The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/the-prince-of-wales-current-events-11-november-2009-march-2013-a-25533.html)

Zonk 11-01-2009 12:36 AM

The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

Prince of Wales current events 11

commencing November 2009 to March 2013

part 10 , covering the period October 2008 to October 2009, can be found http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-18677-25.html

Skydragon 11-01-2009 05:52 AM

PRINCE Charles has scuppered plans for Princesses Bea and Eugenie to join their dad Prince Andrew on the royal gravy train.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Charles' KO junket bid

Russophile 11-02-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 1013165)
PRINCE Charles has scuppered plans for Princesses Bea and Eugenie to join their dad Prince Andrew on the royal gravy train.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Charles' KO junket bid

Well let's hope that HM does not cave into him. Bully for Charles!

Skydragon 11-08-2009 11:35 AM

The heir to the throne received four hours of tests at King Edward VII's Hospital in Marylebone after suffering what he believed at the time to be heart problems.
"Charles had sharp pains in his upper right arm and shoulder and was convinced that he was having a heart attack," says a friend of the Prince. "He was rushed to hospital and underwent all manner of tests.

Prince of Wales goes on health drive after hospital scare - Telegraph

Skydragon 11-09-2009 12:29 PM

PRINCE Charles might have welcomed some unusual visitors to his Herefordshire estate but few can have left their mark like his latest guest.

Skunk found on Prince Charles' Harewood End Estate (From Hereford Times)

Skydragon 11-13-2009 05:36 PM

AN EASTFIELD man was delighted by a surprise birthday message from the office of The Prince of Wales.
World War Two veteran Bob Cass, MM, of Westway, celebrated his 90th birthday last week. Enid Bowden, an old friend who shares a passion for English sheepdogs with Mr Cass, had written to Prince Charles informing him of his upcoming birthday

Bob's birthday message from Prince - Scarborough Evening News

Skydragon 11-13-2009 06:48 PM

A VOLUNTEER helping to pull together one of the most eagerly anticipated art fairs in the Highlands this week revealed the daunting challenge of ensuring that two of the star exhibits made it to Strathpeffer in one piece

Prince's paintings arrive intact - Ross-shire Journal

Skydragon 11-14-2009 08:52 AM

I thought this was apt on Charles' birthday.

Like all of us, Charles is getting older

Skydragon 11-15-2009 05:52 AM

PRINCE Charles secretly confided he believed Australia should split from Britain and become a republic while touring there 32 years ago, a new book claims.
A new autobiography claims the heir to the throne told a 1977 dinner party in Sydney that he did not understand “why Australia bothered with us – we really are yesterday's news”

Charles 'hoped for Australian republic' | World Breaking News | News.com.au

(I am not sure how that equates to Charles believing Australia should be a republic, but people are prone to interpret things differently).:flowers:

Lumutqueen 11-15-2009 08:09 AM

1977 is a long time ago, I would be very surprised if he does believe that Australian should become a republic. :ermm:

iowabelle 11-16-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 1016675)
PRINCE Charles might have welcomed some unusual visitors to his Herefordshire estate but few can have left their mark like his latest guest.

Skunk found on Prince Charles' Harewood End Estate (From Hereford Times)

The article says skunks, as I thought, are not native to Britain. So someone owned this intrusive skunk. But who, in their right mind, would own a skunk which has not had its scent glands removed??

Roslyn 11-16-2009 02:12 AM

It's now illegal to remove the scent glands of skunks in the UK. Apparently when that law came in 2 years ago some people turned their pets out and the skunks have proven they can live quite nicely on their own in the British countryside. Daily Express | Odd News :: Skunks sniff out a good life in the woods

iowabelle 11-16-2009 03:14 AM

I'd expect more of them to be released of they can't be de-scented!

I wonder if the PoW will have to wage some sort of ecological warfare against them as he has the American gray squirrel. If American skunks are procreating in the British countryside, they must be doing some damage to native species...

Skydragon 11-16-2009 07:25 AM

:previous: It's amazing the amount of non indigenous species that are released into the countryside. The worst one that we encountered was when some bright spark put his Wels freshwater catfish into our lake, they really enjoyed devouring our trout as they grew!:ohmy:

Skydragon 11-16-2009 05:27 PM

Following a recent Mandrake story (“Charles goes on health drive after hospital scare”) Clarence House has asked us to make it clear that the Prince of Wales was not rushed to hospital in the summer. Nor were there any fears he was having a heart attack. The hospital visit of which we were informed was a routinely scheduled check-up. We are happy to make this clear and apologise to His Royal Highness.

The Prince of Wales – an apology - Telegraph

iceflower 11-17-2009 12:33 PM

Pics 17.11.2009

Royal Investitures with the Prince of Wales at Buckingham
Palace in London, November 17, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

iceflower 11-18-2009 04:54 PM

Pics 18.11.2009

The Prince of Wales meets the President of Sierra Leone, Ernest
Bai Koroma, at The Sierra Leone Trade and Investment Forum being
held at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in central London.
November 18, 2009

iceflower 11-20-2009 09:37 AM

Royal Investitures with Prince Charles inside the Ballroom at
Buckingham Palace, London, November 20, 2009.

Marsel 11-20-2009 09:09 PM

Thank you for the pictures, iceflower! :flowers:

Delia Smith serves up tribute to home cooks as Prince of Wales awards her CBE

Quote:

Millions of kitchen beginners have already paid their tribute by investing in her cookery books.

Yesterday Prince Charles joined the Delia Smith fan club when she arrived at Buckingham Palace to be made a CBE.
After receiving the honour, 68-year-old Delia said: 'It's sort of a tribute to home cooks all over Britain.'

iceflower 11-24-2009 12:28 PM

You're welcome, Marsel :flowers:

Prince Charles during his visit to St Paul's School in Barnes, West London.
St Paul's is celebrating its 500th anniversary this year having been founded
in 1509 by John Colet and was one of the nine original English public school.
London, England - 24.11.09.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Zonk 11-24-2009 10:45 PM

Prince Charles has also made a donation to the Cumbria Flood Recovery Fund, Clarence House said. He previously visited Carlisle in 2005 after the city was hit by severe floodin, meeting with householders, emergency services and council leaders and offering his support.

Meanwhile, Conservative leader David Cameron arrived at Carlisle railway station just before noon today (Tuesday) on a fact-finding visit to the area.
He was due to travel to Cockermouth Fire Station to meet emergency service workers and people affected by the floods.

Whitehaven News | News | Prince Charles to visit flood scenes

Lumutqueen 11-25-2009 10:50 AM

I thought Prince Charles would be the royal to visit cumbria. I'm glad he has decided to visit the area. :flowers:

iceflower 11-26-2009 11:39 AM

Pics 26.+27.11.2009

Prince Charles, Colonel in Chief of the Mercian Regiment,
during a medal ceremony at Clarence House in London
November 26, 2009.

Prince Charles during investitures at Buckingham Palace in
London, November 27, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Prince Charles visits the Northern Community Centre in
Workington, Cumbria, Britain - 27 Nov 2009. He made the
visit in order to see how the Community is coping after the
floods. The centre was built on the outskirts of Workington
after the floods cut off parts of the town.

Princejohnny25 11-28-2009 01:46 PM

Prince of Wales praises 'Cumbrian spirit' in visit to flood recovery operation

Prince Charles is a friend indeed

http://www.cumberland-news.co.uk/new...errerPath=news

BBC News - Royal praise for community spirit

The Prince of Wales and a portrait of concern

BBC News - The volunteers under fire on Afghan front line

Lumutqueen 11-29-2009 09:20 AM

Thank you very much for the articles.
The pictures from the visit to cumbria are beautiful. :flowers:

Patra 11-29-2009 09:42 AM

I love the pictures of Prince Charles during investitures at Buckingham Palace, especially the way the reciepients look up at him. He is really looking every bit a "king" these days, IMO.

Sereta 11-30-2009 07:31 PM

He does look very regal at these investitures doesn't he. :)

Zonk 12-03-2009 05:24 PM

PRINCE Charles praised the quality of Ulverston Victoria High School’s (UVHS) English curriculum during a special reception at Clarence House.
Pupils and teachers were invited to the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall’s personal residence in London to celebrate the school’s Programme Mark accreditation, awarded by the Prince’s Teaching Institute.

Prince Charles opens his home to Ulverston school party (From The Westmorland Gazette)

wbenson 12-09-2009 01:26 AM

Prince Charles taps police for loan - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Britain's Prince Charles borrowed 3,000 pounds ($5,380) from his protection officers after the royal found himself short of cash and needing to fork out for "travel expenses", reports say.

The heir to the throne repaid the loan to his officers after they stumped up the money, thought to be for flights abroad.

Roslyn 12-09-2009 05:42 PM

This sounds like extremely poor organisation to me. Can't the minders simply be issued with a credit card on an account in Charles' name to pay for things for him if he can't be trained to carry one himself? It seems absurd for there to have to be an accounting between the departments. :bang:

iceflower 12-11-2009 04:45 PM

Pics 11.12.2009

Prince Charles attending investitures at Buckingham Palace,
London, 11 December 2009.

Vicki J 12-12-2009 10:47 AM

I read on another forum that the story about the prince borrowing the money is incorrect, so I looked on the Prince of Wales website, and it says the story about him borrowing the money is incorrect.:flowers:

wbenson 12-17-2009 12:21 AM

Prince Charles accused of meddling with letters to ministers - Times Online

A Cabinet minister was lobbied by aides of the Prince of Wales over the design of eco-towns within hours of being appointed, it has emerged.

iceflower 12-18-2009 03:18 AM

The Prince of Wales at the Islamic Relief 25th anniversary Gala
Dinner in the Grosvenor House Hotel in London, December 17,

RoyalistRiley 12-18-2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson (Post 1031739)
Prince Charles accused of meddling with letters to ministers - Times Online

A Cabinet minister was lobbied by aides of the Prince of Wales over the design of eco-towns within hours of being appointed, it has emerged.

When he becomes King isn't he supposed to advise and warn the Government of the day? I know he is not the monarch yet, but I don't see why there should be a problem. As a Privy Counsellor as well, doesn't he have a right to talk to members of one of it's (technical) subcommittees?

Iluvbertie 12-18-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley (Post 1032109)
When he becomes King isn't he supposed to advise and warn the Government of the day? I know he is not the monarch yet, but I don't see why there should be a problem. As a Privy Counsellor as well, doesn't he have a right to talk to members of one of it's (technical) subcommittees?

ALL citizens have the right to write to, or otherwise contact, a MP but some would like to suggest that the Prince of Wales is doing something illegal when he is doing something totally within the rights of any citizen.

Vicki J 12-18-2009 12:04 PM

:previous: There is a piece in the Telegraph today saying the same thing, adding as a member of the privy council it is part of the job!

Lumutqueen 12-18-2009 01:48 PM

Prince Charles faces Government meddling claims over letters to ministers | Mail Online

Prince Charles accused of ‘meddling in government affairs’ - Telegraph

Warren 12-19-2009 03:15 AM

Why we must listen to Prince Charles - Telegraph

Prince Charles's track record for prescience is good, he has valuable things to say and he is often more in tune with the public than ministers are.

Excerpts:

What a to-do there has been about the Prince of Wales's letters. According to reports in a Left-wing newspaper this week, he has been meddling in Government policy, expressing strong opinions on subjects from culture to pensions. Defra, the Department for International Development, the Foreign Office and the Treasury are among the honoured recipients of his missives. And frankly I am aghast. There were eight letters in all. My reaction is: what? Only eight?

