The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Life and Lifestyle (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Which Royals Are Good Friends? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/which-royals-are-good-friends-2499.html)

tdarlene 06-13-2007 03:15 PM

Queen Noor of Jordan states in her book Leap of Faith: Memoirs of an Unexpected Life that she is a good friend of Queen Sofia of Spain, Empress Farah of Iran, King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie of the Hellenes.

coco 06-13-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakshmi
I read somewhere that P Albert of Monaco and P Charles of GB like each other, they share interest in environment.

I think you're right. I also heard it when I was watching the wedding of . . . I thing Felipe and Letizia, where they were sitting next to each other and had a long conversation.
Not during the wedding ceremonie but during the dinner.

acdc1 06-13-2007 03:55 PM

I've seen Prince Albert and Prince Charles together on several occasions. They probably talk a lot about the environment, which is a good thing. I heard somewhere that Albert and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden were hanging out at a wedding or something, and they were reported to be love intrests, but she said they were just good friends. Does anybody have anything else about this, I found it a little hard to believe.

Henri M. 06-13-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coco
I think you're right. I also heard it when I was watching the wedding of . . . I thing Felipe and Letizia, where they were sitting next to each other and had a long conversation.
Not during the wedding ceremonie but during the dinner.

This has nothing to do with being good friends. Because Prince Rainier and Queen Elizabeth never attend foreign events, their sons come after the reigning Sovereigns.

That is one. The second reason is that the Prince de Monaco and The Queen are the Doyen and Doyenne of Europe's Sovereigns. The rank of their Heirs is linked to the Reign.

If there were only Crown Princes back then in Madrid, then their ranks would have been:

The Crown Prince of Thailand (1946)
The Hereditary Prince of Monaco (1949)
The Prince of Wales (1952)
The Heir to the Sultanate of Oman - at the moment incumbent (1970)
The Crown Prince of Denmark (1972)
The Crown Princess of Sweden (1973)
The Prince of Asturias (1975)
The Prince of Orange (1980)
The Heir to the King of Swaziland (1986)
The Crown Prince of Japan (1989)
The Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein (1989)
The Crown Prince of Norway (1991)
The Duke of Brabant (1993)
The Heir to the Emirate of Qatar (1995)
Prince Hussein bin al-Abdullah of Jordan (1999)
The Crown Prince of Morocco (1999)
The Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg (2000)
The Crown Prince of Nepal (2001)
The Crown Prince of Cambodia - at the moment incumbent (2004)
The Heir to the United Arab Emirates - at the moment incumbent (2004)
The Heir to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (2005)
The Crown Prince of Kuwait (2006)
The Crown Prince of Bhutan - at the moment incumbent (2006)

The list shows that until the death of Prince Rainier III, the Prince of Wales and the Hereditary Prince of Monaco always were placed next together, conform the traditional preseance at the Court.

crisiñaki 08-13-2007 02:35 PM

Good, close friends are the Dukes of Palma, the Prince and Princess of Preslav and Prince Feisal and Princess Alia of Jordan

They usually spend a lot of time together in the summer

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...R_00187778.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...R_00187761.jpg

And they go to the respective birthday parties as friends and such, just like Prince Feisal's 40th birthday in 2003

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...cumple2003.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...umple20031.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...umple20032.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...umple20033.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...umple20034.jpg

Most royals are called "friends" because they see each other a lot in official acts, to me friends are the people you hang out with whether at royal acts or in holidays or in parties and such;)

stephanievl 08-13-2007 05:09 PM

Mathilde and Maxima are good friends and their husbands to. They visit each other regularly and they also do official duties together. When Mathilde gave birth to Elisabeth Maxima came to visit het in the hospial.

http://www.hollandcourier.com/wk-42_...s_Mathilde.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7997/74lc.jpg
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/3755/2601795zu.jpg
http://www.elsevier.nl/artimg/a20061133246661.jpg
http://www.gva.be/dossiers/-k/koning.../charleroi.jpg

Little_star 08-16-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki (Post 653104)
Good, close friends are the Dukes of Palma, the Prince and Princess of Preslav and Prince Feisal and Princess Alia of Jordan

They usually spend a lot of time together in the summer

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...R_00187778.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...R_00187761.jpg

And they go to the respective birthday parties as friends and such, just like Prince Feisal's 40th birthday in 2003

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...cumple2003.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...umple20031.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...umple20032.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...umple20033.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...umple20034.jpg

Most royals are called "friends" because they see each other a lot in official acts, to me friends are the people you hang out with whether at royal acts or in holidays or in parties and such;)

It's quite well-known that the Spanish and Jordanian RF's are close, Noor and Sofia were well-known for their friendship.

However, does anyone know how long Alia and Feisal have been close to the Spanish RF for? Moreover didn't Felipe and Letizia spend time in Jordan last year? Were they staying independently or with the Royals?
Thanks!

Alison20 08-16-2007 08:17 PM

Queen Elizabeth often invites Queen Margarethe, Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg and (used to invite) King Hussein to stay at Balmoral. Since this is a private home which she retires to in the summer, I would think she would invite those she likes.

It is also well known that the British Royal Family is very friendly with the Greek Royal Family. They have a lot of family connections, not only through Prince Philip and the late Duchess of Kent, but through the Danish side of both families with Queen Anne-Marie and the late Queen Alexandra.

They are also closely related to the Norwegian RF. When King Olav was alive, he was also often over visiting.

The Queen herself rarely travels abroad except on State and Official visits. I am not sure what the reason is for this. Perhaps it is her own personal decision. But I believe that when she came to the throne, so soon after the War, the Government view was that 'hobnobing' with Continental Royalty was not the right thing, particularly because so many of Prince Philip's close relatives (and some of the Queen's) were German. This just seems to carry on now. Of course, it is easy to forget that the Queen is in her eighties. At her age it is understandable that she asks Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward to attend all the weddings, christenings and birthday parties to represent her.

Little_star 08-16-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison20 (Post 654391)
It is also well known that the British Royal Family is very friendly with the Greek Royal Family. They have a lot of family connections, not only through Prince Philip and the late Duchess of Kent, but through the Danish side of both families with Queen Anne-Marie and the late Queen Alexandra.

Weren't there rumours at one time that the Queen had assisted the Greek RF financially? If that were ture then it is certainly the strongest indicator of the closeness of their relationship.

Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath are quite close to members of the Danish and Dutch Royal Families. When their daughter Princess Badiya got married Princess Benedikte attended the wedding, possibly in a private capacity as there was no Jordanian Royal present at Fred and Mary's wedding. Additionally there was a large turnout from the Netherlands including, Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, Prince Maurits, Prince Bernhard Jr. and Princess Annette, Prince Pieter Christiaan and his then-fiancee Anita van Eyck, Prince Floris and his then-fiancee Aimee Sohngen. Other foreign attendees came from Luxembourg and Bulgaria.
Photo:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1119642861

Marengo 08-16-2007 09:04 PM

The Badens seems to be very well represented, markgrave Max, his wife Valerie, trhe brother and sister in law of the markgrave (Ludwig and Aglae) and his son Bernhard with wife Stephanie. And I might be forgetting one or two sons. It is safe to assume they befriended Prince Hassan too.

crisiñaki 08-16-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star (Post 654383)
It's quite well-known that the Spanish and Jordanian RF's are close, Noor and Sofia were well-known for their friendship.

However, does anyone know how long Alia and Feisal have been close to the Spanish RF for? Moreover didn't Felipe and Letizia spend time in Jordan last year? Were they staying independently or with the Royals?
Thanks!

Alia and Feisal have been good friends with the Dukes of Palma since the late ones went to their honeymoon in Jordan in 1997, the Princes of Preslav have always been close to the Palmas so they befriended Alia and Feisal as well

The whole group is: The Dukes of Palma (and sometimes Elena joins as well), Princess Alexia and Carlos Morales, Cristina de Borbon Dos Sicilias and Pedro Lopez-Quesada, Prince Feisal and Princess Alia of Jordan, Prince Kyril and Princess Rosario of Bulgaria, sometimes they are joined by Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, they aren't many royals who spend as much time together as these ones do;)

acdc1 08-16-2007 11:20 PM

Isn't Queen Sofia good friends with Queen Noor?

lula 08-17-2007 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star (Post 654383)
It's quite well-known that the Spanish and Jordanian RF's are close, Noor and Sofia were well-known for their friendship.

However, does anyone know how long Alia and Feisal have been close to the Spanish RF for? Moreover didn't Felipe and Letizia spend time in Jordan last year? Were they staying independently or with the Royals?
Thanks!

The Princes of Asturias began their honeymoon in Jordan after the wedding of the prince Hamzah. Later I believe that it was in the vacations of Holy Week of 2006 the Princes returned to travel to Jordan, and according to the Spanish press they were present at some type of celebration deprived on the occasion of the wedding of the Prince Hashem. When they travel to Jordania they are guests of the Royal Family.

donnaK 08-17-2007 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki (Post 654404)
The whole group is: The Dukes of Palma (and sometimes Elena joins as well), Princess Alexia and Carlos Morales, Cristina de Borbon Dos Sicilias and Pedro Lopez-Quesada, Prince Feisal and Princess Alia of Jordan, Prince Kyril and Princess Rosario of Bulgaria, sometimes they are joined by Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, they aren't many royals who spend as much time together as these ones do;)

I have never seen this whole group hanging out all together even once. Except for Haakon and MM, the rest are Cristina's cousins (Alexia and Cristina BS) or friends. Haakon and MM are good friends of Kyril and Rosaria and were staying at their house in Mallorca a few times. Since Cristina and Inaki befriends with Kyril and Rosaria, they were hanging out together a little, Haakon and MM are neither good friends of Cristina or Inaki, or the rest of the group.

stephanievl 08-17-2007 06:16 AM

King Albert and queen Beatrix are good friends

http://www.hollandcourier.com/wk-25_...ten_elkaar.jpg
http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/mm/...6103.94031.jpg

Mathilde and Maxima
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Mathilde, Maxima, Filip and Willem-Alexander
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Marengo 08-17-2007 06:39 AM

I think they are close indeed tough I am never too generous wit the term ´friend´. Albert consulted only two people (apart from his immidiate family) when he wondered if he should accept the throne or pass it on to Phillipe: Juan-Carlos and Beatrix.

Henri M. 08-17-2007 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 654504)
I they are close indeed. Albert consult only two people (apart from his immidiate family) when he wondered if he should accept the throne or pass it on to Phillipe: Juan-Carlos and Beatrix.

The hostility between the House Van Oranje-Nassau and the House Van België / De Belgique / Von Belgien has indeed gone since the interbellum, when finally the two Sovereigns from the neighbouring states did visit each other.

Before that there was a frosty cold between the King of the Netherlands, Grand Duke of Luxembourg, whose two European Realms bordered the new state (result of a break up with the Netherlands). There was genuine respect between Queen Juliana/Queen Beatrix and King Baudouin. Between Queen Beatrix and King Albert II there seems to be mutual feelings of friendship indeed. So the relationship has come to this point, from far.

:flowers:

Little_star 08-17-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki (Post 654404)
Alia and Feisal have been good friends with the Dukes of Palma since the late ones went to their honeymoon in Jordan in 1997, the Princes of Preslav have always been close to the Palmas so they befriended Alia and Feisal as well

The whole group is: The Dukes of Palma (and sometimes Elena joins as well), Princess Alexia and Carlos Morales, Cristina de Borbon Dos Sicilias and Pedro Lopez-Quesada, Prince Feisal and Princess Alia of Jordan, Prince Kyril and Princess Rosario of Bulgaria, sometimes they are joined by Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, they aren't many royals who spend as much time together as these ones do;)

Thanks for the info, I knew Alia and Feisal were friendly with Cristina and Inaki but hadn't realised they were close to the others.

lula 08-17-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star (Post 654577)
Thanks for the info, I knew Alia and Feisal were friendly with Cristina and Inaki but hadn't realised they were close to the others.

Since Donna has said, I do not believe that they are friends, they coincide because they have a few friends jointly, the Dukes of Palma, but I do not believe that they have a great friendship. They coincide in Palma de Mallorca, only that. The Dukes of Palma are friends of the Princes of Preslav and the Princess Alia spends the vacations with the Spanish Royal Family and they coincide. Of the same way Hakoon and Mette Marit they are friends of the princes of Preslav and can coincide with the Dukes of Palma. I believe that the link it is more the common friendship than a strong friendship between all.

crisiñaki 08-17-2007 12:26 PM

Haakon and Mette-Marit are friends with the Preslav and are usually guests of the Dukes of Palma when they come to Mallorca (I have never seen the CPs of Norway in Mallorca with either Lugos or Asturias), obviously Alexia and Cristina are cousins of Infanta Cristina, but for example Iñaki is good friends with both their husbands and you see them hanging around a lot and with Kyril as well; so at least Cristina+Cristina BDS+Alexia+Kyril+Feisal are friends with each other (the friend of my friend is my friend :lol:)

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...5/RTR11AE9.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...cumple2003.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...umple20034.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o..._103723_11.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...4/sp8768ef.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...n_160806_7.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ING_21-UKP.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...2080812_01.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/24088765.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5d32107482.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o..._794213_01.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o.../713865_09.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3...onkyrilrs8.jpg
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/8...ohaakonpq7.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4...inaaliavg5.jpg


Faisal and Alia come to Mallorca every year, you see her with Cristina all the time in there (well, not now since the Infantas are both in Montenegro) and as I shown in pics before, they spend a lot of time together (I don't think they would spend every summer together for an obligation;)) and if you noticed the birthday pics carefully, all you see is good friends having a good time, there weren't much foreign guests, only the closest ones

The Dukes of Palma are the ones who have more interaction with the other royal houses since they go to a lot of events, but I won't say for example that Iñaki is best friends with him just for this pic:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...NA%204/2-1.jpg

Or that Cristina & Madeleine are REALLY close just for this:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...istinaback.jpg

I'm just naming the ones that are actually close with the Dukes of Palma away from protocol and obligations; and as for family, you don't see for example Bruno & Felipe or Frederik & Pavlos hanging out with their wives like Alexia and Cristina do with their husbands, we aren't necessarily friendly with all our relatives or even with our in-laws:cool:

One more thing, about the group being all together: are you always with ALL your friends? I don't think so and in terms of agenda and such, it's almost impossible for them to be all together unless is in a royal celebration or so, doesn't mean they are not friends;)

(Pic source: UK Press, Abaca, IML. Goff, isifa)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises