The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Weddings General Discussion (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/)
-   -   Churches where royals got married (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/churches-where-royals-got-married-25744.html)

joroyale 11-12-2009 11:19 AM

Churches where royals got married

name the church and city where royals got married

olebabs 11-12-2009 12:22 PM

Københavns Domkirke = Frederik og Mary
Holmens Kirke= Margrethe II og Henrik
Niewe Kerk = Maxima og WA
Oslo Domkirke= Mette-Marit og Haakon

principessa 11-12-2009 01:59 PM

Edward and Sophie, Charles and Camilla, Peter and Autumn: St. George Chapel, Windsor
Philippe and Mathilde, Laurent and Claire; Sint Michiel and Sint Goedele Cathedral, Brussels
Maximilian and Angela of Liechtenstein: St. Vincent Ferrer Church, New York
Bernhard and Annette of Oranje-Nassau: Domkerk, Utrecht
Constantijn and Laurentien: St. Jacobs Church, The Hague
Märtha Louise and Ari: Nidarosdomen, Trondheim
Kalina of Bulgaria and Kitin: Tsarska Bistriza Palace, Borovets
Maurits and Marilene of Oranje-Nassau: Grote Kerk, Apeldoorn
Donatus and Floria of Hesse: Johanniskirche, Kronberg im Taunus
Maria-Annunziata of Bourbon- dos Sicilies and Count Fredrik Creutz: St. Henrys Church, Helsinki
Fleur of Württemberg and Moritz: Schlosskirche, Altshausen
Friso and Mabel: Oude Kerk, Delft
Felipe and Letizia: Santa Maria la Real de la Almudena, Madrid
Feodora of Rosenborg and Eric: Holmens Kirke, Copenhagen
Alexandra and Nadja-Anna of Schaumburg-Lippe: Stadtkirche Bückeburg
Marie-Christine of Austria-Este and Rodolphe: St. Rombouts Cathedral, Mechelen
Hubertus and Kelly of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha: St. Moritz Kirche, Coburg
Joachim and Marie: St. Nicolai Church, Mogeltonder
Alois and Sophie of Liechtenstein, Tatjana of Liechtenstein and Philipp, Hans-Adam and Marie: St. Florin, Vaduz
Constantin and Marie of Liechtenstein: Village church, Csiscó
Heinrich of Hannover and Thyra von Westernhagen: St. Andreaskirche, Teistungen
Pieter-Christiaan and Anita: St. Jeroenskerk, Noordwijk
Floris and Aimee: Grote Kerk, Naarden
Irene of Oranje-Nassau and Carlos-Hugo of Bourbon-Parma: Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Rome
Christina of Oranje-Nassau and Jorge: Cathedral of Saint Martin, Utrecht
Astrid of Norway and Martin Ferner, Ragnhild of Norway and Erling Lorentzen: Asker Church, Asker
Harald and Sonja: Domkirke, Oslo
Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia: Storkyrkan Cathedral, Stockholm
Margaretha of Sweden and John: Gärdslösa Church, Gärdslösa
Sibylla Ambler and Cornelius: Kloster Schäftlarn, near Starnberg
Birgitta of Sweden and Johann Georg of Hohenzollern: St. Johannskirche, Sigmaringen
Désirée of Sweden and Baron Carl Silfverschiöld: Storkyrkan Cathedral, Stockholm
Christina of Sweden and Tord: Palace Church, Stockholm
Pavlos and Marie-Chantal, Alexia and Carlos: Saint Sophia Cathedral, London
Constantin and Anne-Marie: Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Athens
Juan Carlos and Sophia: Church of Saint Dennis, Athens
Elena and Jaime: Sevilla Cathedral, Sevilla
Philipp Erasmus and Isabelle of Liechtenstein: Abbaye de Notre Dame de la Cambre, Brussels
Nikolaus of Liechtenstein and Margaretha of Luxemburg: Notre Dame Cathedral, Luxemburg

Maura724 11-13-2009 01:35 AM

:previous: For Juan Carlos and Sofia, Saint Dennis was where the Catholic ceremony was held. However, there was also a Greek ceremony at the Metropolitan Cathedral in Athens.

Catherine Helvin 08-04-2010 06:32 AM

The Prince and Princess of Wales: St Paul's Cathedral, London

The Duke and Duchess of York: Westminster Abbey, London

The Duke and Duchess of Kent: York Minster

Lady Helen Windsor (daughter of the Duke of Kent) and Timothy Taylor: St George's Chapel, Windsor

Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones (Princess Margaret's daughter) and Daniel Chatto: St Stephen, Walbrook, London

Viscount (Princess Margaret's son)and Viscountess Linley: St Margaret's church, Westminster

James Ogilvy (Princess Alexandra's son)and Julia Rawlinson: St Mary the Virgin, Saffron Walden

Shelo 08-06-2010 02:39 PM

I want to pose a question- since many of the English Royals have married at St. George's Chapel at Windsor in recent years, do you think this is where William would choose to marry as well? Or, as heir to the throne, would he choose Westminster Abbey?

Somehow, I do not see him choosing St. Paul's Cathedral.

Lumutqueen 08-06-2010 02:55 PM

Queen Elizabeth II married in Westminster, he might avoid St Paul's and opt for St Georges or Westminster.

Catherine Helvin 08-19-2010 05:58 AM

I think it would be wonderful if he got married in St Paul's Cathedral as it's bigger, the acoustics are better and the guests would get a better view of the ceremony. Also, there's that majestic flight of steps at the West end that would show off the bride's train.

Josefine 05-02-2011 12:12 PM

Sweden
Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia: Storkyrkan Cathedral, Stockholm
Prince Bertil of Sweden and Lilian Craig Palace Church, Stockholm
Princess Margaretha of Sweden and John: Gärdslösa Church, Gärdslösa
Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Johann Georg of Hohenzollern: St. Johannskirche, Sigmaringen
Princess Désirée of Sweden and Baron Carl Silfverschiöld: Storkyrkan Cathedral, Stockholm
Princess Christina of Sweden and Tord: Palace Church, Stockholm
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling Storkyrkan Cathedral, Stockholm

tgrmilk 05-02-2011 12:19 PM

Queen Victoria and Prince Albert: Chapel Royal, St James's Palace, London

Josefine 05-02-2011 12:22 PM

what churches were used before in monaco?

rop81 05-05-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine (Post 1247255)
Sweden
Prince Bertil of Sweden and Lilian Craig Palace Church, Stockholm

Wasn´t they married in the chapel at Drottningholm palace?

XeniaCasaraghi 09-17-2011 11:22 PM

Wooo! Thankfully I found this thread because i was about to start a new one about the churches some of these couples got married in. I've just been watching some videos of these weddings and I think the most beautiful churches have to be where Letizia and Felipe got married as well as Willem Alexander and Maxima.

IloveCP 09-22-2011 05:42 PM

I loved the churches where Letizia,Maxima and Victoria got married.

Molly2101 09-22-2011 06:00 PM

I love St George's Chapel - it is such a beautiful gothic building. I would personally choose that for myself, if it were possible. It's just so beautiful. I do like Westminster Abbey but it's just much too big really. It is not quite as intimate as St George's Chapel. The same goes for St Paul's Cathedral - it's much too big, too much wide open space. The architecture of the building itself is stunning, beyond anything I have seen. When I saw St Paul's in person I was overwhelmed by it's beauty, but I was struck by how big and impersonal it also felt.

I liked where Charlene and Albert married and Victoria and Daniel.

Daria_S 09-22-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 1319186)
I love St George's Chapel - it is such a beautiful gothic building. I would personally choose that for myself, if it were possible. It's just so beautiful. I do like Westminster Abbey but it's just much too big really. It is not quite as intimate as St George's Chapel. The same goes for St Paul's Cathedral - it's much too big, too much wide open space. The architecture of the building itself is stunning, beyond anything I have seen. When I saw St Paul's in person I was overwhelmed by it's beauty, but I was struck by how big and impersonal it also felt.

I liked where Charlene and Albert married and Victoria and Daniel.

I couldn't agree more. That chapel has such a family feel to it, a place where family comes together to celebrate important occasions.

AnaC 09-22-2011 06:39 PM

I love the Cathedral of Seville, where Infanta Elena and Jaime de Marichalar married: catedral de sevilla - Buscar con Google

Meraude 09-22-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rop81 (Post 1248934)
Wasn´t they married in the chapel at Drottningholm palace?

Yes, Lilian and Bertil got married at the Castle Church at Drottningholm palace, Lovön, Ekerö kommun. http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drottningholms_slottskyrka

FasterB 09-22-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olebabs (Post 1018063)
Københavns Domkirke = Frederik og Mary

Københavns Domkirke = Vor Frue Kirke, København = Copenhagen Cathedral :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1018107)
Joachim and Marie: St. Nicolai Church, Mogeltonder

The correct name is Møgeltønder Kirke :flowers:

And let´s add: Prince Joachim and Miss Alexandra Christina Manley: Frederiksborg Slotskirke (The church at Frederiksborg Castle)

Rhys82192 09-22-2011 11:03 PM

Diana and Charles - St. Paul's Cathedral, London, England.