The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of Italy (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f81/)
-   -   Engagement of Prince Carlos of B-P & Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel; October 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f81/engagement-of-prince-carlos-of-b-p-and-annemarie-gualth-rie-van-weezel-october-2009-a-25064.html)

lucien 10-07-2009 08:22 AM

Engagement of Prince Carlos of B-P & Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel; October 2009
 
:bourbonparma:
HRH Prince Carlos de Bourbon Parme,eldest son of TRH The Duke of Parma and Princess Irene of The Netherlands will marry Annemarie Guathérie van Weezel in 2010.Miss Guathérie van Weezel is a political editor for dutch NOS television,the Prince is,ao,director of a foundation for innovation and sustainebility.No exact date has been set yet other then 2010.The couple have been an item for some years now.

antonieta 10-07-2009 01:00 PM

Congratulations to the couple.

Marengo 10-07-2009 01:01 PM

From our blog:

Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma To Marry Dutch Journalist

Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma, the eldest son of the Duke of Parma and Princess Irene of The Netherlands, will get married. The family announced today that the prince will marry Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel next year.

Prince Carlos Javier Bernardo of Bourbon-Parma, Prince of Piacenza, was born in Nijmegen on 27 January 1970. He studied Economy, Hostory and Political Sciences at the Wesleyan University in Connecticut and Demographics and Philosophy at the University of Cambridge. At the moment he is the director of a foundation for Innovation and Sustainability.

His fiancée, Annemarie Cecilia Gualthérie van Weezel, was born in The Hague on 18 December 1977. She has an older brother and a younger sister. Annemarie went to secundairy school in Strasbourg (France) and studied Law at the University of Utrecht. After this she studied Radio- and Television journalism at the University of Groningen. At the moment she works for the NOS (the public channel) as a parlamentary journalist in The Hague and Brussels.

Annemarie is the daughter of Hans Gualthérie van Weezel and Ank de Visser. Her father was a member of parliament for the Christian Democratic party. Later he was a member of the European Council in Strasborug, after which he became the Dutch ambassador in Luxembourg. Annemarie’s paternal grandfather is Jan Hans Gualthérie van Weezel, who was the head of the police in The Hague. During the second World War he was a member of the Dutch resistance and the commander of the resistance in Velzen. He was married to Constance Eveline Crommelin, whose family belongs to the Dutch patriciate with links to the nobility.

A link to Annemarie’s anscestors can be found here. Read more about the engagement in this thread.

Marengo 10-08-2009 04:55 AM

According to some newspaper reports, the prince will lose his succession rioghts for the house of Bourbon-Parma by marrying a commoner. They claim that the family has a statute that says as much. I am not sure if the family actually has one and I wonder if the permission of the duke of Parma isn't enough?

Alison20 10-10-2009 01:37 PM

I think it largely depends on the Head of the Family - and whether cadet branches will accept any changes which they may feel disadvantages their pretentions! Ex King Michael of Roumania restructured the code for his house, with no problems. GD Wladimir of Russia tweeked his - but the lesser, and more distant branches of the Romanovs have disputed them.

Does anyone with closer knowledge of the Ducal House of Bourbon Parma have anything pertinent things to say on this? Or know of anything that the D of P may have said at the announcement of the engagement? Is silence, if he was in fact silent, to be taken as disapproval?

MAfan 10-10-2009 01:57 PM

Several marriages of Princes to commoners are considered morganatic.
The marriage of Carlos and Annemarie reminds me to the marriage of Prince Charles Emmanuel and Constance de Ravinel: her family has some links to the aristocracy, they are barons if I remember correctly, but the marriage is considered equal; Annemarie has some links to the aristocracy too, as far as I know.
So, I guess this marriage will be considered as equal.

amedea 10-10-2009 03:44 PM

What about the religion of the bride?
Constance de Ravinel is the daughter of a baron according to thePeerage.com, so she is a noble. If Annemarie has only a noble grandmother she isn't and that could be the basis for a different treatment.

Sereta 10-10-2009 03:58 PM

Congratulations to the couple! The Bourbon-Parma's aren't a ruling family so i don't know why it should matter too much if it's equal or not.

susan alicia 10-10-2009 04:48 PM

MAfan, this thing does not really concern me but, it is not equal......

I agree with Sereta, they will never become the ruling family of Spain so it does not really matter.

They seem like a nice couple and I am glad for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAfan (Post 1002728)
Several marriages of Princes to commoners are considered morganatic.
The marriage of Carlos and Annemarie reminds me to the marriage of Prince Charles Emmanuel and Constance de Ravinel: her family has some links to the aristocracy, they are barons if I remember correctly, but the marriage is considered equal; Annemarie has some links to the aristocracy too, as far as I know.
So, I guess this marriage will be considered as equal.


MAfan 10-10-2009 05:49 PM

Yes, maybe you're right...
The marriage of Charles Emmanuel is the one who much can resemble to the one of Carlos and Annemaria, but it's true that these are two different situations...
So, the only sure thing is that in the Ducal Family the marriages between Princes and commoners have always been considered morganatic; I hope not this one.

auntie 10-10-2009 07:28 PM

any pics of the couple?

jonnydep 10-10-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan alicia (Post 1002809)

I agree with Sereta, they will never become the ruling family of Spain so it does not really matter.

hi there....... sorry, but i am little confused here.....where does sereta state that the house of bourbon parma should be the ruling family of spain ?. i take it that sereta was referring to the fact that the bourdon parma family is no longer rulers of their former italian duchy of parma !!.

never the less, i do believe that the head of the house of bourbon parma, does consider himself as the carlist claimant to the spanish throne....so i suppose you are correct in a way !!......:flowers:

Patra 10-10-2009 08:56 PM

I too would like to see photos of the happy couple.

JessRulz 10-10-2009 10:46 PM

:previous:

Here and here are the most recent photo of Carlos and Annemarie, at the christening of Pieter van Vollenhoven back in September.

amedea 10-11-2009 07:27 AM

I don't think it is the case, but theoretically Carlist and Parma rules could be different: so the marriage could be equal for one claim and not for the other.
Btw, do the claims as regent of Sixte-Henry de B-P concern only Carlism or also Parma? I think that in S-H's mind the marriage has to be approved by him to be dinastic. I'm very curious to see if he will talk about the matter and what he will say. His biggest "power", IMO, is to decide who will inherit Lignières' castle: maybe Carlos? Maybe Jaime? Maybe his nephew Lobkowicz? Maybe other Bourbon-Parmas?

susan alicia 10-11-2009 07:35 AM

that is what I meant.

I know nothing about their former duchy of parma but if they are taking that into considering when desciding to marry they would be living in lala land.:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnydep (Post 1002852)
hi there....... sorry, but i am little confused here.....where does sereta state that the house of bourbon parma should be the ruling family of spain ?. i take it that sereta was referring to the fact that the bourdon parma family is no longer rulers of their former italian duchy of parma !!.

Quote:

never the less, i do believe that the head of the house of bourdon parma, does consider himself as the carlist claimant to the spanish thro
ne....so i suppose you are correct in a way !!......:flowers:


lucien 10-11-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amedea (Post 1003038)
I don't think it is the case, but theoretically Carlist and Parma rules could be different: so the marriage could be equal for one claim and not for the other.
Btw, do the claims as regent of Sixte-Henry de B-P concern only Carlism or also Parma? I think that in S-H's mind the marriage has to be approved by him to be dinastic. I'm very curious to see if he will talk about the matter and what he will say. His biggest "power", IMO, is to decide who will inherit Lignières' castle: maybe Carlos? Maybe Jaime? Maybe his nephew Lobkowicz? Maybe other Bourbon-Parmas?

S-H has no say in this whatshowever,not now,not ever!
(His parents marriage was deemed morganatically untill Robert II decided it was equal after all to marry that Bourbon-Busset lady).

Now it is HRH Prince Carlos Hugo,Duke of Parma,and ONLY HE who decides on what is equal or not.
HRH has approved of the marriage,he doesn't oppose,at all.He is the Head of the House,and no-one else,let alone that creature.

jonnydep 10-11-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susan alicia (Post 1003041)
I know nothing about their former duchy of parma but if they are taking that into considering when desciding to marry they would be living in lala land.:flowers:

well this branch of the spanish bourbons ruled the italian duchy of parma from 1748/49 until 1859, when the family was deposed and parma was annexed to the kingdom of sardinia .....hence as to why the family is referred to as "bourbon parma" !!
thus i dare say that the boubon parma family must abide to its own family laws and rules...before that of the spanish bourdons (or the carlist family laws and rules for that matter),which could well be quite differant than the bourbon parma's.......:flowers:

principessa 12-28-2009 06:26 AM

Are there news about a wedding date?

QUEENECE29 12-30-2009 08:03 AM

Congratulations Prince Carlos & Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises