The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   The Funny Faces of Royals (October 2009 Informal Poll) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/the-funny-faces-of-royals-october-2009-informal-poll-25714.html)

LadyK 08-14-2009 10:25 AM

The Funny Faces of Royals (October 2009 Informal Poll)

Welcome to the
October 2009 Informal Picture of the Month Poll!

This month's poll features the Funny Faces of Royals.

The pictures in this poll show the informal side of royalty. It will close on 2 December 2009. During this time, we ask that NO ONE STATE WHOM THEY'VE VOTED FOR so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. After the poll closes, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: - LadyLeana, stephanievl, Marengo

Britain: TheTruth - jcbcode99

Brunei/Malaysia/UAE/Morocco: Humera - Warren

Denmark: Princess Robijn - Jessrulz, Madame Royale

Greece: Rhapsodybrat - Odette

Japan: Dragonsfire8, kkgg101

Jordan: Humera - Little_star, salma

Luxembourg: Jessrulz - grim_lady, kyansaunt20

Monaco: Iceflower - radker18,

Norway: Her_Majesty - Maura724

Romania: Marsel -

Russia: Marsel -

Spain: Paty - Ladejesus

Sweden: Iceflower, HRH Kerry

The Netherlands: Princess Maxima, Marengo, Lucien

If you have any ideas or suggestions for future polls you can post them there or contact Dazzling or LadyK.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in random order and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun! :flowers:
LadyK & Dazzling

LadyK 08-14-2009 10:28 AM

A. Denmark

Picture Link
Source: IBL

A funny gesture by Prince Henrik.

B. Great Britain

Picture Link
Source: Getty Images

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles attend the Braemar Royal Highland Gathering on September 5, 2009

C. Spain

Picture Link
Source: Day life

King Juan Carlos makes a funny face.

D. Luxembourg

Picture Link
Source: Picture Desk

Prince Felix reacts to something brother Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume said during the 2009 National Day celebrations.

E. Monaco

Picture Link
Source: Hola

Little imp - Pauline Ducruet, eldest daughter of Princess Stephanie of Monaco (also pictured), makes
funny faces for the photographers during a visit to an amusement park in Rust, Germany, in summer 2001.

F. The Netherlands

Picture Link
Source: Corbis

Leiden, 5 March 2003, princess Máxima shows a funny face while she is visiting the University of Leiden wih president Chiampi of Italy.

G. Norway

Picture Link
Source: Images from scanpix, Polfoto, ANP, Prisma. Collage made by Her_Majesty

A collage of Queen Sonja's many funny faces.

H. Belgium

Picture Link
Source: ANP

A funny face from Crown Princess Mathilde

I. Sweden

Picture Link
Source: gettyimages

Fun toy - Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden plays with a special birthday present during the celebrations for her 28th birthday, Borgholm, Sweden, July 14, 2005.

J. Russia

Picture Link
Source: Beinecke Library and Livadia.org, Pictures in public domain or released for public use

When it came to mischief, the daughters of Nicholas II and Empress Alexandra could give any royal kid a run for their money. Anastasia in particular was the troublemaker-in-chief, although her sisters were never too far behind.

K. Serbia

Picture Link
Source: http://www.kosovo.net/news/archive/2...uary_06/7.html

Crown Prince Alexander II and Princess Katherine during Christmas reception for refugee children, orphans, Romany and handicapped children from all over Serbia at The White Palace in Dedinje.

Patra 11-12-2009 09:15 AM

The first link of Prince Henrik doesnt open for me on my computer....is it of the "falcon" pose from their recent trip to Vietman in November, 2009?

Her_Majesty 11-12-2009 10:06 AM

The Spanish picture doesn't open either...

dazzling 11-12-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 1017946)
The Spanish picture doesn't open either...

It seems like its a server problem and it should be back working in a few hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patra (Post 1017925)
The first link of Prince Henrik doesnt open for me on my computer....is it of the "falcon" pose from their recent trip to Vietman in November, 2009?

Yes it is.

MelinaB. 11-12-2009 04:02 PM

Some of them were very funny indeed. But it was easy to pick the funniest this time.

Dierna23 11-12-2009 05:11 PM

Well, this is a poll made for me. :lol: Great pics, I really have to sleep a night over it before I vote. ;)

RoyalistRiley 11-14-2009 01:25 AM

Some very funny pictures!

andre.charadia 11-19-2009 06:25 AM

I am concerned for the future of Sweden...

Princess_Beatrix 11-29-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andre.charadia (Post 1020984)
I am concerned for the future of Sweden...

Why? :lol:I really like the pictures. They show that royal people are also just (funny) humans. :biggrin::lol::rofl:

Her_Majesty 12-03-2009 08:18 AM

And the winners of the Funny Faces Poll are:

1. Norway

2. Sweden

3. Denmark

A Scandinavian trio :lol:. Thanks for your votes! :flowers:

dazzling 12-03-2009 08:55 AM

Norway was one of the best. The different pictures in the collage were hilarioues IMO. Queen Sonja does have some really funny expressions.

Congrats to the winning teams.

Lumutqueen 01-20-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 1026409)
And the winners of the Funny Faces Poll are:

1. Norway

2. Sweden

3. Denmark

A Scandinavian trio :lol:. Thanks for your votes! :flowers:

How wonderful, what luck. Beautiful pictures. :smile:

Especioso 03-16-2010 06:48 PM

I love Spain...