The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Princess Lilian's 90th Birthday; August 30, 2004 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/princess-lilians-90th-birthday-august-30-2004-a-25095.html)

HMQueenElizabethII 08-05-2005 07:39 PM

Princess Lilian's 90th Birthday; August 30, 2004

Have the Royal Family announced any celebrations for Princess Lilian's 90th birthday this year yet?I remember HRH's birthday is on 30th August.
And also we have not seen her for a long time, i mean on engagements or presenting prizes or awards.

Gita 08-06-2005 10:46 AM

Celebrations

Oh I really hope that they have some sort of public celebration - even just a very small one such as an appearance in the courtyard the Royal Palace in Stockholm so members of the public can congratulate her. :)

GrandDuchess 08-06-2005 07:21 PM

I don't think there will be any larger celebrations, she might be too frail for such things at her high age, although she looks incredibly good! Hopefully there will be a dinner in her honour, that would be a minimum I would think... But we'll see...

I agree with you Gita, I also hope there will be a congratulatory call on the courtyard. I will send her this postcard, but in purple, and some flowers (haven't decided what kind yet).

Gita 08-07-2005 09:42 AM

How lovely of you

I think that is lovely of you GrandDuchess. Love that postcard you're going to send her. :) :cool: ;)

HMQueenElizabethII 08-07-2005 04:51 PM

That's really fanstastic,GrandDuchess and so kindly of you.Princess Lilian will be very happy when seeing the card.

Yennie 08-28-2005 04:56 PM

Soon, on tuesday, its Lilians birthday! Wonder if there will be any special celebrations? On www.royalcourt.se it just says its her birthday...

Gita 08-28-2005 06:37 PM

Birthday celebration?

I really do hope they do someting for Princes Lilian, after all she will be 90!

GrandDuchess 08-29-2005 05:36 AM

This week's issue of Svensk Damtidning tells that the Royal Family will honour Princess Lilian's 90th birthday tomorrow with a big party at Prince Eugen's Waldemarsudde on Royal Djurgården (not too far from her home, Villa Solbacken, which also is on Royal Djurgården). Queen Silvia is said to be the party planner, or the "party general" as they called her.

Jose 08-29-2005 10:21 AM

Yes she birthday on Waldemarsudde and queen Silvia in party. Princess Lilian have many friends Sickan Carlsson,Inga-Greta Håkansson and Marianne Zettström,Beck-Friss....Roger Moore and his wife Kicki Moore.They is many older friends to Princess Lilian. Sickan Carlsson and Inga Greta Håkansson is on 1940 many years friends to Princess Lilian. Princess Lilian is love in many friends and royal family.royal children.
This photo Princess Lilian and crown princess Victoria yes is 2000 parliament in september.

Lena 08-30-2005 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
This week's issue of Svensk Damtidning tells that the Royal Family will honour Princess Lilian's 90th birthday tomorrow with a big party at Prince Eugen's Waldemarsudde on Royal Djurgården (not too far from her home, Villa Solbacken, which also is on Royal Djurgården). Queen Silvia is said to be the party planner, or the "party general" as they called her.

I hope the "party general" will do her very best for this great birthday child.

All my best wishes and congratulations to her Royal highness!!

Josefine 08-30-2005 05:32 AM

happy birthday

to bad there is no tv programme about her would love to see videos photos about her' and her talking about her royal life

BeatrixFan 08-30-2005 06:52 AM

Re:

Happy Birthday to the Princess!

Although she lives in Sweden and is a Princess of Sweden, I always think of her as a British Princess too and thats why I love her! :)

ursulajohanna 08-31-2005 03:28 AM

Gratulation and best wishes to Princess Lilian to her 90th birthday!

Have you see any pictures from birthday celebration (arrinve the guest) at Prins Eugen Waldemarsudde at yesterday? I cann't find anything.

Lena 08-31-2005 06:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Article from Aftonbladet:
Yesterday Lilian´s 90th birthday was celebrated in the Royal castle and in Waldemarsudde.
The whole Royal family (Madeleine in a white suit, while the others wore evening dresses) celebrated together with Stockholm´s society (among them Roger Moore with his wife Kiki) the princess.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...691911,00.html

Josefine 08-31-2005 06:58 AM

thank you so much i hope that we will see more photos
to bad the papers and tv have not done more about lilian
thought we would get to see more photos of her from the past

Jose 08-31-2005 12:20 PM

This photo near Princess Lilian have to Waldemarsudde on Djurgården. Shes oldest friends Tore Wretman death 2003 and wife Eva Wretman arm in Roger Moore,his wife Kicki.
Eva Wretman is living good friend to Princess Lilian. Princess Lilian have farewell near Eva Wretmans husband Tore death 87 year february 2003 on funeral. They is many years friend. Couple Wretman visit many years to Franska Maxime on Frankrike,Prince Bertil and Princess Lilians house.
They is beautiful and visit Princess Lilians 90th birthday. Princess is good and alert,vital.She have 50 people near she 90th birthday on 30 augusti. Expressen and Princess Lilian sitting on Djurgården,she speak english and many flowers his home Djurgården. She is happy and smile.Many friends from world europe send to Princess Lilians 90th birthday!She is smile smile!!!

Princess Lilian is love of Sweden people and royal family!

Lena 08-31-2005 03:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some pictures from Fotobank and kändisnytt

Josefine 08-31-2005 04:07 PM

i hope that these are the first photos of many more to come

Lena 08-31-2005 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine
i hope that these are the first photos of many more to come

So far not. I couldn´t find more of the Royals. Maybe others have more luck :confused:

ursulajohanna 08-31-2005 04:22 PM

Thanks Lena for posting the pictures. I hope we will see more pics from the royals.