His views have been formed by a lifetime spent travelling the world, founding charities, consulting with the most eminent men and women in their fields, and meeting ordinary people. It's a range of experience far beyond that of any politician – and his opinions, so often derided when first made public, have a habit of turning into received wisdom with time. In this lies the Prince's value. He has done things. Sometimes his experience lies in areas that are poorly represented in politics. The House of Commons has become a largely urban institution, whose failure to understand the countryside has been particularly manifest under Labour. It would be surprising, however, if the Prince of Wales did not know about the countryside because he owns quite a bit of it.

Listening to Radio 4's PM programme in the car on Thursday afternoon, I nearly drove into a milk lorry when Lord Haskins chirped up, criticising the Prince's access to ministers. The millionaire former chairman of the agribusiness Northern Foods, Haskins has access aplenty. He was made a peer; he writes Government reports. Don't tell me that chief executives of multinational companies can't speak to ministers when they want to. It would be rum if they couldn't.

The Prince of Wales deserves the same privilege. Which is healthier: the Prince, as privy councillor, getting out his fountain pen, or a billionaire lushing up Peter Mandelson on a yacht? I know which I'd choose.

Iluvbertie 12-19-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 1032400)
Why we must listen to Prince Charles - Telegraph

Prince Charles's track record for prescience is good, he has valuable things to say and he is often more in tune with the public than ministers are.

Excerpts:

What a to-do there has been about the Prince of Wales's letters. According to reports in a Left-wing newspaper this week, he has been meddling in Government policy, expressing strong opinions on subjects from culture to pensions. Defra, the Department for International Development, the Foreign Office and the Treasury are among the honoured recipients of his missives. And frankly I am aghast. There were eight letters in all. My reaction is: what? Only eight?

His views have been formed by a lifetime spent travelling the world, founding charities, consulting with the most eminent men and women in their fields, and meeting ordinary people. It's a range of experience far beyond that of any politician – and his opinions, so often derided when first made public, have a habit of turning into received wisdom with time. In this lies the Prince's value. He has done things. Sometimes his experience lies in areas that are poorly represented in politics. The House of Commons has become a largely urban institution, whose failure to understand the countryside has been particularly manifest under Labour. It would be surprising, however, if the Prince of Wales did not know about the countryside because he owns quite a bit of it.

Listening to Radio 4's PM programme in the car on Thursday afternoon, I nearly drove into a milk lorry when Lord Haskins chirped up, criticising the Prince's access to ministers. The millionaire former chairman of the agribusiness Northern Foods, Haskins has access aplenty. He was made a peer; he writes Government reports. Don't tell me that chief executives of multinational companies can't speak to ministers when they want to. It would be rum if they couldn't.

The Prince of Wales deserves the same privilege. Which is healthier: the Prince, as privy councillor, getting out his fountain pen, or a billionaire lushing up Peter Mandelson on a yacht? I know which I'd choose.

Isn't great to read a positive article about the Prince of Wales for a change.

wbenson 01-03-2010 04:36 PM

Prince Charles: Iraq War Was 'Big Mistake' - Yahoo! News UK

The heir to the throne told politicians Tony Blair was making a "big mistake", sources told the News of the World.

He is reported to have mockingly referred to Mr Blair as "our glorious leader" and dismissed intelligence he read on the need for war.

Lumutqueen 01-03-2010 05:01 PM

Prince Charles branded Blair 'Our Glorious Leader' when he pressured him over Iraq war | Mail Online

Dierna23 01-19-2010 12:13 PM

Prince Charles praises brave Afghan soldier

Quote:

PRINCE Charles has praised the bravery of a teenage soldier who lost a leg in a Taliban roadside bomb blast.
ChronicleLive - News - Today's Chronicle - Prince Charles praises brave Afghan soldier

iceflower 01-20-2010 12:24 PM

Prince Charles presents campaign medals to soldiers from the Black
Watch on January 20, 2010 in Fort George, Scotland. The regiment
lost five soldiers during the seven month tour of Afghanistan.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages **

Lumutqueen 01-20-2010 01:21 PM

Prince Charles looks wonderful in that hat. :smile:
RestInPeace to those 7 men.

Martha 01-20-2010 06:40 PM

Prince Charles looks red face

iceflower 01-24-2010 10:40 AM

The Prince of Wales presents campaign medals to the 2nd Battalion,
The Mercian Regiment for service in Afghanistan outside Sandringham
House on the Royal Estate in Norfolk, January 24, 2010.

wbenson 01-25-2010 12:20 AM

Prince of Wales shows the way to lead wool back into the fashion fold - Times Online

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the sweater along comes a man with a plan, in doublebreasted wool.

The Prince of Wales is attempting to rebrand a material favoured by the nation’s grandmothers — and Val Doonican — as a fashionable and eco-friendly fabric that consumers will choose for clothes and home furnishings. The scheme, to be launched tomorrow, aims to help sheep farmers by boosting the price of wool worldwide. In Britain the average price for a kilogram in 1997 was 93p. Last year it fell to 66p.

wbenson 01-25-2010 10:41 PM

Prince of Wales cancels skiing holiday 'on the advice of Gordon Brown' - Telegraph

The Prince of Wales has cancelled his traditional skiing holiday to the Swiss Alps on the advice of Gordon Brown, it has been reported.

RoyalistRiley 01-26-2010 12:29 AM

Hopefully this will also be a chance for Charles to do something for the Commonwealth countries wool exporters, as stated in the article.

iceflower 01-26-2010 10:43 AM

The Prince of Wales during at visit to Wimpole Hall Farm in Arrington,
Cambridgeshire, during his visit Prince Charles launched The Wool
Project, an initiative to expand the market for British and Common-
wealth wool, January 26, 2010

BellaFay 01-26-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson (Post 1044457)
Prince of Wales cancels skiing holiday 'on the advice of Gordon Brown' - Telegraph

The Prince of Wales has cancelled his traditional skiing holiday to the Swiss Alps on the advice of Gordon Brown, it has been reported.

I doubt very much that the prince's decision not to go skiing this year has anything to do with Mr. Brown. It's just the Tory Telegraph having a go at him via anonymous 'sources'. Besides which if it was so why hasn't Brown laid down the law over Prince Harry's frequent expensive holidays in sunny Mauritius and South Africa - much more likely to cause annoyance amongst the British public than holidaying in freezing Switzerland! Prince Charles hasn't been to Klosters since about 2007 and then he went on his own & I don't think Camilla has ever been. If you don't ski (and Camilla doesn't) & you're not interested in the apres-ski partying then a skiing holiday is rather boring! As a couple they obviously seem to prefer spending January in Scotland.

Opal 01-26-2010 05:00 PM

Perhaps he simply doesn't feel like going skiing this year and the Telegraph is just trying to make a big deal out of it.

iceflower 01-28-2010 06:11 PM

Today, Prince Charles met with the President of Afghanistan Hamid
Karzai again (yesterday there was a reception - see the family's
current events thread):

Prince Charles greets Hamid Karzai at Clarence House, London
Thursday Jan. 28, 2010. World leaders meeting in London on
Thursday agreed on a timetable for the handover of security
duties in Afghan provinces starting in late 2010 or early 2011.

-------> Pic

And Charles met with pupils at Surrey Square Junior School in London,
Thursday, Jan. 28, 2010, as he led a group of business leaders on
a Seeing is Believing visit as President of Business in the Community.

As a reminder: "Seeing is Believing" is a program, in which business
leaders are invited to visit different parts of the country and spend
time in inner city schools, homeless hostels, prisons, or tough housing
estates to see where the problems are and what can be done against
them.

wbenson 01-29-2010 04:47 AM

City Hall backs down over Prince Charles letters to Boris Johnson | News

City Hall was today forced to row back from claims that Prince Charles sent a handful of letters to Boris Johnson.

Dierna23 01-29-2010 06:29 AM

Prince Charles launches the Wool Project, an international wool promotion initiative

Quote:

Prince Charles has announced the Wool Project, an initiative to revitalize the wool industry and promote it as a viable, eco-friendly material.
Prince Charles launches the Wool Project, an international wool promotion initiative

Russophile 01-29-2010 03:37 PM

Do you think his brother could help promote this? That is his job. . .

iceflower 02-01-2010 01:00 PM

The Prince of Wales dressed in his military combats, rides in a Springer
vehicle during a visit to Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire, where, as Colonel-in
-Chief, he met soldiers from the 1st Battalion, the Mercian Regiment
and the Royal Dragoon Guards, February 1st, 2010.

iceflower 02-02-2010 05:16 PM

Pics 2.2.2010

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visits University College
London Hospital on February 2, 2010 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio gallery **

Opal 02-02-2010 06:35 PM

I'm curious as to what that contraption is in Pic 3. :ermm:

AuroraB 02-02-2010 07:02 PM

:previous:

The instrument is called an endoscope. Frequently used for diagnosing stomach ulcers. :flowers:

Opal 02-05-2010 09:25 PM

Thank you for the answer AuroraB. :flowers:

wbenson 02-06-2010 03:34 AM

Touch of royal blue among claret as Charles drops in - Yorkshire Post

The Prince of Wales received his very own Premier League shirt as he visited Burnley Football Club on a tour of the town yesterday.

RJ TAYLER 02-06-2010 04:33 AM

I hope the club made a generous transfer offer. Nice gesture all the same.

iceflower 02-10-2010 11:39 AM

The Prince of Wales presents Afghanistan Service Medals to members
of The Queen's Own Yeomanry, The Royal Mercian and Lancastrian
Yeomanry, Royal Signals and Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
in the garden of Clarence House, London, February 10, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio gallery **

Prince Charles had a second event today and did a great job again as pics 1-3
show :smile:

The Prince of Wales tries his hand at Chi Kung, a form of Martial Art used for healing
and harnessing energy and strength, along with ex-Service personnel and homeless
people who have been through The Warrior Programme, a three-day therapeutic
course, which tackles emotional and mental trauma, at the Sir Oswald Stoll Foundation,
Fulham, London.

wbenson 02-10-2010 10:40 PM

:previous: An article about the second event:

Prince Charles practices Chi Kung whilst trying to find his 'Chi' | Mail Online

It was supposed to bring calmness to his head and restore energy to his body.

But Prince Charles didn't look entirely at peace as he contorted himself into the awkward shapes demanded by the ancient Chinese exercise of chi kung.

wbenson 02-11-2010 03:42 AM

The Press Association: Charles set to visit Gurkhas

The Prince of Wales is visiting Gurkhas as they prepare for deployment to Afghanistan.

As Colonel in Chief, Charles will meet soldiers from 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles as they train on Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire, ahead of deploying to Afghanistan next month.

iceflower 02-11-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson (Post 1050013)
As Colonel in Chief, Charles will meet soldiers from 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles as they train on Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire, ahead of deploying to Afghanistan next month.

Here are the pics of the mentioned event today:

Prince Charles gestures as he greets members of the 1st Battalion
The Royal Gurkha Rifles at the Avon compound in Wiltshire, southern
England February 11, 2010. The soldiers are taking part in a Mission
Rehearsal Exercise prior to being deployed to Afghanistan next month.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Russophile 02-11-2010 03:03 PM

Now are these Gurkhas allowed to immigrate to England? I know that Joanna Lumley was fighting hard for Gurkha rights.

Princejohnny25 02-11-2010 03:46 PM

After I think 4 years of service, they are allowed to immigrate to the UK, finally! Many thanks to the fabulous Joanna Lumley. I'll never understand how Joanna Lumley hasnt become a Dame yet, if you ask me, she should be given a title as well for simply being so awesomly wonderfull! But Im biased.

iceflower 02-12-2010 09:45 AM

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales during a visit to St Mellitus College on
February 12, 2010 in London, England.

St Mellitus College is The Church of England's newest theological training
college, founded by the Bishops of London and Chelmsford as a resource
for London and Essex. The Prince's visit was an opportunity for him to
meet people connected with the College, as well as members of the
community who use St Paul's, including youth workers and school children
and members of other organisations associated with the Church of England
within the Diocese of London.

At first I couldn't decide which one was my favourite of these great
pics, but then I've seen the muffin pic..:biggrin:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages **

wbenson 02-13-2010 12:55 AM

Prince Charles lauds 'encouraging' evangelical Alpha movement - Times Online

The Prince of Wales has called for a return to the values of "mind, body and spirit" to solve the problems of a "fragmented" world.

Prince Charles recommended the work of the Church of England in spiritual healing and singled out for praise the church planting initiatives of the evangelical Alpha movement as "enormously encouraging".

iceflower 02-16-2010 08:37 AM

The Prince of Wales during an investiture ceremony at
Buckingham Palace, London, February 16, 2010.
The lady on the second pic is fashion designer Amanda
Wakeley who received an OBE.

Dierna23 02-18-2010 12:07 AM

Prince Charles to make second visit

Quote:

THE Prince of Wales is to make a second visit to Uganda to attend a three-day water meeting starting March 15 at the Commonwealth Resort Hotel Munyonyo in Kampala.
New Vision Online : Prince Charles to make second visit

iceflower 02-18-2010 12:01 PM

The Prince of Wales meets families and soldiers of the Royal
Dragoon Guards during his visit to Catterick Garrison today
ahead of the Regiment's deployment to Afghanistan next
month.The Prince is Colonel in Chief of the Regiment.
February 18, 2010.

BellaFay 02-18-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dierna23 (Post 1052419)

I'm a bit doubtful about this story because on the 15th March, when according to this report he will be in Uganda, the Foreign office claims that he will be starting an 8-day tour with Camilla to Poland, Humgary and the Czech Republic.:ermm:

Florencia 02-18-2010 07:43 PM

Shouldn't you be on maternity leave? Surprised Prince Charles's greeting to heavily pregnant soldier awarded for bravery | Mail Online

iceflower 03-01-2010 12:25 PM

The Prince of Wales during a reception for staff and supporters
of George Thomas Hospice Care, at Clarence House, central
London, March 1st, 2010.

queenofthelight 03-09-2010 01:06 PM

The photos are wonderful as always, Iceflower!:flowers:

Pictured: Prince Charles being put through his paces while training with the Royal Marines | Mail Online (09/03/2010).:smile:

iceflower 03-11-2010 03:17 AM

The Prince of Wales at the Birmingham Hippodrome, for the Anniversary
Celebration of the Brimingham Royal Ballet, March 10, 2010.
It had been announced that Camilla would attend as well, but she had
to cancel the event as to health problems.

iceflower 03-12-2010 04:28 AM

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales attended a reception to mark the
opening of the exhibition 'Victoria & Albert: Art and Love' at The
Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace. London, England - 11.03.10

On pics 1 and 2 he stands in front of The Royal Family in 1846 by
Franz Xaver Winterhalter and on pic 3 you can see Cimabue's
Maddona Carried in Procession by Frederic Leighton.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Lumutqueen 03-12-2010 02:35 PM

This exhibition was on the news, and it featured some scenes from the film The Young Victoria.
Looks like a wonderful exhibition, glad Charles went. :smile:
Beatrice should of gone too.

wbenson 03-13-2010 02:00 AM

Prince of Wales describes moment he began to appreciate art - Telegraph

The Prince of Wales has described the moment at the age of fourteen that he first started to appreciate art.

BellaFay 03-13-2010 03:23 PM

The reason Prince Charles attended the private view for the exhibition is that he is Chair of the Royal Collection Trustees & as such almost all thee trustee meetings and many of the exhibition openings as well as holding receptions for the staff. He isn't just attending it because it coincides with a film that has just won an Oscar for costume.

georgiea 03-13-2010 05:44 PM

The Prince of Wales is very good at painting, so he would like art sooner then fourteen, to me this shows he must not be aware of his environment.:smile:;):smile:

Opal 03-14-2010 06:43 PM

http://i39.tinypic.com/2iax37d.jpg

This is a really lovely painting. One of my favourites of Victoria and her family.

Lumutqueen 03-14-2010 06:49 PM

Prince Charles is one of the main voices on the program
BBC iPlayer - Victoria: A Royal Love Story

BellaFay 03-14-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiea (Post 1059245)
The Prince of Wales is very good at painting, so he would like art sooner then fourteen, to me this shows he must not be aware of his environment.:smile:;):smile:

Jonathan Dimbleby quotes a royal relative as saying that Prince Charles didn't discover the marvellous collection of Leonardo drwings in the Royal Library at Windsor until he was 14-15 as nobody in his famlily had bothered to mention or show them to him. He didn't take up painting in watercolour until he was in his 20s. At school he did ceramics.

muriel 03-25-2010 12:29 PM

BBC News - Prince Charles visits British troops in Afghanistan

Prince Charles visits British troops in Afghanistan

The Prince of Wales has visited Afghanistan to meet British troops and thank them for their service. Prince Charles laid a wreath at a memorial to those who have died in Afghanistan and visited a hospital where many of the wounded receive care.

"The Prince of Wales has been trying to come to Afghanistan for some time and this was a chance for him to meet the troops and thank them personally for their service.
The trip has been kept a closely guarded secret for security reasons and involved heavily armed troops on the ground and helicopter gunships overhead.
Prince Charles has a close relationship with a number of military regiments and writes personal letters to bereaved families.
Both of his sons have been to Afghanistan, with Prince Harry having served on active duty in 2008.
He paid tribute to what he called the extraordinary courage of the troops and spoke of a debt of gratitude felt by all."

Lumutqueen 03-25-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Prince Charles today became the most senior royal to visit British troops on the frontline as he made a secret trip to Afghanistan.

The heir-to-the-throne's tour was shrouded in secrecy and details were only released after he had left Afghan airspace.
Prince Charles on secret visit to boost British troops in Afghanistan | Mail Online

iceflower 03-25-2010 01:20 PM

Good to see him supporting the troops!

Here are some more pics of his visit:

Prince Charles arrived in Afghanistan on a surprise visit on March 24,
and met with British soldiers serving in the southern Helmand Province.

** belga gallery **

RJ TAYLER 03-25-2010 02:03 PM

A welcome morale booster from the Prince there. Very appreciated by the troops as well. Plus, unlike some politicians, a visitor that can talk to them on the level of someone who has worn the Uniform as well.

muriel 03-25-2010 02:35 PM

True, a visit from the PoW would definately have been a morale booster.

Russophile 03-25-2010 03:16 PM

I have found our politicians tend to use our men and women in service for more photography sessions instead of actually helping them. This is why I like that the BRF has actual regiments assigned to them that they get to know and help.
You're very correct RJ: It IS a moral booster. :flowers:

karla64 03-26-2010 10:57 AM

The Prince of Wales - The Prince of Wales visits Afghanistan

Ilse 03-26-2010 11:04 AM

Charles had a busy week after his Eastern Europe trip!

Lumutqueen 03-26-2010 02:33 PM

It is wonderful that he went to see the troops. :flowers:
But Prince Phillip has visited the front line, wouldn't that make him the senior royal? Or doesn't he count?

wbenson 03-26-2010 05:07 PM

Prince Philip visited Iraq, not Afghanistan.

dazzling 03-26-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson (Post 1063026)
Prince Philip visited Iraq, not Afghanistan.

but all articles mention Afghanistan.
After his visit to Afghan or Iraq, Prince Charles made a short visit to Saudi Arabia where he met with Saudi's King Abdullah

Source

wbenson 03-26-2010 07:39 PM

An article said that Prince Charles was the most senior royal to visit Afghanistan. Lumutqueen asked about Prince Philip's visit, but he went to Iraq, not Afghanistan.