cultures" out, what are we suppose to do with countries like Brazil, United States, etc? The main "race" of some countries is the variety of races.
ditto...that also applies to Australia one of the most multicultural countries in the world [/b][/quote]
yep&#33; ;)

renats 06-16-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Josefine@Jun 16th, 2004 - 5:12 pm
how can we get back to the topic
If You Were A Royal Leader


and not a political thread

Well, the 2 subjects kind of cross each other.

Charles 06-19-2004 06:50 PM

Ideally, I&#39;d establish myself as the ruler of a Grand Duchy (with the style of Imperial and Royal Highness) and eventually marry my children into the nobility of Europe.

The reason I can&#39;t specify a country per se is that I like the title of Grand Duke and there is one, Luxembourg.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises