The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Royals you can identify with? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/royals-you-can-identify-with-25291.html)

Dierna23 10-18-2009 12:41 PM

Royals you can identify with?

Are there royals - living or of the past - you think about: comes close to my own nature? Because of their character, behaviour, fashion sense, hobbies or interests etc.?

Westminster 10-18-2009 09:51 PM

Close to my own nature I suppose would come Prince Philip because of his humour mainly and it seems he always looked at the bright side of life. ;) Nice idea this topic.

queenofthelight 10-19-2009 02:54 PM

For me this person is Grand Duchess Maria.:previous:
Loving history and her country.

Lighthouse 10-21-2009 09:26 AM

Fergie in just one way. I have to keep on top of my weight or I become cuddly.

grace marie 10-21-2009 09:41 AM

It's depends...

a) Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg is may favourite becouse when I first time see him, I thought he's my ,,male" version. Lots of common.

b) Charlotte Casiraghi: We're brunette and I love her clothes. If I were more money I would have her clothes.

c) Victoria of Sweden (hair, cheeks and some similarities in character)

d) Kate Middleton (she's not royal yet, but I don't suppose sth change it thas matter) - I saw her photos from university and I thought we have lots of common - but I'm not so tall.

sunshine_93 10-21-2009 09:58 AM

I'm agree with grace marie with prince Guillaume-so much in common!
And I'm agree too with queenofthelight with Grand Duches Maria!

antonieta 10-21-2009 10:29 AM

I know it might seem a litte frivolous, but it could say that i identify myself with crown princess mary because of high heels.
I only were high heels.

Patra 10-21-2009 10:55 AM

I identify with Maxima- maybe I feel the need to be more care free and less serious like her?

ZUBIAUR 03-07-2010 02:32 PM

I can identify myself with princess Grace in her character ,and taste,her fashion tastes,her love for flowers,her sensibility,politeness,sweetness and in some physical characteristics.....and with Princesss Diana,because of her character in the positive way:sensitive,loving,generous,humble,and in her taste for dressing....
But no comparison,of course,they are better:whistling:

Soli Deo Gloria 03-07-2010 04:11 PM

The Crown Princesses of: the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway (+ Märta-Louise) and Spain, because they are all in my age and they all have children in the same ages as my children...

Archduchess Zelia 03-07-2010 07:09 PM

H.I.H the Grand Duchess Olga Nicholaievna of Russia - our personalities is frightenly lot alike! (:
H.R.H Princess Iman bint al Hussein of Jordan - we're (almost) at the same age, and I sense that we are a lot alike!

RoyalistRiley 03-08-2010 03:22 AM

I can identify with Prince Charles, because we both struggle with Maths; with Louis XIV of France because we are both coin collectors .

Angelique 03-26-2010 03:55 AM

Identify with....

I would choose 3 Royal Ladies, who after studying their lives, I feel I strongly identify with::smile:
1. Empress Sissi of Austria;
2. Empress Eugenie of France;
3. Queen Victoria.
I love their Courage, Loyalty, Romance, their Elegance and Fashion taste, also because the Fashions of that time were Beautiful and Regal.
:flowers:

AnnaNotherThing 03-26-2010 08:37 PM

Perhaps Princess Mary...She is Australian, my age, has a husband born in 1968, has brown hair and eyes...And while I don't share her fashion sense (as in I don't dress like her) if I could I probably would and I can't mainly due to financial reasons and being slightly larger than a sample size...

Catherine Helvin 04-28-2010 05:25 AM

In some ways, I can identify myself with Princess Diana because some of my clothes are modelled on hers but whereas in her later years, she liked slim skirts, I like long, very full ones. Pretty well any colour looked nice on her and the same could be said about me.

In others, I can identify myself with the Queen Mother because she didn't change her style to suit current trends: she knew what suited her and stuck to it. One of her pet hates was wearing trousers - she never did, save for when she put waders on over her skirt when salmon fishing. I never wear trousers. When she went out to meet people, she would wear something eye-catching to make her easy to spot. This is what I do whenever I go to meet my train driver friends.

Angelique 04-29-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Helvin (Post 1074705)
I like long, very full ones. Pretty well any colour looked nice on her and the same could be said about me.

In others, I can identify myself with the Queen Mother because she didn't change her style to suit current trends: she knew what suited her and stuck to it. One of her pet hates was wearing trousers - she never did, save for when she put waders on over her skirt when salmon fishing. I never wear trousers. When she went out to meet people, she would wear something eye-catching to make her easy to spot. This is what I do whenever I go to meet my train driver friends.

Dear Catherine,:flowers:
I feel exactly the same: I like long and very full skirts, and nearly always wear them; they are simply Divine to wear and they are always beautiful and very elegant. I feel classic elegance does not suffer from the vagaries of fickle fashion and time.
And like you, I admired Her Majesty, the Queen Mother for so clearly being happily Herself and sticking with it. And... I also hate wearing trousers, Ha....Perhaps I can Identify with Her too. :smile:

Catherine Helvin 04-29-2010 05:13 AM

I also love trained dresses, especially for evening/wedding wear. The longer the better IMO!!

Angelique 04-29-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Helvin (Post 1075209)
I also love trained dresses, especially for evening/wedding wear. The longer the better IMO!!

Yes Catherine, me too!:flowers:
Most of my evening Gowns are circular or crinoline and have trains as well; mostly small ones though. And indeed, for Wedding wear, the longer the better! My wedding dress was like that too. I still have it........ :smile:

Catherine Helvin 04-30-2010 04:59 AM

All of my dresses and skirts are long and very full so that they form little trains on stairs. My favourite cut of skirt is circular cos I love the way they swirl about with every step I take.

Some 6 or 7 years ago I wore a glove on just my left hand, as the Queen Mother used to, keeping my right one free for waving to my railway friends and shaking hands. Nowadays I stick with my waterproof-interlined, fleece-lined handmuff as it's much more effective than gloves. Having said that, I hate cold weather full stop.

nascarlucy 07-19-2010 09:20 PM

The Queen Mother makes me think of my own grandmother. They both were about the same age (The Queen Mother is two years older) and they both smiled a lot.

I could identify with Sarah Ferguson and any royal who has weight problems as I have them. Royals are human and have difficulties just like anyone else. The difference being often the whole world knows their problems. It made me angry when people would make comments about their weight or make fun of them because they had weight problems.

When Princess Diana talked about being lonely at school, I could identify with that. I didn't go to a boarding school but could identify with her being lonely. I was a rather shy person and found it difficult to open myself up to others.